• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Any good Caspar builds?
Has anyone thought of any good builds I can make for him? Try to keep the build at lvl 20 since I want something good for most of the game. (I know War Marster at lvl 30 but thats far away) Also assume I'm not benching him and taking the time to bring him to lvl 20 (B4 the just bench him because bases posts come in)

DLC included

User Info: Mjolnirboi

Mjolnirboi
1 week ago#2
Just get him to Wyvern Rider or Grappler.

Marianne is best girl. Nohrian scum is scum.
Get Zeke'd. https://i.imgur.com/QMacACU.jpg

User Info: Tluhdatsi

Tluhdatsi
1 week ago#3
Brigand until he learns Death Blow, then Brawler/Grappler.
With a thrill in my head and a pill on my tongue, dissolving the nerves has just begun.
Listening to Lionel, All Night Long, (all night), yeeeah, (all night)...

User Info: Dekadense

Dekadense
1 week ago#4
Fighter>Brigand for Death Blow>Grappler.

Grappler gets a unique CA that War Master can't use, therefore Grappler is superior.

User Info: Mjolnirboi

Mjolnirboi
1 week ago#5
Dekadense posted...
War Master gets a unique CA that War Grappler can't use, therefore War Master is superior.
FTFY.

Seriously, though - they're fairly balanced against each other. War Master's Strike and Crit +20 are no joke, even if Grappler has significant advantages like Fierce Iron Fist.
Marianne is best girl. Nohrian scum is scum.
Get Zeke'd. https://i.imgur.com/QMacACU.jpg
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: superxgaga

superxgaga
1 week ago#6
Oh yea bench
El, You steer the ship the best way you know. Sometimes it's smooth. Sometimes you hit the rocks. In the meantime, you find your pleasures where you can.

User Info: FreeFalco

FreeFalco
1 week ago#7
It's the same ideology as going Death Blow -> grappler route but with Caspar go Warrior with a Brave Axe+ instead because his personal.

Give him the C rank DLC battalion for +8 Str, +10 Hit, +10 Crit. His personal is effectively hit+10 overcoming brave axe accuracy weakness and puts his lvl 20 Brave Axe+ hitrate, effectively at 134 Hit with the accuracy ring.

Accuracy Ring

Axe Prowess 5
Death Blow
Lancebreaker
Str+2
HP +5 or Battalion Wrath

Once you get C authority switch your goals to solo axes for future skills or Axe, Brawling if you want war master. (You'll never use gauntlets though) At lvl 20 he'll have 56 Atk, effectively 134 Hit with Brave Axe+. That is enough to ORKO every non armored or boss unit on the 1st post timeskip maps.

CF Ch 13 https://imgur.com/a/EykY5St (85-100 hitrate on every non boss enemy on this map)
Non CF Ch 13 https://imgur.com/a/7HA6EhC (75 hitrate on assassins)

Keep a Steel Axe+ in his inventory for emergencies. Steel Axe+ Exhaustive Strike is a 1 use attack that let's him hit for 77 Atk, and effectively 139 Hit.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: ChicagoCharzard

ChicagoCharzard
1 week ago#8
Sweet, thanks for the input guys!

User Info: Dekadense

Dekadense
1 week ago#9
FreeFalco posted...
Warrior Caspar snip

Huh, actually might be on to something. Its unironically tempting to go for Mercenary and master Vantage for when you master Warrior for Wrath and go for War Master.

Vantage+Wrath is stupid good during Retribution, especially with a Killer Axe+ and the like. But then we've almost hit meme territory.

Btw, would you value Grappler Caspar lower just because his Brawl CA's are kinda meh? Bombard doesn't grant hit, which is disappointing to say the least but is very effecient for spamming.

User Info: FreeFalco

FreeFalco
1 week ago#10
Dekadense posted...
Huh, actually might be on to something. Its unironically tempting to go for Mercenary and master Vantage for when you master Warrior for Wrath and go for War Master.

Vantage+Wrath is stupid good during Retribution, especially with a Killer Axe+ and the like. But then we've almost hit meme territory.
Vantage Wrath is hella nice. I actually love those sets.

Dekadense posted...
Btw, would you value Grappler Caspar lower just because his Brawl CA's are kinda meh? Bombard doesn't grant hit, which is disappointing to say the least but is very effecient for spamming.
I think when I stereotypically look at grappler vs Warrior brave builds, I give grapplers the advantage due to having 6 move (unaffected by terrain), and accuracy being much better than Brave Axes. So I love grappler, especially with Raph.

With Caspar, he's more or less my exception. His personal let's him stand out by ensuring he's not going to suffer from hitrate issues, and Brave Axe hits like a truck compared to gauntlets making up for his Str, letting him ORKO post timeskip. Bonus points for not feeling like an inferior Raph like he would if he went through grappler

It's also just easy on proficiencies. C Authority then solo Axe. You can either try to raise his axes and/or brawling, or focus on other students while he does his thing as a warrior. Peep the lvl 20 Caspar having 90+ Hit on CF Ch 16 Pegasus Knights
(edited 1 week ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Any good Caspar builds?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers