• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. All the characters are poorly written

User Info: superxgaga

superxgaga
3 weeks ago#21
Someguy1006 posted...
Zero Escape Trilogy,
You mean the "makes Zero sense" trilogy?
El, you think you've got what you got, right? But Rhea, Dimitri and Claude? They building something alot bigger than you and me. We gotta make the first move!

User Info: Someguy1006

Someguy1006
3 weeks ago#22
superxgaga posted...
Someguy1006 posted...
Zero Escape Trilogy,
You mean the "makes Zero sense" trilogy?

What's important for a good story is good and/or entertaining characters. Which Zero Escape has in spades. The problem with Three Houses is that it barely makes use of its characters.

For example, CF route is basically the Byleth and Edelgard show with Hubert guest starring. A good and varied cast can make you forgive certain aspects which you can't really do with Three Houses as easily as you can with series like Zero Escape.
Holding out for Pikmin 4
Official Young Red Eyes Black Tunic Link

User Info: Thorscape

Thorscape
3 weeks ago#23
warriorman222 posted...
To those that say this game's writing is outright bad, what games would you if
say game average writing? Or good writing, just too have a point of comparison?

In any case, I really don't think these lords are some of the worst written. That being said, I believe every single route to be obviously unfinished, and even single story suffers immensely for it.
Every Falcom game ever is my baseline quality. Very few meet it.

User Info: ponyseizures

ponyseizures
3 weeks ago#24
Someguy1006 posted...
What's important for a good story is good and/or entertaining characters. Which Zero Escape has in spades. The problem with Three Houses is that it barely makes use of its characters.

For example, CF route is basically the Byleth and Edelgard show with Hubert guest starring. A good and varied cast can make you forgive certain aspects which you can't really do with Three Houses as easily as you can with series like Zero Escape.
Another difference with Zero Escape is that each character gets a route/piece of the flowchart- even the villain, but despite experiencing that piece of the flowchart and siding with them, that person is still the clear cut villain. Fire Emblem Three Houses does the same thing, but tries to reinforce each route so that the player's opinion feels right, and never questions the actions of the side they chose.

But it doesn't work, because Edelgard and Rhea are both just as shady ass antagonists as Dio.
4124-4997-6171

User Info: Someguy1006

Someguy1006
3 weeks ago#25
ponyseizures posted...
Someguy1006 posted...

Another difference with Zero Escape is that each character gets a route/piece of the flowchart- even the villain, but despite experiencing that piece of the flowchart and siding with them, that person is still the clear cut villain. Fire Emblem Three Houses does the same thing, but tries to reinforce each route so that the player's opinion feels right, and never questions the actions of the side they chose.

But it doesn't work, because Edelgard and Rhea are both just as shady ass antagonists as Dio.

Yeah, I really like Dio but they're still the clear villain of the story and VLR made no attempt to say that they were in the right. It's shown they had a troubled past but its not written to justify their actions.

If the FE writers wrote VLR then Dio would end up portrayed as being in the right only in their route. Other characters would be portrayed as villains who don't agree with them or they would not question them and Sigma.
Holding out for Pikmin 4
Official Young Red Eyes Black Tunic Link

User Info: ponyseizures

ponyseizures
3 weeks ago#26
Someguy1006 posted...
Yeah, I really like Dio but they're still the clear villain of the story and VLR made no attempt to say that they were in the right. It's shown they had a troubled past but its not written to justify their actions.

If the FE writers wrote VLR then Dio would end up portrayed as being in the right only in their route. Other characters would be portrayed as villains who don't agree with them or they would not question them and Sigma.
hahahaha Three Houses would be like Side with Dio, learn why mass extinction is actually justified, and why Phi and Sigma and everyone else must be destroyed via hidden time bombs
4124-4997-6171

User Info: Icewolff92

Icewolff92
2 weeks ago#27
Tanookichris posted...
Is this an Endgame alt?
Whatever

User Info: StellaLunaris

StellaLunaris
2 weeks ago#28
I thought y'all were talkin' about DIO and I was gonna make a joke about if you sided with him, he only throws TWO knives at Jotaro and in non-vital areas, but everything else remain the same.

And DIO-stans will accuse Jotaro of gaslighting him during the playing-dead scene.

Oh well, I'll file that joke away for another time.
https://society6.com/redpawdesigns
I draw stuff. Buy a pillow to support your butt AND my gaming backlog collection

User Info: Walshin

Walshin
2 weeks ago#29
StellaLunaris posted...
I thought y'all were talkin' about DIO and I was gonna make a joke about if you sided with him, he only throws TWO knives at Jotaro and in non-vital areas, but everything else remain the same.

And DIO-stans will accuse Jotaro of gaslighting him during the playing-dead scene.

Oh well, I'll file that joke away for another time.

I wish Seteth had a personal combat art which allows him to throw knives at people.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. All the characters are poorly written
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers