• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Holy Knight in Maddening

User Info: SavageJester

SavageJester
3 weeks ago#1
Lately I've been playing maddening with Byleth in awful classes such as Great Knight, Mortal Savant, etc. Now I'm trying to make Byleth into a holy knight. What would be the best path and skills to make this work in Maddening? Please refrain from discouraging holy knight.

User Info: superxgaga

superxgaga
3 weeks ago#2
Commoner, soldier, brigand, cavalier, paladin, EO, holy knight.
El, you think you've got what you got, right? But Rhea, Dimitri and Claude? They building something alot bigger than you and me. We gotta make the first move!

User Info: Flash2Beasley

Flash2Beasley
3 weeks ago#3
He'll have white magic avoid +20 so evasion tanking is semi viable, not long term though since only 15 total uses of white magic.

Get Sacred Power cause that's always useful, as far as the weapon you choose to main that's up to you, though lances will make getting into Holy Knight easier.

User Info: Dekadense

Dekadense
3 weeks ago#4
Monk>Mage>Filler>HK

MAG+2, Faith Prowess, WMA+20, Fiendish Blow and HP+5/Dex+4/whatever.

Low uses of white magic is a problem, so may want to invest in lances after all.

User Info: KryptoPyro13

KryptoPyro13
3 weeks ago#5
You can still use Reason as a HK, so don't necessarily need lances... (other than to get into HK)
Fire Emblem Fates Code:
08575-23161 91163-05017

User Info: Tmaster148

Tmaster148
3 weeks ago#6
KryptoPyro13 posted...
You can still use Reason as a HK, so don't necessarily need lances... (other than to get into HK)

Magic Byleth can get away with just using the Sword of the Creator as the back up weapon, because magic generally hurts most units hard anyways. The few units immune to magic like monster with shields can just be hit with a battalion or Sword of the Creator.
http://i.imgur.com/BBcZDLJ.png

User Info: Flash2Beasley

Flash2Beasley
3 weeks ago#7
KryptoPyro13 posted...

This is true but between Byleth's average magic stat, incredible strength stat, and mediocre reason spell list I think a physical weapon will do better. I guess going mono-magic does at least let you use things like magic +2 and fiendish blow without waste.

User Info: sonicnewboy

sonicnewboy
3 weeks ago#8
Byleth with White Magic Avoid + 20 and an Evasion battaltion can be a really good dodge tank. As Enlightened One at least. Maybe a bit less so as a Holy Knight due to the lower speed.
FC: 2449-4776-5871 (New Boy)
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Holy Knight in Maddening
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers