• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Interesting post abt Edelgard's memory(spoilers)

User Info: rukn

rukn
3 weeks ago#1
really cool post on Edelgard’s memories with regards to Dimitri
https://www.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/dut99l/on_the_topic_of_edelgards_memory_and_her/
Tldr:
Edelgard doesn’t remember her friendship with Dimitri, in AM Dimitri triggers her memories by calling her El and giving her dagger back and in CF when he calls her El she likely makes her remember her prior friendship with him.

Personally this tragic structure really hit me. It reminds of an old story where this great undefeated champion named
Rustum goes in disguise to challenge a mighty warrior named Sehrab in a rival city. Sehrab keeps asking again and again for his identity but Rustum only replies with his blade. After a brutal battle Rustum slays Sehrab, and in his last moments Sehrab laughs and says that Rustum is dead man because his mother told him that his father is a mighty warrior who will avenge him. Amused Rustum asks for this warrior’s name only to find out it’s Rustum himself. The revelation breaks him thus fulfilling his son’s curse.

Lol that post awakened some of my own memories of stories I heard as a kid. Any way how do you feel abt this post, Edelgard brutally offs her brother only to realise that he was one of the few ppl who formed a genuine friendship with her. Do you find any thing interesting, do you like this post or do you disagree with it. Feel free to share 😊

User Info: Juliansol

Juliansol
3 weeks ago#2
That memory lose was always strange as its never given a support at anynpoint. It is interesting though.

User Info: superxgaga

superxgaga
3 weeks ago#3
Bish is faking it!
El, my dear, in order to prove that you are right, you must become stronger than anyone else.
More speed-wings and energy drops, m'Lady?

User Info: Juliansol

Juliansol
3 weeks ago#4
superxgaga posted...
Bish is faking it!
Her ptsd is actually really well handled in white clouds though.

User Info: Ninjaed

Ninjaed
3 weeks ago#5
She's not faking it. It's tragic like what you could find in Greek litterature.

But then, even knowing this, she still chooses to kill him, unlike that other story you shared. So yeah, dick move. Didn't even think about prison.
#BringGoldenSunBack - We love the series for a reason, give it a try :)
Trials of Mana 3D remake on switch confirmed! Go Riesz for Smash!!

User Info: BloodMoon7

BloodMoon7
3 weeks ago#6
Like it matters. Edelgard would kill her own father if he stood in her way and she would feel nothing.

She can't afford to feel anything. Her vision demands sacrifice even from herself.
Fire Emblem Three Mounteds
The Black Peaglesus, The Blue Stallions and the Golden Wyvern Rideers... Which mount will you choose? Fire Emblem Three Horses.

superxgaga
3 weeks ago#7
BloodMoon7 posted...
Like it matters. Edelgard would kill her own father if he stood in her way and she would feel nothing.

She can't afford to feel anything. Her vision demands sacrifice even from herself.
Hes so close to dying anyways, I doubt he could even stand lol, it's ok tho I'm her new daddy.
El, my dear, in order to prove that you are right, you must become stronger than anyone else.

User Info: BloodMoon7

BloodMoon7
3 weeks ago#8
superxgaga posted...
BloodMoon7 posted...

Hes so close to dying anyways, I doubt he could even stand lol, it's ok tho I'm her new daddy.

He liked pineapple pizza too. The Insurrection of the Seven actually happened because Ionus tried to make it the national dish.
Fire Emblem Three Mounteds
The Black Peaglesus, The Blue Stallions and the Golden Wyvern Rideers... Which mount will you choose? Fire Emblem Three Horses.

superxgaga
3 weeks ago#9
BloodMoon7 posted...
He liked pineapple pizza too. The Insurrection of the Seven actually happened because Ionus tried to make it the national dish.
Old bastard!

User Info: Shire_Bound

Shire_Bound
3 weeks ago#10
It's interesting but irrelevant. I fully believe that even if she remembered him it would change nothing about her actions. She'd still act coldly towards him in White Clouds, still not attempt to sway him to her side, and still try to kill him in every single route. She'd just be a bit more bummed about it.
All hail King Dimitri.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Interesting post abt Edelgard's memory(spoilers)
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers