• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. BL Arundel question *spoilers*

User Info: Whisky

Whisky
1 week ago#1
Why does Arundel fight you directly in AM? I assume the answer is poor writing? Why does he not retreat back to Shambhala and prepare to launch his dubstep nukes and resurrect Nemesis?
ALttP is a great game.

User Info: Mjolnirboi

Mjolnirboi
1 week ago#2
Because he also has to maintain his front of an empire general and gets murdered by Dimitri unexpectedly.

The real reason is that Azure Moon would be the uncontested best route if it also destroyed Shambhala and even moreso if Nemesis was taken on.
Marianne is best girl. Nohrian scum is scum.
Get Zeke'd. https://i.imgur.com/QMacACU.jpg
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Poison-puffs

Poison-puffs
1 week ago#3
He’s attacking the alliance & assumes that Cornelia would have been able to deal with Dimitri and his forces, he’s surprised they’re even there. Arundel is the Regent and a general of the Empire so he’s commanding the Imperial forces, also he was out of Teleporter juice or can only warp as Thales (also it’s assumed he’s the only one who can launch the Nukes)
Star Platinum OP please nerf - Dio Brando
Sheer Heart Attack has no weakness
(edited 1 week ago)

Whisky
1 week ago#4
Poison-puffs posted...
He’s attacking the alliance & assumes that Cornelia would have been able to deal with Dimitri and his forces, he’s surprised they’re even there. Arundel is the Regent and a general of the Empire so he’s commanding the Imperial forces, also he was out of Teleporter juice or can only warp as Thales (also it’s assumed he’s the only one who can launch the Nukes)

That’s a lot of conveniences.
ALttP is a great game.

User Info: FaroresWinds

FaroresWinds
1 week ago#5
Whisky posted...
Poison-puffs posted...

That’s a lot of conveniences.

The whole game is full of conveniences. I've given up at this point.

Whisky
1 week ago#6
FaroresWinds posted...
The whole game is full of conveniences. I've given up at this point.

Yeah, I guess you’re right.
ALttP is a great game.

User Info: superxgaga

superxgaga
1 week ago#7
Ya see he goes to alliance to sweep up the relics, expecting it to be easy as alliance suffered great loss at Gronder. It's like u go for a booty call, and u pretty much had your knob out and Dimitri and his gang of thugs showed up and u's like "f***", he got pwnd b4 he could even pull his pants up.
El, my dear, in order to prove that you are right, you must become stronger than anyone else.
More speed-wings and energy drops, m'Lady?

User Info: Walshin

Walshin
1 week ago#8
Mjolnirboi posted...

The real reason is that Azure Moon would be the uncontested best route if it also destroyed Shambhala and even moreso if Nemesis was taken on.

That's an interesting point. There's truth in that, but I think it's rather a tone problem : the BL route has to end with the fight against monster Edelgard , it's the whole point of the story. But in other routes, the campaign in Shambhala takes place place after the fight in the capital, courtesy of Hubert's letter. I guess the writers couldn't reconcile those two things and just said " f*** it, let's have Dimitri kill Thales by accident " ?

Whisky
1 week ago#9
Walshin posted...
That's an interesting point. There's truth in that, but I think it's rather a tone problem : the BL route has to end with the fight against monster Edelgard , it's the whole point of the story. But in other routes, the campaign in Shambhala takes place place after the fight in the capital, courtesy of Hubert's letter. I guess the writers couldn't reconcile those two things and just said " f*** it, let's have Dimitri kill Thales by accident " ?

Yeah, that seems likely. It would have been nice if they could have written it so that those things could have happened in a way that makes sense. We can also ask the opposite question, why does Edelgard not transform in the other routes.

I think this game was over ambitious. It tried to have its cake and eat it too.
ALttP is a great game.

User Info: MrPerson01

MrPerson01
1 week ago#10
Walshin posted...
it's the whole point of the story. But in other routes, the campaign in Shambhala takes place place after the fight in the capital, courtesy of Hubert's letter.

It's safe to assume that in BL, Hubert still left a letter for them, however, the most he would be able to say is Rhea's location. Since TWSitD didn't fire a missile this time around, he really had no way to track them, and all he could do was just tell them about him. From that point, it's anyone's guess as to what Dimitri would do with that info, but it's obvious that TWSitD was severely weakened anyway.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. BL Arundel question *spoilers*
  • Post New Message