• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Comparing Anna to similar Characters

User Info: Pinco_Pallino

Pinco_Pallino
1 week ago#21
Hayas***akara posted...
https://imgur.com/4OZD097

also if you're playing in Maddening, no way in f***ing hell is Ingrid, or any of the students for that matter going to be level 5. average levels would be like 3.
Thanks or the image.

Now, i see that what you meant is: "Ingrid is mever going to outspeed Anna because she has 3 points of spd lead, if you constantly keep her 4 levels ahead", or "she will never outspeed Anna at the moment he joins because Anna has a higher level at that point". However that sounds different when you say:

Ingrid will never outspeed Anna. Anna has a 3 point lead on base, and 5% difference will never close that gap outside of being RNG screwed

Because that sounds like a comparison at various stages of the game (the "will never lose the gap" part), when you had time to get them at the same level. You should try to be more clear so to avoid making people misunderstand things.

In any case it's also true that at level 5 Ingrid on average has only 0.6 spd less than that lvl 5 Anna, but that's not all. You also forgot to mention that 1 point of Anna's spd comes from her class, so her actual spd is 10. That means Ingrid actually has +0.4 spd, and she has slighty better growths. So yeah, at the same level, Ingrid is faster, altough slighty, at any stage of the game.

I think that you should change your OP to clarify that Anna is getting +1 spd from her class, as well as +5 luck from her passive so that people won't count that twice.
Make a fire for a man, and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: HayashiTakara

HayashiTakara
1 week ago#22
Pinco_Pallino posted...
Hayas***akara posted...
https://imgur.com/4OZD097

also if you're playing in Maddening, no way in f***ing hell is Ingrid, or any of the students for that matter going to be level 5. average levels would be like 3.
Thanks or the image.

Now, i see that what you meant is: "Ingrid is mever going to outspeed Anna because she has 3 points of spd lead, <u>if you constantly keep her 4 levels ahead</u>", or "she will never outspeed Anna at the moment he joins <u>because Anna has a higher level at that point</u>". However that sounds different when you say:

Ingrid will never outspeed Anna. Anna has a 3 point lead on base, and 5% difference will never close that gap outside of being RNG screwed

Because that sounds like a comparison at various stages of the game (the "will never lose the gap" part), when you had time to get them at the same level. You should try to be more clear so to avoid making people misunderstand things.

In any case it's also true that at level 5 Ingrid on average has only 0.6 spd less than that lvl 5 Anna, but that's not all. You also forgot to mention that 1 point of Anna's spd comes from her class, so her actual spd is 10. That means Ingrid actually has +0.4 spd, and she has slighty better growths. So yeah, at the same level, Ingrid is faster, altough slighty, at any stage of the game.

I think that you should change your OP to clarify that Anna is getting +1 spd from her class, as well as +5 luck from her passive so that people won't count that twice.

decimal speed means nothing, the game doesn't function in decimals everything is rounded down. you can't unequip her personal. so 14 is forever her base luck when recruited at this level.

even on the same level. they're the same across the board. Anna will always have a level lead regardless, unless you stop to feed Ingrid kills. But for the sake of argument, make them the same levels.

for example, if both went through fighter > brigand for 5 lvls, pegasus 5 levels > wyvern rider

both will have 19 STR 21 SPD as a Wyvern Rider level 20.

since they're both identical. It boils down to what uniqueness they bring. and their talents.

Crests
Anna's improve survivability by stopping counter attacks
Ingrids add 5 mt when using combat arts

Weapon Rank and proficiency, they're tied as far as im concern. Each will have to put in some work towards one of the ranks they need regardless, i.e. if wyvern lord, Ingrid will lag behind in axes and anna will lag behind in flying. both are a none issue as it's neutral respectively.

Anna has better combat arts, that's not even a question.

as I mentioned in a different thread. they're effectively the same character usage wise, and it comes down to flavor.
NNID: HTakara82 - Add me if you're looking for a good time, lol
NS FC: SW-6233-5661-0820

User Info: Pinco_Pallino

Pinco_Pallino
1 week ago#23
Ok, first of all, you are talking about their general value as an unit, but i'm just saying that the way you put things is missleading and you should clarify a few things so that people who read things won't get confused. I don't care if Anna is better than Ingrid or not, but the comparison must be fair and clear.

Second, decimals aren't in the game, but they are still a good indicator for a comparison. An unit having a higher decimal than another unit simply means that the first has an higher chance of having an actual higher stat in the game. In other words, an unit that at lvl X has, for example, an average of 10.9 has an higher chance to "get lucky" and actually have 11 points of that stat at that level, compared to an unit that has an average of exactly 10.

Third, i never said you don't have to take Anna's +5 luck into consideration, i said you should write that you already added it to her stats, so that a reader can't commit the mistake of thinking he still has to add it.

Last, Ingrid's spd as a lvl 20 Wyvern Rider is:
8+0.6*19+0.1*5+3 = 22.9

Anna, starting from 10 spd at lvl 5, has:
10+0.55*15+0.1*5+3 = 21.75

So Ingrid is faster. Maybe you will say that 1 point is hardly relevant and that's true. In a previous post i even wrote they are basically just as fast. But that's beyond my point which is: be more careful and try to avoid being missleading. I'm not arguing which unit is overall better.
Make a fire for a man, and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
(edited 1 week ago)
Hayas***akara posted...
In maddening, you never ever want to shoot at more than 2 range
what

Curved Shot is basically a requirement to get through Maddening
nd9k: everything i post is terrible

User Info: Vayu_The_End

Vayu_The_End
1 week ago#25
Hayas***akara posted...
First off, it's torture getting Bernadetta to Brigand, it's one of the hardest things to do, she'll probably never get there

What the f***? You could have her by C rank Axes by chapter 6 easily, which is around the time you can have her at level 10 anyway.

Mastering Brigand is piss easy.
Spencer! Devon! Maria! LAWRENCE! NOOOOO!!!
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: DN1501

DN1501
1 week ago#26
NeonDragon9000 posted...
Hayas***akara posted...
In maddening, you never ever want to shoot at more than 2 range
what

Curved Shot is basically a requirement to get through Maddening

Yeah idk what this guy is smoking Curved Shot is one of the best early game CA in Maddening and is still very useful mid-lategame. Also a Bow Knight with hit + 20 and a hit focused battalion will achieve 85+ accuracy against almost all enemies from 4 range.

User Info: Sw0rd_27

Sw0rd_27
1 week ago#27
Dancer Anna it is.

Edit: Never mind, she cant be a dancer :(
FC 4682-8917-7789
(edited 1 week ago)
DN1501 posted...
Yeah idk what this guy is smoking Curved Shot is one of the best early game CA in Maddening and is still very useful mid-lategame. Also a Bow Knight with hit + 20 and a hit focused battalion will achieve 85+ accuracy against almost all enemies from 4 range.
None of my archers have any accuracy issues with the right abilities and battalions. Even Deadeye from five spaces away has over 80% most of the time.
nd9k: everything i post is terrible
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Comparing Anna to similar Characters
  • Post New Message