• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. To those who hate Rhea / think Edelgard is right... (spoilers)

User Info: Milla_Maxwell

Milla_Maxwell
3 weeks ago#171
I think Edelgard had the right idea, but didn't go about it in the right way.

That being said, I do like Rhea quite a bit, but I wish she had more screentime and actual supports with anyone but Byleth.
Gamers this generation only work in hyperbole. Something is either god's gift to gaming or a cancerous blight that needs to die in a fire. There's no in between

User Info: LordSeymour77

LordSeymour77
3 weeks ago#172
StellaLunaris posted...
Greek Hades was a p****.

A POMEGRANATE? Really? Those seeds are a b**** to get out so of course she'd only eat three! Shoulda offered her a jar of olives or something.

See that I said least bad. Most conflicts in Greek legends come from the fact that Zeus can't keep his dick in his pants. In Warriors Orochi 4, his own son, Ares, even calls him out for it.
If you want PC games outside of the tyranny of Steam, please try Jast USA and MangaGamer.

User Info: DiogoShadowJorg

DiogoShadowJorg
3 weeks ago#173
LordSeymour77 posted...
Fate Gilgamesh is based on the historical/legendary one, who is chaotic good... Ha, TV Tropes. As for Ishtar, while not as much, Mesopotamian gods were often as f***ed up as Greek ones. I bet that you think that Hades is the "bad guy" in Greek mythology based on the pseudo-Christian version that Disney tells, but the original one from Greek legends was actually the least bad of them all. In terms of f***ed up deities, strictly speaking, Yahweh is, too, but because he has so many modern followers, few call him out for it.

It doesn't matter if it's based on the historical one, when he does evil all the same.

Ha, TV TROPES, which are far more trustworthy than you.

Not at all, Only the disney one and a few other evil incarnations of him in games. The Hades of mythology wasn't that great, as most greek gods were scum anyway, but like you said he was among the better ones.

Yahweh is a false god to begin with, as it's said that he pretended to be the real god. Not that it matters much, since the bible and other scriptures are full of nonsense.
"Righteousness is like a good sword... just keep it pointed in the right direction."
FC: 3926-8239-0430

User Info: LordSeymour77

LordSeymour77
3 weeks ago#174
DiogoShadowJorg posted...
Ha, TV TROPES, which are far more trustworthy than you.

No, TV Tropes should only be used if a specialized wiki does not exist. For Type-Moon stuff, it does: http://fate-go.cirnopedia.org/servant_profile.php?servant=012 Chaotic Good
Thing is, Gilgamesh's deal is being the hero that humanity deserves, not the one it needs. Compare his Fate/stay night self with his portrayal in Fate/extra or Fate/grand order. A line that he says in F/SN sums up his philosophy of deserved hero, rather than needed one. During his heyday, he decided to play a game with himself where he lined up 10 slaves to decide which is the most useless one to kill. In the end, he could not bring himself to kill any of them. However, in the modern world, according to him, not just 10, or even 100. 1000s could die, and he would not bat an eye about it.
DiogoShadowJorg posted...
Not that it matters much, since the bible and other scriptures are full of nonsense.

I agree.
If you want PC games outside of the tyranny of Steam, please try Jast USA and MangaGamer.

User Info: goodJT

goodJT
3 weeks ago#175
LordSeymour77 posted...
As someone mentioned, apart from Claude, the Agarthans could easily provoke either Edie or Dimitri into instigating a war. That's just how the coin flip ended up.

Well... more Dimitri if Edelgard didn't start things.
AKA Tykronos/Ryltex, The Glass Wraith Of Gamefaqs.
Hoping to be a Therapist/Counsellor for the Three Houses Cast, they really need one badly.

User Info: Ninjaed

Ninjaed
3 weeks ago#176
goodJT posted...
LordSeymour77 posted...
As someone mentioned, apart from Claude, the Agarthans could easily provoke either Edie or Dimitri into instigating a war. That's just how the coin flip ended up.

Well... more Dimitri if Edelgard didn't start things.

Actually, Thales as Arundel could have simply goaded (or threatened) Aegir into denouncing Edelgard then declaring the war himself. They'd never planned for Dimitri to be a pawn, he was just a nuisance: either too honourable or too wild. In both cases, impossible to control. That's why Cornelia tries to get him killed. And after war is declared (by Edelgard or someone else), she'd declare her Dukedom and all would be the same.

At least that's my headcanon that TWSITD aren't completely stupid and had actually planned ahead, since they had 1,000 years to do so. I prefer this to what IS seems to be giving us: cartoon villains who don't do anything, sit idly by and are wiped out by 2 people... Like, really? That's the big threat this continent is facing? Wow...
#BringGoldenSunBack - We love the series for a reason, give it a try :)
Trials of Mana 3D remake on switch confirmed! Go Riesz for Smash!!
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. To those who hate Rhea / think Edelgard is right... (spoilers)
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers