• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. To those who hate Rhea / think Edelgard is right... (spoilers)

User Info: Ninjaed

Ninjaed
1 week ago#161
Ad_Victoriam posted...
Stepdog posted...
Yeah because Satan was actually put in charge of hell by God.

My knowledge of Christianity is rather poor, but God didn't put Satan in charge of Hell. He, as the angel Lucifer, was banished from Heaven because he became prideful and rebelled. Hell is his punishment, not his domain. Satan walks the earth inflicting anger and torment on mortals.

Someone should correct me on that since I'm almost certainly wrong in the details.

Stepdog posted...
Rhea put herself in charge of Fodlan claimed it was God’s will then turn Fodlan into hell.

Except that's not what happened. She runs the Church and manipulated history and society so Fódlan is reliant on crests, true, but she doesn't rule the world. The Church of Seiros, despite violently suppressing enemies and displaying a little bit of religious intolerance, is largely benevolent. Any and all conflict is committed by Those Who Slither in the Dark, a group of people who, like Lucifer, became prideful, rebelled against God, and were punished for it. They are ultimately responsible for Edelgard's war and the way Fódlan functions during the present, not Rhea. That's not to say that the church isn't guilty of some crimes, but they are not responsible for everything happening at large.

Rhea herself saved Catherine, Cyril, Shamir, Jeralt, and Byleth when it was easy to let them die. I don't remember exactly, but doesn't she say that she had good intentions for the church aside from wanting to see her mother?

I pretty much agree, except for the part where you say Rhea "manipulated history and society so Fódlan is reliant on crests".

We know she said that Crests were a gift from the Goddess to explain Nemesis and his Elites bearing Crests. But we don't know the exact reasons why she didn't denounce them.
To avoid prosecution of their descendants who did nothing wrong?
Because the ones in power already bore Crests and they didn't die in the war?
So that humans are always ruled by someone linked to the Goddess, so that her rules apply?

The story doesn't tell us for certain, so we can only assume. Judging from her character, I'd say it's because she wanted to stop further bloodshed and have some sort of positive influence. The Book of Seiros was written before Nemesis was vanquished after all. Not after.
#BringGoldenSunBack - We love the series for a reason, give it a try :)
Trials of Mana 3D remake on switch confirmed! Go Riesz for Smash!!

User Info: Ad_Victoriam

Ad_Victoriam
1 week ago#162
Ninjaed posted...
I pretty much agree, except for the part where you say Rhea "manipulated history and society so Fódlan is reliant on crests".

I couldn't really find the right words. "Manipulated" may have been especially harsh, but I was a bit sleep deprived when I wrote that. "Altered" would fit better.

Rhea altered history by claiming she fought with the Ten Elites against King Nemesis. History is written by the victor, and it's evidently true when we read any historical texts. She also said that crests were a gift from the Goddess when they were in fact made from the blood of those massacred at Zanado, minus those Seiros, Cichol, and Cethleann shared with humans. Regardless of her intent, she did alter history and society is, for better or worse, reliant on crests as a result.
"Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?"

User Info: Ninjaed

Ninjaed
1 week ago#163
Ad_Victoriam posted...

I couldn't really find the right words. "Manipulated" may have been especially harsh, but I was a bit sleep deprived when I wrote that. "Altered" would fit better.

Rhea altered history by claiming she fought with the Ten Elites against King Nemesis. History is written by the victor, and it's evidently true when we read any historical texts. She also said that crests were a gift from the Goddess when they were in fact made from the blood of those massacred at Zanado, minus those Seiros, Cichol, and Cethleann shared with humans. Regardless of her intent, she did alter history and society is, for better or worse, reliant on crests as a result.

True of course, I simply meant to say that her aim was likely not to make society reliant on crests, but that it was merely an unfortunate consequence of her actions regardless.
#BringGoldenSunBack - We love the series for a reason, give it a try :)
Trials of Mana 3D remake on switch confirmed! Go Riesz for Smash!!

User Info: Ad_Victoriam

Ad_Victoriam
1 week ago#164
Ninjaed posted...
True of course, I simply meant to say that her aim was likely not to make society reliant on crests, but that it was merely an unfortunate consequence of her actions regardless.

I understood what you were getting at, and I hope I fixed my choice of words. I was just trying to state fact and fix an awful, incorrect comparison to Lucifer rather than pin any blame on Rhea.
"Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?"

User Info: FaroresWinds

FaroresWinds
1 week ago#165
Ninjaed posted...
Ad_Victoriam posted...

Very true. She accidentally allowed an environment for the crest system to thrive, but ultimately crests are a crutch. People crave power, and crests were easy way to keep a grip on that. If crests weren't there, something else would have been the deciding factor for power.
LordSeymour77 posted...
DiogoShadowJorg posted...
bad in CF

No, he isn't. Again, he's the Enkidu to Edelgard's Gilgamesh.

That's not a good thing. Since Enkidu is pretty much blindly loyal. Also, Gilgamesh is more of an innefectual villain, unlike Edelgard who is a real threat.
"Righteousness is like a good sword... just keep it pointed in the right direction."
FC: 3926-8239-0430
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: LordSeymour77

LordSeymour77
1 week ago#167
That's not a good thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssHDWxv5w08
Oh, yes, it is.
Gilgamesh is more of an innefectual villain, unlike Edelgard who is a real threat.

No, he is the chaotic good king of heroes... Oh, but what, does his deicide offend you? Haha, that Gugulanna steak must have been delicious, like Ishtar's tears.
If you want PC games outside of the tyranny of Steam, please try Jast USA and MangaGamer.
LordSeymour77 posted...
That's not a good thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssHDWxv5w08
Oh, yes, it is.
Gilgamesh is more of an innefectual villain, unlike Edelgard who is a real threat.

No, he is the chaotic good king of heroes... Oh, but what, does his deicide offend you? Haha, that Gugulanna steak must have been delicious, like Ishtar's tears.

I don't even know what you are talking about, since you are clearly talking about a pretty obscure Gilgamesh. You mentioned Enkidu and Gilgamesh, so I thought you were talking about the Final Fantasy one.

Don't know who those are, but knowing you, they were probably better people than Gilgamesh was, at the very least Ishtar, since she has a godess' name.

EDIT: I assume you are talking about the Fate/Order something or the other, who by the way, is evil, as TV TROPES clearly state the many evil actions he takes.
"Righteousness is like a good sword... just keep it pointed in the right direction."
FC: 3926-8239-0430
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: LordSeymour77

LordSeymour77
1 week ago#169
Fate Gilgamesh is based on the historical/legendary one, who is chaotic good... Ha, TV Tropes. As for Ishtar, while not as much, Mesopotamian gods were often as f***ed up as Greek ones. I bet that you think that Hades is the "bad guy" in Greek mythology based on the pseudo-Christian version that Disney tells, but the original one from Greek legends was actually the least bad of them all. In terms of f***ed up deities, strictly speaking, Yahweh is, too, but because he has so many modern followers, few call him out for it.
If you want PC games outside of the tyranny of Steam, please try Jast USA and MangaGamer.

User Info: StellaLunaris

StellaLunaris
1 week ago#170
LordSeymour77 posted...
I bet that you think that Hades is the "bad guy" in Greek mythology based on the pseudo-Christian version that Disney tells, but the original one from Greek legends was actually the least bad of them all.

Greek Hades was a p****.

A POMEGRANATE? Really? Those seeds are a b**** to get out so of course she'd only eat three! Shoulda offered her a jar of olives or something.
https://society6.com/redpawdesigns
I draw stuff. Buy a pillow to support your butt AND my gaming backlog collection
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. To those who hate Rhea / think Edelgard is right... (spoilers)
  • Post New Message