• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. To those who hate Rhea / think Edelgard is right... (spoilers)

User Info: Ninjaed

Ninjaed
4 days ago#151
Stepdog posted...

Yeah because Satan was actually put in charge of hell by God. Rhea put herself in charge of Fodlan claimed it was God’s will then turn Fodlan into hell.

So now Rhea is Satan and Fodlan has become hell? Are Claude and Dimitri Samael and Belial while we're at it?

... Do you even realise how stupid what you're saying is right now?
#BringGoldenSunBack - We love the series for a reason, give it a try :)
Trials of Mana 3D remake on switch confirmed! Go Riesz for Smash!!
"Rhea put herself in charge of fodlan claimed it was god's will then turned Fodlan into hell"
This is why i lost faith in this board.
Bit By Bit we move closer to the peak of society. Frailed by lies and deceiving, but one thing is true beneath the rubble. All memes are valid.

User Info: jloweis

jloweis
4 days ago#153
Stepdog posted...
Yeah because Satan was actually put in charge of hell by God.

Even this isn't true lol.
"And if you think I'm wrong, think again, because it is, in fact, my opinion."

User Info: Ad_Victoriam

Ad_Victoriam
4 days ago#154
Stepdog posted...
Yeah because Satan was actually put in charge of hell by God.

My knowledge of Christianity is rather poor, but God didn't put Satan in charge of Hell. He, as the angel Lucifer, was banished from Heaven because he became prideful and rebelled. Hell is his punishment, not his domain. Satan walks the earth inflicting anger and torment on mortals.

Someone should correct me on that since I'm almost certainly wrong in the details.

Stepdog posted...
Rhea put herself in charge of Fodlan claimed it was God’s will then turn Fodlan into hell.

Except that's not what happened. She runs the Church and manipulated history and society so Fódlan is reliant on crests, true, but she doesn't rule the world. The Church of Seiros, despite violently suppressing enemies and displaying a little bit of religious intolerance, is largely benevolent. Any and all conflict is committed by Those Who Slither in the Dark, a group of people who, like Lucifer, became prideful, rebelled against God, and were punished for it. They are ultimately responsible for Edelgard's war and the way Fódlan functions during the present, not Rhea. That's not to say that the church isn't guilty of some crimes, but they are not responsible for everything happening at large.

Rhea herself saved Catherine, Cyril, Shamir, Jeralt, and Byleth when it was easy to let them die. I don't remember exactly, but doesn't she say that she had good intentions for the church aside from wanting to see her mother?
"Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?"
(edited 4 days ago)

jloweis
4 days ago#155
Ad_Victoriam posted...
My knowledge of Christianity is rather poor, but God didn't put Satan in charge of Hell. He, as the angel Lucifer, was banished from Heaven because he became prideful and rebelled. Hell is his punishment, not his domain. Satan walks the earth inflicting anger and torment on mortals.

This is true.

Ad_Victoriam posted...
Except that's not what happened. She runs the Church and manipulated history and society so Fódlan is reliant on crests, true, but she doesn't rule the world. The Church of Seiros, despite violently suppressing enemies and a little bit of religious intolerance, is largely benevolent. Any and all conflict is committed by Those Who Slither in the Dark, a group of people who, like Lucifer, became prideful, rebelled against God, and were punished for it. They are ultimately responsible for Edelgard's war and the way Fódlan functions during the present, not Rhea.

Rhea herself saved Catherine, Cyril, Shamir, Jeralt, and Byleth when it was easy to let them die. I don't remember exactly, but doesn't she say that she had good intentions for the church aside from wanting to see her mother?

This is also true.

User Info: VeraMagna

VeraMagna
4 days ago#156
I don't hate Rhea but I'm not game with her deifying her mom. Even Tiki, the Voice of Naga, who literally can hear the transcendent voice of her ancestor, did not establish the faith herself. She even feels pretty iffy when her friends call her some titles, opting for Lady Tiki at most. Rhea must be some kind of disturbed when she crowned herself "Saint Seiros".

I voted anyway because my friend gave me gummy bears for it. Yes there are lines I'm willing to cross for gummy bears.

User Info: Maid_of_Ice

Maid_of_Ice
4 days ago#157
Rhea altered history and f***ed over lots of people in Fodlan. She lost so much in the war and did what she could (through immoral means) to get back what she wanted the most: her mother. So she did anything to gain power for her expirements.

Edelgard was a product of this, and lost so much because of Rhea’s politics and religion. Her siblings, her lifespan, etc. So she wants to alter history through war instead of “rewriting history” like Rhea did.

Rhea and Edelgard are such excellent foils to each other in this sense. They both lose so much and want to make things right in their own ways. Granted, Rhea’s was more selfish, but I digress. Rhea lost things in war, Edelgard wants to fix things through war. They both do f***ed things and have their reasonings. Anyone who thinks that any of them are pure evil have an implicit bias for a side. Most people in this game is morally grey except for the obvious Slither.
"We waste time looking for the perfect lover, instead of creating the perfect love."
http://i.imgur.com/WjZUWK6.jpg

jloweis
4 days ago#158
Maid_of_Ice posted...
Rhea altered history and f***ed over lots of people in Fodlan. She lost so much in the war and did what she could (through immoral means) to get back what she wanted the most: her mother. So she did anything to gain power for her expirements.

Kind of, but it is quite possible that it could have been a lot worse if she had not. Also, I don't get how she was trying to 'gain power for her experiments', I don't think there's any instance of her trying to gain power for anything, besides creating the religion and somewhat affecting the laws of the land.

Maid_of_Ice posted...
Edelgard was a product of this, and lost so much because of Rhea’s politics and religion. Her siblings, her lifespan, etc. So she wants to alter history through war instead of “rewriting history” like Rhea did.

Again, kind of but not really. The ones who experimented on Edelgard were TWSitD. It wasn't intentional on Rhea's part. Also, altering history?

Maid_of_Ice posted...

Rhea and Edelgard are such excellent foils to each other in this sense. They both lose so much and want to make things right in their own ways. Granted, Rhea’s was more selfish, but I digress. Rhea lost things in war, Edelgard wants to fix things through war. They both do f***ed things and have their reasonings. Anyone who thinks that any of them are pure evil have an implicit bias for a side. Most people in this game is morally grey except for the obvious Slither.

Nah, I think they're are both quite selfish, Rhea at least realises this and admits that what she did was wrong.
Maid_of_Ice posted...

Byleth and and many others say otherwise. Byleth is only bad in CF, in the other routes is as white as they come, a true hero. And that's whitout mention Annette, Mercedes and the like, who are also clearly on the white side of the spectrum.
"Righteousness is like a good sword... just keep it pointed in the right direction."
FC: 3926-8239-0430

User Info: LordSeymour77

LordSeymour77
4 days ago#160
DiogoShadowJorg posted...
bad in CF

No, he isn't. Again, he's the Enkidu to Edelgard's Gilgamesh.
If you want PC games outside of the tyranny of Steam, please try Jast USA and MangaGamer.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. To those who hate Rhea / think Edelgard is right... (spoilers)
  • Post New Message