• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Can We Stop Acting Like this Game Presents a Morally Gray Story Yet?(spoilers)

User Info: lowell666

lowell666
1 week ago#11
TrustyPeaches posted...
I think the "moral grayness" people are referring to is developing a cast of likable characters and forcing the player to kill them in act 2.

The game places heavy emphasis on the horrors of war and the heavy emotional toll it takes, especially when fighting against people you know.

This isn't really moral ambiguity but I get the sense that's what people are talking about when they talk about the complex emotions and doubt the story instilled.

That’s kinda undercut by you being able to recruit nearly everyone else though.

You having to kill the other students feels more a punishment for not getting your stats high enough in time. The only one’s you REALLY have to kill is Edelgard, Dimitri, Hubert, and Dedue
Part of the flat Earth society. We have members all around the world

User Info: lowell666

lowell666
1 week ago#12
katella posted...
BloodMoon7 posted...
That's like...3 full posts ma dude. You ok?

It’s a lot of effort for a supposed straightforward good vs evil plot.

The point of my posts was to explain WHY it’s a straightforward good vs evil plot as opposed to a “grey vs grey” one by breaking down both the story and critical characters. Simply saying something without explaining my reasoning would make my argument hollow.

What does the number of my post have to do with anything? It’s not even like I wrote a lot. This is like, maybe a page in Word.
Part of the flat Earth society. We have members all around the world

User Info: BloodMoon7

BloodMoon7
1 week ago#13
Yeah but that's like full 7 volumes and an accompanying art book in Gamefaqs. This is just a gaming forum....
Fire Emblem Three Mounteds
The Black Peaglesus, The Blue Stallions and the Golden Wyvern Rideers... Which mount will you choose? Fire Emblem Three Horses.

User Info: Walshin

Walshin
1 week ago#14
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1qju6V1jLM

User Info: Zeveria

Zeveria
1 week ago#15
So...unless the houses are all equally grey, they're not grey at all and it's completely black and white? So how do we judge how grey they are? Based on the equality of support between the three of them?
TP > OoT = MM > ST = SS = tWW > TFH > ALBW = PH > BOTW = MC > OoA > OoS > LA > FSA > FS > LoZ > AoL >>> aLttP

User Info: katella

katella
1 week ago#16
lowell666 posted...
katella posted...
If it was straightforward like you say, there wouldn’t be as much controversy or an Edelgard or Rhea thread every day.

This is the most effort this fanbase has placed in the plot(with the obvious exclusion of people’s distaste with Fates) in a relatively serious light.

You can have a bunch of people in a room being wrong

<insert obvious political joke here>

The point I’m trying to make is that there is a whole lot of controversy when there really shouldn’t be.

So basically “everyone is wrong and I am right” is the mentality here. Furthermore, your opinion is just as valuable as anyone else’s here. Alas, it is nothing more than an opinion that won’t change the overall consensus and it would be naive to think otherwise after all this time.

User Info: katella

katella
1 week ago#17
lowell666 posted...
katella posted...
BloodMoon7 posted...
That's like...3 full posts ma dude. You ok?

It’s a lot of effort for a supposed straightforward good vs evil plot.

The point of my posts was to explain WHY it’s a straightforward good vs evil plot as opposed to a “grey vs grey” one by breaking down both the story and critical characters. Simply saying something without explaining my reasoning would make my argument hollow.

What does the number of my post have to do with anything? It’s not even like I wrote a lot. This is like, maybe a page in Word.

What size font? 2.5 full posts must have taken a lot of effort for simple video game discussions. Would you like to do my homework for me as well?

User Info: TrustyPeaches

TrustyPeaches
1 week ago#18
lowell666 posted...
TrustyPeaches posted...
I think the "moral grayness" people are referring to is developing a cast of likable characters and forcing the player to kill them in act 2.

The game places heavy emphasis on the horrors of war and the heavy emotional toll it takes, especially when fighting against people you know.

This isn't really moral ambiguity but I get the sense that's what people are talking about when they talk about the complex emotions and doubt the story instilled.

That’s kinda undercut by you being able to recruit nearly everyone else though.

You having to kill the other students feels more a punishment for not getting your stats high enough in time. The only one’s you REALLY have to kill is Edelgard, Dimitri, Hubert, and Dedue

Recruiting everyone before the time skip is technically possible but I'd guess barely anyone did it it their first time through the game.

Most people probably just recruited a handful of students they thought were cool from other houses and then the freebies the game gives you like the Seiros faculty. Then in Act 2 they faced all the students they didn't recruit and felt like s***.
"I hate this site but I also can't look away from it. It's like a trainwreck that just keeps perpetually happening every day."
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: AlexGamer

AlexGamer
1 week ago#19
You got no complains from me, I never though this to be a gray story despite the fans actually wanting it to be one
"Evil will always triumph because good is dumb"

User Info: ponyseizures

ponyseizures
1 week ago#20
https://gamefaqs1.cbsistatic.com/user_image/2/2/9/AAZTd0AAAADl.jpg
TC is right, though. Edelgard is written in a very flawed and hypocritical fashion, which I doubt is what IS was going for.
4124-4997-6171
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Can We Stop Acting Like this Game Presents a Morally Gray Story Yet?(spoilers)
  • Topic Closed