• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. What did Feral Dimitri do? That's comparable to Rhea or Edelgard?

User Info: Migrad

Migrad
1 week ago#21
oh and probably killing the bandit children? since he killed their father then they tried to exact revenge :(
its hard being a children of bandit especially a dead one

User Info: uberking422

uberking422
1 week ago#22
bookwormbabe29 posted...
The above scene is not the same scene as that A support for one thing, so there's no reason to think the two are connected in my mind. He mentions killing nobles and commoners here too, and that would not apply to the bandit kids he kills in that support conversation. Dimitri just kills. Felix warns you of this even pre-time skip, but people still defend him. You can make all the excuses you like, but he literally says I killed children. Even if they were armed, even if they attack first, you killed children. You can't tell me Dimitri HAD to kill those kids. He could have run, or disarmed them, or going by mechanics he could have literally sat there and taken 0 damage. He wasn't in danger then, or at any of the other times he mentions doing horrible deeds. "Self defense' only goes so far, and killing children who don't stand a chance to kill you? That doesn't justify it, not in my eyes at least.
Did you even pay attention to his character? His whole hangup through both parts is his abhorrence of killing regardless of context, including thieves and militia. And he had to spend five years fighting his way out of a country where he was wrongfully wanted for regicide in the middle of a f***ing continent-wide war, while basically being a hobo.

User Info: Juliansol

Juliansol
1 week ago#23
Mxylbobator posted...
Whenever people mention this, they leave out the fact that Dimitri mentions it in his A support with Byleth as well, where the children were literally out to kill him because he (and the church) killed their parents (who were thieves). Also, you leave out the likelihood that civilians were out to kill him as well (such as, you know, those of the Imperial army).
Also the fact the continent has a child soldier problem.

User Info: HayashiTakara

HayashiTakara
1 week ago#24
Juliansol posted...
Mxylbobator posted...
Whenever people mention this, they leave out the fact that Dimitri mentions it in his A support with Byleth as well, where the children were literally out to kill him because he (and the church) killed their parents (who were thieves). Also, you leave out the likelihood that civilians were out to kill him as well (such as, you know, those of the Imperial army).
Also the fact the continent has a child soldier problem.

but no one has any issues having Lysithea and Cyril killing people in their own army lol
NNID: HTakara82 - Add me if you're looking for a good time, lol
NS FC: SW-6233-5661-0820
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Stepdog

Stepdog
1 week ago#25
Not a lot. He straight up loves killing folks. He abandons his country leaving half his people in the hands of a Slitherer. In two trips through BL I don’t remember any thing about killing innocents.

The biggest thing that keeps him below Claude for me is that Dimitri kills people because he hears voices and they tell him to kill. Even after he gets “better” he still hears the voices and says he thinks he always will.

User Info: Shire_Bound

Shire_Bound
1 week ago#26
People use that quote to say Dimitri ran around for 5 years gleefully murdering everyone. They forget that when Dimitri was about 15 years old, he put down a rebellion. That you as Byleth can put Cyril and Lysethia (don't tell her I put her in this group) on the battlefield and turn them into murder machines (well, Lysethia at least) .

There's a good chance everyone in your army on all sides have killed nobles, commoners, and children.

Dimitri hates himself. If he really ran around killing kids for kicks and giggles - or even by accident out of sheer PTSD-induced instant-reaction after being attacked by so many imperial soldiers - he'd NEVER fail to mention it or beat himself up over it.

The game would not let you forget. Unlike some other characters, Dimitri's bad actions are put right in the player's face. If he did something as horrible as murder kids and commoners picking berries, we'd know about it since this game never tries to white-wash or hand-wave Dimitri's actions.
All hail King Dimitri.

Juliansol
1 week ago#27

Hayas***akara posted...
but no one has any issues having Lysithea and Cyril killing people in their own army lol
Sothis did have a problem. The story drops that out of Azure Moon though.

Juliansol
1 week ago#28
Shire_Bound posted...
People use that quote to say Dimitri ran around for 5 years gleefully murdering everyone. They forget that when Dimitri was about 15 years old, he put down a rebellion. That you as Byleth can put Cyril and Lysethia (don't tell her I put her in this group) on the battlefield and turn them into murder machines (well, Lysethia at least) .

There's a good chance everyone in your army on all sides have killed nobles, commoners, and children.

Dimitri hates himself. If he really ran around killing kids for kicks and giggles - or even by accident out of sheer PTSD-induced instant-reaction after being attacked by so many imperial soldiers - he'd NEVER fail to mention it or beat himself up over it.

The game would not let you forget. Unlike some other characters, Dimitri's bad actions are put right in the player's face. If he did something as horrible as murder kids and commoners picking berries, we'd know about it since this game never tries to white-wash or hand-wave Dimitri's actions.
He spent a year in prison. Yeah there's nothing to suggest he went around killing defensless children. Everyone in the games probably murdered kids in the war as well.
(edited 1 week ago)
You're free to defend your favorite child murdered all you want. You asked what he did wrong. I posted he killed kids, and posted pics. If killing kids is ok with you, that's your problem. For me, that's a deal breaker.

As to being naive? Get over yourself, kid. You're out of league here.
3DS Friend Code: 0920-2538-1864
Pokemon Sun IGN: Kala

User Info: rukn

rukn
1 week ago#30
Dimitri murders people in a crap state of mind to satisfy the ghosts in his head. He was torture happy for half a decade. He suicide runs his family and friends into imperial troops. And he has like no justification no rationale, he just indulges his sadism. Dude has been born with super powers, and once he decides you are bad he can do whatever the hell he wants to your body, no justification necessary, because he is such an entitled brat.

He does nothing that would recommend him to leadership but you are basically going ‘I like this man on a personal level he deserves to be king’, he eats up everything in his story, everyone’s story is less important than his. He hasn’t suffered anymore than Dedue or Edelgard but the story seems to insist that his reaction is somehow acceptable because the dude started seeing dead people. Felix’s dad’s death becomes all about his reaction to it, the event of Duscur becomes all about how he lost people the story doesn’t particularly care abt exploring the punishment.

With Edelgard you have to argue whether her rationale for going to war was right or wrong , with Dimitri his only rationale is ‘Edelgard bad’ hell even by the end it seems his philosophy is just ‘not Edelgard’ because otherwise he sees nothing wrong in taking over the entire continent and imposing his ideals on people. He is basically one of those annoying fantasy types who barely face consequences, have no obvious political skills or vision, but ‘deserve’ a throne.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. What did Feral Dimitri do? That's comparable to Rhea or Edelgard?
  • Post New Message