• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. "Three Houses allows for multiple, equally valid view points"

User Info: LordSeymour77

LordSeymour77
1 week ago#21
Shire_Bound posted...
You know nothing about who they were, what they went through, and what they've been through prior to that and are making baseless assumptions about strangers and belittling someone involved in a tragedy.

Oh, the news report said that he was raised super religiously, so there's your answer.
If you want PC games outside of the tyranny of Steam, please try Jast USA and MangaGamer.
LordSeymour77 posted...
TalesOfXAndY posted...
Claude is the worst leader to pick

Not worst, just pointless, as the Alliance collapses no matter what.
DiogoShadowJorg posted...
I would sooner support religion than support totaliarism.

The only thing worse than a dictatorship is a theocratic dictatorship. As for Edelgard's view that if you need religion then you are weak... While I'm not sure where the line is, but a real life example is when someone watched Evangelion and ended up committing suicide as a result. Such a person is too weak for this world and deserves no pity.

And that's why she's wrong. One can draw tremendous strength from religion, religions can help someone draw strength they didn't know they had in the first place. Just like one can draw strength from love or friendship.

Strength has many forms, and Edelgard only sees superficial strength.
"Righteousness is like a good sword... just keep it pointed in the right direction."
FC: 3926-8239-0430
(edited 1 week ago)

LordSeymour77
1 week ago#23
religions can help someone draw strength they didn't know they had in the first place

Well, it certainly makes people feel like they are strong, but that's like saying that a drunk feels that he is stronger than a sober person.
superficial

I think that you mean tangible. It's religious "strength" that's superficial. Moses felt that he was strong when he started talking to shrubberies. Amakusa and Hong Xiuquan realized the hard way that such strength is superficial because far eastern sovereigns have much less patience for that kind of bulls*** than middle eastern ones. Also, neither of them were related to the current ruler at the time. Like I keep saying, Moses deludes himself that his victory was because of Yahweh, but it was because of Ramses's mercy that he survived.
If you want PC games outside of the tyranny of Steam, please try Jast USA and MangaGamer.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: rukn

rukn
1 week ago#24
Claude is presented as the perfect prince, and I like him a lot, but I just agree with Edelgard’s approach when it comes to transforming Fodlan.

LordSeymour77
1 week ago#25
rukn posted...
Claude is presented as the perfect prince, and I like him a lot

Maybe, but he has no interest in maintaining the Alliance. Fodlan is united by either the Holy Kingdom, a Unified Kingdom, the Empire, or whatever Silver Snow does, but I didn't do that route yet. Never an "Alliance".

User Info: jloweis

jloweis
1 week ago#26
LordSeymour77 posted...
religions can help someone draw strength they didn't know they had in the first place

Well, it certainly makes people feel like they are strong, but that's like saying that a drunk feels that he is stronger than a sober person.
superficial

I think that you mean tangible. It's religious "strength" that's superficial. Moses felt that he was strong when he started talking to shrubberies. Amakusa and Hong Xiuquan realized the hard way that such strength is superficial because far eastern sovereigns have much less patience for that kind of bulls*** than middle eastern ones. Also, neither of them were related to the current ruler at the time. Like I keep saying, Moses deludes himself that his victory was because of Yahweh, but it was because of Ramses's mercy that he survived.

Yeah, can we not do this again? Please, religious arguments are so ugly on game forums.
"And if you think I'm wrong, think again, because it is, in fact, my opinion."

LordSeymour77
1 week ago#27
I'll stop when they do, but people tend to hide behind their religion. I'm just not merciful enough to let them do so.

jloweis
1 week ago#28
LordSeymour77 posted...
I'll stop when they do, but people tend to hide behind their religion. I'm just not merciful enough to let them do so.

Pretty sure the guy you're arguing with is an athiest. And he isn't hiding behind anything.

User Info: superxgaga

superxgaga
1 week ago#29
jloweis posted...
Pretty sure the guy you're arguing with is an athiest. And he isn't hiding behind anything.
It's the internet, everyone is hiding.
El, my dear, in order to prove that you are right, you must become stronger than anyone else.
More speed-wings and energy drops, m'Lady?

jloweis
1 week ago#30
superxgaga posted...
jloweis posted...
It's the internet, everyone is hiding.

You're right, I meant he wasn't hiding behind anything in terms of religion.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. "Three Houses allows for multiple, equally valid view points"
  • Post New Message