• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. NG+ Golden Deer Maddening Questions

User Info: Luke_Fabre

Luke_Fabre
3 weeks ago#1
I've just finished all 3 routes and am almost finished the 4th church route within the game and want to tackle the challenging difficulty of this game with management and minimal frustrations/resetting.

Is M or F Byleth better for maddening? M has access to quick riposte but F has access to Darting Blow and early Flier Pegasus Knight both from Renown. Will be either Wyvern Lord or Falcon Knight depending on gender.

For the party was considering:

Claude: Sniper-> Barbossa
Lysithea: Gremory
Leonie: Bow Knight
Hilda: Wyvern Lord
Petra: Wyvern Lord
Ingrid: Falcon Knight
Linhardt: Bishop
Dorothea: Dancer
Ferdinand: Great Knight

General strategy is to use Ferdinand for Def tanking or Ingrid for Res tanking if it's not a chapter you'd have to rush. Would have used Felix over Hilda as well but I didn't want to make the dreaded chapter 13 hell for myself on classic.
3DS FC: 3969-6394-7617

User Info: darkknight39

darkknight39
3 weeks ago#2
Make Ferdinand a dodge tank instead of def tank. Ferdinand personal helps him reach a point where even assassins struggle to hit him.

QR comes so late that if you want it id reccomend Byleth to learn it in a previous playthrough.
"you cannot let yourself be held back by common sense " -Sanae Kochiya

User Info: CyclonSilver

CyclonSilver
3 weeks ago#3
In the context of NG+ with buyable QR I'd say M Byleth is actually better. Depends if you want easy access to the Lance of Ruin.

If you're going for Dorothea as a dancer for hit bonuses through meteor, keep in mind that she needs to have supports with the characters for it to give more than +3 hit; she doesn't with most of the Deer.
Satisfaction = Quality - Expectations + Tolerance
If Satisfaction > 0, Enjoyment = (Satisfaction + Expectations) / Hours spent on Gamefaqs

Luke_Fabre
3 weeks ago#4
Alright thanks. I will master Warmaster in a playthrough save for all male characters next so that they can get QR to help and have a remedy in case they get speed screwed.

Guess that means Ferdinand should also go Wyvern Lord as well for the alert stance for the extra avoid along with a +20 avo battalion and evade ring.

Just realized 6/10 of my team can support with Dancer Dorothea for the Meteor. The remaining Deer members don't. Replacing Hilda and Leonie with Sylvain and Felix would be the best bet and going Blue Lions instead. Perhaps on another playthrough. I want to do GD first since it was the first house I've chosen.

User Info: DN1501

DN1501
3 weeks ago#5
As much as I love Dancer Dorothea she's better off in Warlock or Gremory, her spell list is way too good to not take advantage of : Meteor, Thorn, Physic. Ideally you should make a completely useless unit like Raphael, Caspar or Ashe dancers since they most likely won't be doing anything besides dancing.

I ran Great Knight Ferdie on my maddening GD playthrough and honestly he's much worse at soaking damage than the Avo stacking dodgetank flying units like Petra and Ingrid, even a horde of Arches could cause serious trouble to him because lolPoison Strike, make him a Wyvern Lord instead to take advantage of avo+10 and alert stance+.

Also if you're playing NG+, abuse Green House for stat boosters as soon as you get the Merchants that sell the seeds (Pale Blue Flower Seeds gives Spd item, Yellow Flower Seeds give Mag item and Purple Flower Seeds gives Str item) 5x seeds of the same type + Pegasus Blessings should give you a high chance of getting these stat boosters. Feed all the Mag items to Lysithea and Str/Spd items to your Byleth/Flying/Bow unit, by doing is you'll always get at least 2-3 powerhouses on your team. Also buy all the best baits, take advantage of fishing days to get the Bullhead fish (+1 spd when cooked) and cook them whenever you explore the Monastery.

Luke_Fabre
3 weeks ago#6
It was either Dorothea or Flayn whom I was going to make a Dancer due to either Meteor/Physic Support or Rescue Shenanigans. Lysithea's already my primary mage and Linhardt can also Physic on top of warp shenanigans.

Doesn't the Green house only give 1 stat booster per session? Don't think that is efficient over doing Auxilary Battles that I'm planning to do with A+ Prof rank especially with the dlc map.

Also I heard that both Female and Male Byleth's gender locked class' skills are unlocked permanently regardless of gender if you do unlock them in different playthrough? So you can have F Byleth have both Darting Blow and Quick Riposte on your third playthrough and so forth for instance if you mastered Pegasus Knight and War Master on your first and second playthrough? If that's the case, F Byleth would flat out win for a first time Maddening playthrough.

User Info: DN1501

DN1501
3 weeks ago#7
Luke_Fabre posted...
It was either Dorothea or Flayn whom I was going to make a Dancer due to either Meteor/Physic Support or Rescue Shenanigans. Lysithea's already my primary mage and Linhardt can also Physic on top of warp shenanigans.

Doesn't the Green house only give 1 stat booster per session? Don't think that is efficient over doing Auxilary Battles that I'm planning to do with A+ Prof rank especially with the dlc map.

Also I heard that both Female and Male Byleth's gender locked class' skills are unlocked permanently regardless of gender if you do unlock them in different playthrough? So you can have F Byleth have both Darting Blow and Quick Riposte on your third playthrough and so forth for instance if you mastered Pegasus Knight and War Master on your first and second playthrough? If that's the case, F Byleth would flat out win for a first time Maddening playthrough.

Having additional mages is never a bad idea considering that maddening mode is extremely player phase oriented.

Make Flayn a dancer, double Rescue cast is nice and all but she's not going to contribute anything meaningful once she runs out of Rescue uses. Her Reason spell list is absolute trash before A rank unless you don't mind investing 5000 reown from E to A for Excalibur so she can compete combat experience, and even then the only thing that she can reliably OHKO are Wyverns. Also positioning her to get healing exp is a chore because no Physic and 4 move. So dancing is the only reliable way for her to gain levels.

Doesn't DLC Aux battles enemies drop random stat booster? Can you savescum it until you see Rocky Burdock, Speed Carrot and Premium Magic Herbs? If not then explore the monastery at least once a month to get the important stat boosters (+Str Spd Mag) and cooking effect for your unit. + 2 on Important stats is still better than getting 3 random stat boosters

You need M!Byleth to get QR, you can't use reown to buy a class mastery skill without having access to said class.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. NG+ Golden Deer Maddening Questions
  • Topic Archived