• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: HermelinHero

HermelinHero
3 weeks ago#1
I was originally going to build an dodge tank Petra using Dancer but so far she really doesnt need the extra avoid.

So I'm wondering is it worth it to actually use a Dancer or should I go with my original plan of using its skill on Petra and that's it?

User Info: A-Omega16

A-Omega16
3 weeks ago#2
Tbh I've never seen the use for a dancer in any play through, you should be able to get on just fine without one tbh
"You might as well give up"
Some advice from the best girl Hilda

User Info: Lil_Puddin

Lil_Puddin
3 weeks ago#3
Only use an avoid tank type for Dancer imo. Dancers in general are meh.

Give Dancer to Petra anyway. You can always flipflop.

Of course, using Dancer for Dorthea is OK too if the idea is to have a Swiss Army Knife type of character. Her high Charm also makes OK use of Dancer's special art.
Yes. I am actually pudding. Feel free to add me on:
Overwatch PC: LilPuddin#11310 or Fire Emblem Heroes: 256-9201-346

User Info: Charged151

Charged151
3 weeks ago#4
Dancer Dorothea who keeps meteor equipped but doesn't use it provides passive hit/avoid on player phase. I would definitely recommend her on this difficulty.
"When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say."
-George R.R. Martin

User Info: 123pizza2

123pizza2
3 weeks ago#5
Having Sword avoid +20 was pretty invaluable for my petra on my first maddening run. I also loaded up her charm to make it easier for her to avoid Gambits/make sword dance stronger.

I'm in the camp that doesn't really use dancers that often since I play so defensively so I can say maddening is certainly doable without one.
GT:Linkman6

User Info: superxgaga

superxgaga
3 weeks ago#6
Dancer Edelgard
El, give me your blessing! Kingdom, Alliance, Church? I'll kill em all! When I do, you are no longer Kotei-sama, You will be known as Edelgard Megami-Sama!!

User Info: MartinAW4

MartinAW4
3 weeks ago#7
Dancer is the most powerful class, it far outclasses the benefit of adding Sword Avoid +20 to one offensive unit.

But instead of making one of your mages a Dancer, I recommend recruiting one of the 60% Speed growth girls and turning her into Dancer.
Dancers are great users of the Experience Gem. Even if you use a freshly recruited unit who starts underleveled, it will quickly catch up and surpass all of your other units' level.

Even with E Authority, you can give it the Jeralt's Mercenaries Battalion for +15 Avo. Instruct them in Sword and Riding to max their avoid and get Movement +1.

With the 60% growth trio (Ingrid, Leonie, Petra) you will quickly become almost impossible to hit. The best one is Ingrid with a proficiency in both Swords and Riding, good defenses on both sides, highest Mag growth and learns Physic.

Of course prioritize the one you haven't trained yet or the one you can recruit sooner. I did not manage to recruit Ingrid in time, so I went with Leonie who quickly became my fastest, most evasive unit and even had the highest defense as a Dancer. So she could not only refresh my units but also bait out and tank a hit even from most bosses on late game Maddening, should they get lucky and land one.

User Info: FelurFalas

FelurFalas
3 weeks ago#8
I made my Ingrid into a dancer, and it worked out great. Now she is a dodging goddess on a flying pony.
Yorokobi No Ito Wa Canon Tsumugidasu
The Thread of Happiness is Weaved by a Canon

User Info: NeonDragon9000

NeonDragon9000
3 weeks ago#9
Marianne the reluctant dancer.
nd9k: everything i post is terrible

User Info: stolz17

stolz17
3 weeks ago#10
HermelinHero posted...
I was originally going to build an dodge tank Petra using Dancer but so far she really doesnt need the extra avoid.

So I'm wondering is it worth it to actually use a Dancer or should I go with my original plan of using its skill on Petra and that's it?

On my maddening run I leveled Dorothea down the warlock path then picked up dancer gave her the wall gambit and leveled faith enough for psychic. Now she’s a solid nuker who can also heal when needed, dance, and buff characters to be invincible several times a fight. one of my better units as she provides a lot of versatility.
  • Topic Archived