• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. How I think they could have improved Rhea

User Info: Total_Panda

Total_Panda
1 month ago#41
Best way to improve Rhea? Kill her faster.
Undertale was a bad game.

User Info: Ness0123456789

Ness0123456789
1 month ago#42
Rhea's literally a slightly less evil Lucavi (Hasmael to be precise) from War of the Lions.

I'm actually surprised she wasn't used as the primary antagonist for every route, given that she's borderline psychotic, controls an entire country through lies and deciept, has zero tolerance for anyone who attempts to undo her false hoods and lies under the pretense of "oh but it's for the greater good", and has absolutely no idea of what her mother actually wants.

Nothing she does is redeemable or excusable. All through part 1 the game paints a very clear picture that she's not to be trusted.

I agree she could have been improved simply by making her serve as the principle antagonist for all three routes, rather than trying to give each route it's own villain, which in turn undermines the development of Rhea's antagonistic side from the Part 1.
Each person might see a rose with a different shade of red, but the fact that we can all agree on is beauty -- that is a miracle.
-Michea, FFXI

User Info: SchlagerGeist

SchlagerGeist
1 month ago#43
SSJGPiccles posted...
SchlagerGeist posted...

@SSJGPiccles

I am aware that CF isn't the best representation of her but I'm referencing it because it does change how I think about her. In that vein, I'm not a big fan of a character who's only nice when things go her way. All I'm saying is, I would like her more if she were a more reasonable character.
Except that context is important. It's not the fact that things don't go her way.

The other Three Routes have Byleth fail to become Sothis, the church destroyed, and she gets captured and tortured for five years, but she's fine. Things sure as hell don't go her way.

Crimson Flower has Rhea essentially relive the worst day of her life a second time and it breaks her. Then it only gets worse for her from there as does her mental state. She becomes a monster, but what did you expect to happen when you desecrated and destroyed everything she's ever cared for and built?

I will concede the first point to you, though my point still stands that her actions make her somewhat unsavory. That's like saying I should be in full support of Peri killing her servants because of her past. Understanding why someone does something doesn't mean agreeing with it. Even in other routes her motivations are suspect. The whole Lenato rebellion for instance. She didn't want them taken care of because they were a threat to the people she wanted them dead because they were a threat to her control. She explicitly stated she wanted to make examples out of them. The idea is that she wants to incite fear in the population to maintain control. Furthermore, when the students felt bad about killing the rebels she paints it as a bad thing. This is especially worrying in consideration of the blue lions route since they're basically killing their countrymen.

User Info: Loyreid

Loyreid
1 month ago#44
I don't see what makes you think that. The apostate and sinner talk, the obsession with mommy, the secrecy to the point where Seteth doesn't know what she's thinking. Heck if you pay attention to her confrontation with Nemesis at the beginning, she keeps her eyes solely focused on him while her army is falling around her and when she has him pinned all she mentions is the Red Canyon before going all "die, die, die!" It's all there.

User Info: jackfrost2016

jackfrost2016
4 weeks ago#45
I say Crimson Flower has a few low points when it comes to it's writing.

Rhea going bats*** crazy when Byleth hesitates to execute the student they've known and bonded with for a year who has just been revealed to have been involved with the evil people who killed their dad and did a lot of other evil s*** after a failed attempt to kill them, all her classmates, and Rhea.

No chapter or 2 dedicated to helping Edelgard destroy TWS before going to Fhirdiad.

Dedue and the White Beasts thing.

SS having the same final boss by virtue of the Route splitting off from the Black Eagle Route.

Thales should have had a chance to be a Final Boss.

I can't say I can hold Rhea's character or actions in that Route over her post time-skip actions in the other Routes. I should probably apply that logic to other characters.
I love people, but sometimes people can be just the worst.

User Info: VioletGekko

VioletGekko
4 weeks ago#46
superxgaga posted...
Poison-puffs posted...
Or just have Rhea come back at the timeskip
Wouldnt u just win if that happens, since she can solo half of imperial army on her own?

As oppose to any other routes? Heck Dimitri somehow win against a bunch of strong beasts only with some dudes on his own route. The empire needed only 3-5 beasts to subdue Rhea she isn't that powerful.

VioletGekko
4 weeks ago#47
Loyreid posted...
I don't see what makes you think that. The apostate and sinner talk, the obsession with mommy, the secrecy to the point where Seteth doesn't know what she's thinking. Heck if you pay attention to her confrontation with Nemesis at the beginning, she keeps her eyes solely focused on him while her army is falling around her and when she has him pinned all she mentions is the Red Canyon before going all "die, die, die!" It's all there.

Because killing the leader is a best way to end the battle easily. Hell even we did it back in the days. Admittedly she was vengeful in that but that doesn't downplay the important of killing Nemesis as soon as possible. Hell. No one in the field stand a chance against him except Rhea so yeah, if she doesn't focus on him the casualty would be much higher. And he wasn't the only one who wield relic weapons there. Use your brain.

User Info: Decapre

Decapre
4 weeks ago#48
The craziest thing is Edelgard directing her anger at the Church of Serios & not TWSID.
DON'T INTERFERE!
https://i.imgur.com/0CWj5nT.jpg

User Info: DOTBHDD

DOTBHDD
4 weeks ago#49
Decapre posted...
The craziest thing is Edelgard directing her anger at the Church of Serios & not TWSID.

Damn. This is absolutely facts.
Remember to attempt showing empathy online over sympathy and apathy. The internet can't solve your mental health issues.

VioletGekko
4 weeks ago#50
DOTBHDD posted...
Decapre posted...

Damn. This is absolutely facts.

It's s*** that you can't call her out in her own route it's so stupid.
I was always like "b****, do you even hear what you said?"
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. How I think they could have improved Rhea
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers