• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. How I think they could have improved Rhea

User Info: SirBob1137

SirBob1137
4 weeks ago#1
I think the reason I hate Rhea so much is because she seems so... flawless in all the routes besides Crimson Flower. Like, she did nothing wrong to deserve the hate El gives her. Then, in CF, she is made to be a total villain based on mostly lies or incomplete truths. So...

What if they made Rhea be a villain in her past, but have changed, or trying to change. Then, there would be a solid reason for picking either side.

User Info: rukn

rukn
4 weeks ago#2
I feel like you literally described what Rhea’s actual arc was like in the non-CF routes lol.

She tries to overwrite Byleth in every route, she is pretty corrupt (albeit for what she believes to be noble reasons) and pretty harsh in her approach to people.

User Info: Poison-puffs

Poison-puffs
4 weeks ago#3
I think she should have been playable and be able to support other characters so we could have learned more about her. Seteth and Flayn could have had some really good supports with her
Star Platinum OP please nerf - Dio Brando
Sheer Heart Attack has no weakness

User Info: Stepdog

Stepdog
4 weeks ago#4
She’s been ruling Fódlan by force, killing whoever she wants for 1,000+ years. Her made up an entire religion, rewrote history, lies about literally everything and does inhuman testing and attempts human sacrifice. How was she not already a villain in your mind?

User Info: DiogoShadowJorg

DiogoShadowJorg
4 weeks ago#5
rukn posted...
I feel like you literally described what Rhea’s actual arc was like in the non-CF routes lol.

She tries to overwrite Byleth in every route, she is pretty corrupt (albeit for what she believes to be noble reasons) and pretty harsh in her approach to people.

Except she never tries to force that overwrite in the first place. Harsh? She's nice to people who deserve her kinder side. Anyone facing her harsh side, deserves it for doing something wrong.

I have yet to see anything that paints her as corrupt. Even her desire to bring back her mother is painted in a mostly positive light, since she lets the other homunculi live their lives if they fail to become Sothis. Also, it was either that or die a stillborn in Byleth's case.

She’s been ruling Fódlan by force, killing whoever she wants for 1,000+ years. Her made up an entire religion, rewrote history, lies about literally everything and does inhuman testing and attempts human sacrifice. How was she not already a villain in your mind?

By force? The only force she employs is against those who directly threaten or steal from the church. Criminals must be punished.
"Righteousness is like a good sword... just keep it pointed in the right direction."
FC: 3926-8239-0430

User Info: rukn

rukn
4 weeks ago#6
DiogoShadowJorg posted...
Except she never tries to force that overwrite in the first place. Harsh? She's nice to people who deserve her kinder side. Anyone facing her harsh side, deserves it for doing something wrong.

I have yet to see anything that paints her as corrupt. Even her desire to bring back her mother is painted in a mostly positive light, since she lets the other homunculi live their lives if they fail to become Sothis. Also, it was either that or die a stillborn in Byleth's case.
There is a reason Sothis emphasises Byleth’s agency and the experiment fails. Rhea was going to overwrite him. She was treating Byleth like his life was a loan.

Corrupt because that is what you are when execute people on trumped up charges.

Harsh because she orders executions rather that bothering to go into details about why people were behaving the way they did.

User Info: Beepbeep

Beepbeep
4 weeks ago#7
Stepdog posted...
1.She never "killed whoever" she wanted.We literally see the only people she kills are nemesis,a known monster,and the western church,who attacked children and was willing to go to war with rhea due to dj thales.

2.Had she not lied,every crest bearer would essentially be murdered in their sleep or hung for the atrocity there ancestors committed(Dont Remember if she spared the other 10,or they were just killed off).

3.Her religion isn't exactly false as sothis does exist,and she has committed feats befitting the title of deity.

4.Her experiments were on herself,which would be self harm if anything,and each clone was allowed to live out their life if sothis wasn't resurrected.We know this because byleth wouldn't have existed otherwise(unless jeralt just banged rhea,but that's just weird)

5.Nothing suggested byleth would have been sacrificed at the altar.The worst that would have happened is him/her essentially becoming sothis(as in they just get to BE sothis).Unless you think seteth is suddenly on board for human sacrifice's,then thats on you.
[Insert funny and witty comment here]

User Info: The_Juice_

The_Juice_
4 weeks ago#8
Make her hips even bigger
Difference in men & women: http://i.imgur.com/kHCwK2p.jpg
Broncos l Raptors l Dodgers l Maple Leafs l UCLA

User Info: TalesOfXAndY

TalesOfXAndY
4 weeks ago#9
Rhea needed more screen time post skip. Just make her the lord of the Church route.
Hyped for: Persona 5: The Royal/Tales Of Arise

User Info: superxgaga

superxgaga
4 weeks ago#10
TalesOfXAndY posted...
Rhea needed more screen time post skip. Just make her the lord of the Church route.
For 1 chapter then u kill her?
El, give me your blessing! Kingdom, Alliance, Church? I'll kill em all! When I do, you are no longer Kotei-sama, You will be known as Edelgard Megami-Sama!!
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. How I think they could have improved Rhea
  • Topic Archived