• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Rhea and Edelgard succeed in every route

User Info: Lil_Puddin

Lil_Puddin
4 weeks ago#21
Total_Panda posted...
Mxylbobator posted...
rukn posted...
She performed unethical experiments

How so? Rhea created bodies, and when they were deemed failures, they were given a chance to live (with emotions). In Byleth's case, they were going to die, and this was the only way to save them.

rukn posted...
unification

I will never understand why this is seen as a good thing.

All those failures were potentially dead people if Rhea had actually gotten what she wanted. She wanted Sothis to take over one of the bodies, pretty much killing the previous owner.

The idea was for the empty shell to be a "baby Sothis" - the crest was their heart. Instead of killing the baby just to try all over again, she let it grow into it's own person. When they die, she removes their crest heart. That's the nicest way to handle that crazy scenario.

Apparently, the trick was to use a naturally born being and replace the heart. Something she was too "ethical" to try doing. It only happened because her created-child begged her to break that boundary to save her still-born. Resulting in a being that isn't Sothis, but was Sothis' medium with her power. Which didn't give Rhea her mother back, but accomplished the goal to combat abusive Crest-users and unite Fodlan.

Rhea does out-there stuff (lies, creates life from soul fragments, etc), but it's all for very benevolent reasons. It's just... The road to hell is paved with good intentions. She couldn't possibly know that preventing genocide of innocents would lead to Crest-borns would make a Crest-centric world while still being a super small minority.

Bringing back Sothis would essentially be an equalizer against those who abuse Crests. I'm sure it was also to see her mama again. It can be a good AND selfish reason (with little casualties). Just like how Edelgard had bad AND selfless reasons (with lotsa casualties). Ironically, they both want the same thing. The difference is Edelgard wanted it NOW and Rhea would be fine with trying go centuries as long as war never happens.
Yes. I am actually pudding. Feel free to add me on:
Overwatch PC: LilPuddin#11310 or Fire Emblem Heroes: 256-9201-346

User Info: SC6

SC6
4 weeks ago#22
saphirthereaper posted...
SC6 posted...
Mxylbobator posted...
I will never understand why this is seen as a good thing.

It makes you stronger against future threats.
Makes it easier to pass reforms.
Reduced conflicts (you don't usually fight against allies)
Better trades etc

The Roman Empire would like to disagree with you on your first and third point.

you're not wrong, but what you're saying does not support unification as a bad thing.
PSN - NovaSol6(PS3/VITA), GreenTea_Sama(PS4)
3DS FC: 0533-5134-4439
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Rhea and Edelgard succeed in every route
  • Topic Archived