• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. How do you use your speed wings and carrots on maddening?

User Info: borderinq

borderinq
4 weeks ago#1
Is it smarter to use them to amp up already speedy units like Ingrid, Petra, Felix, etc. so they can reliably double in the early game and then perhaps avoid being doubled in the late game, or is it smarter to help slower units along in the early game by giving them the boosters?

User Info: HayashiTakara

HayashiTakara
4 weeks ago#2
feed them to your fastest units. basically you want to push them to be able to double 50AS, or at the very least, stop from getting doubled.
NNID: HTakara82 - Add me if you're looking for a good time, lol
NS FC: SW-6233-5661-0820

User Info: FelurFalas

FelurFalas
4 weeks ago#3
It is always better to help faster units be faster than for slower units to catch up.

However, it is even better to focus your boosters on a few units, rather than spreading them out.

Throw all of that out of the window, though, if there is a unit that you just really like. Give everything to that unit. That unit must be the very best like no one ever was.
Yorokobi No Ito Wa Canon Tsumugidasu
The Thread of Happiness is Weaved by a Canon

User Info: superxgaga

superxgaga
4 weeks ago#4
FelurFalas posted...
Throw all of that out of the window, though, if there is a unit that you just really like. Give everything to that unit. That unit must be the very best like no one ever was.
Yass, Edelgard-sama deserves every booster, till she hits her fairly low speed cap 57 lmao
El, give me your blessing! Kingdom, Alliance, Church? I'll kill em all! When I do, you are no longer Kotei-sama, You will be known as Edelgard Megami-Sama!!

User Info: mariogamer

mariogamer
4 weeks ago#5
My leonie had like 65 spd by endgame w/ 153 avo with alert stance +. She was invincible most of the time, except against some mages who had shady hit rates (some maybe had 10% by endgame? I don't remember).

But yeah, if you want to make maddening easier, just focus on one unit and try to make sure your lord/byleth keeps up. At least on GD, I could get Claude/Byleth out at the cost of sacrificing a unit using stride on them. But that's probs not possible on BL/Church because of the design of the map, idk for CF.

I think I'll try to do a BL run without stat boosters, see how that turns out.
Lysithea best mage.

User Info: Fysher

Fysher
4 weeks ago#6
I keep it between two people usually, and Marianne is often one of those two people.
https://m.imgur.com/wzIGCC2

User Info: NeonDragon9000

NeonDragon9000
4 weeks ago#7
You generally want to make your fastest units even faster.

Whereas I try to give out strength boosters to units that are close to hitting those key weight-reducing increments (basically every fifth point). And I always give charm boosters to units with the lowest charm stats.
nd9k: everything i post is terrible

User Info: Charged151

Charged151
4 weeks ago#8
On BL I have been giving all speed items to Wyvern Lord Byleth and Falcon Knight Ingrid. Both have 40+ speed around Chapter 15.
"When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say."
-George R.R. Martin

User Info: borderinq

borderinq
4 weeks ago#9
FelurFalas posted...

Haha, this is what I do with Ingrid almost every run. She ends up invincible.

It seems like my instinct was right for maddening generally: focus on the already speedy ones. I will say though that in hard I found it more useful to boost even the slow units instead of focusing on the fast ones since the fast ones ime usually end up able to double anything with no help. Maybe I've just been really RNG blessed or something. But maddening and its inflated enemy stats is a different beast.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. How do you use your speed wings and carrots on maddening?
  • Topic Archived