• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Have you successfully completed a non NG+ Maddening run?

User Info: A-Omega16

A-Omega16
1 month ago#1
And if so which route did you do it with first? - Results (148 votes)
Yes, on the Black Eagles route
8.78% (13 votes)
Yes, on the Blue Lions route
13.51% (20 votes)
Yes, on the Golden Deer route
12.16% (18 votes)
Yes, on the Church route
4.05% (6 votes)
No, but Im working on completing my first one right now
36.49% (54 votes)
No, and I don't plan to anyways
25% (37 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Maddening has been out for around a month now, so thought I'd make a poll to see how many have completed this mode without NG+ yet and got that title screen. If there was a poll like this recently my bad, I haven't really been around this board regularly in a good 3 weeks or so.

Anyways rn I'm in the middle of my first non NG+ Maddening playthrough on the Golden Deer route, so I haven't completed one yet. But damn let me just say, at least from my personal experience, this mode has proven to be quite a challenge so far. I'm limiting myself to only GD characters to keep things more interesting. However, I'm also recruiting characters I get from just lvl recruitment like Shamir, Catherine etc. Has been fun so far but pretty damn frustrating at times. But I do feel a sense of actual accomplishment completing stages now lol.
"Hinokami Kagura! Dance!"

User Info: HayashiTakara

HayashiTakara
1 month ago#2
you totally stole my thread idea that I was saving till later, damn you! lol

but yes, Crimson Flower.
NNID: HTakara82 - Add me if you're looking for a good time, lol
NS FC: SW-6233-5661-0820

A-Omega16
1 month ago#3
Hayas***akara posted...

but yes, Crimson Flower.

@Hayas***akara Ah damn my bad then lmao. I just recently got back into playing the game hours a day again like I did when it first released and had been thinking about how I haven't been on here for a while and wondered how this community was doing with the new mode lol

User Info: Total_Panda

Total_Panda
1 month ago#4
Did a fresh BE maddening. It was stupid but not as bad as awakening lunatic+. 3/10.
Undertale was a bad game.

User Info: Lurkerkiller

Lurkerkiller
1 month ago#5
Where's the option of GD and BL?

A-Omega16
1 month ago#6
Lurkerkiller posted...

What? They are on there, the second and third choice lol

User Info: HayashiTakara

HayashiTakara
1 month ago#7
A-Omega16 posted...
Hayas***akara posted...

but yes, Crimson Flower.

@Hayas***akara Ah damn my bad then lmao. I just recently got back into playing the game hours a day again like I did when it first released and had been thinking about how I haven't been on here for a while and wondered how this community was doing with the new mode lol

haha no biggy, i was just blown away that someone made the topic. I was going to title it "Did your Title screen got a "Golden Shower?" if yes, which path?"

It's not as bad as people make it out to be. It makes you smarter with class and unit selection. Classes that people called suck in easier modes like Fortress and Great Knights, but they're absolutely a powerful lynch pin in most situations. And Snipers > Bow Knight, due to hunters volley being absolutely necessary to ensure you take out enemies more efficiently.
NNID: HTakara82 - Add me if you're looking for a good time, lol
NS FC: SW-6233-5661-0820

User Info: D412kKn16h7

D412kKn16h7
1 month ago#8
Yep! Finished my Church route playthrough using the Faculty/Knight units. The reunion map was a real struggle since only Byleth, Setheth and Petra were any real use. My main team was the following:

Byleth: Required. Was a Swordmaster for most of the playthrough and was fast enough to double most units. Mostly damaged through 80% crits.
Seteth: Kept as a WL and only really killed with Swift Strikes. Could somewhat dodgetank with Alert Stance+ & Breaker.
Flayn: Unfortunately wasn't that great of a healer so I had to bring Mercedes along too. She was inferior Hanneman with a better personal skill.
Hanneman: One shotted most units and had sky high res too so minimal damage from mages. 2x Meteors was awesome.
Manuela: Went swordmaster then Mortal Savant for her white magic spells. Never really used her much as she couldn't damage much or even heal well. Silence was nice but rarely used.
Catherine: Swordmaster, played the same way as Byleth.
Shamir: Crit goddess. Didn't normally double but that's what Hunter's Volley is for. Killed most units with a single crit.
Cyril: Started really bad because I couldn't get him early to make use of Aptitude but ended up a slightly weaker, much faster Seteth by the end. Point Blank Volley was his primary means of killing. He was a godsend vs Pegasus Knights.
Alois: STAR OF THE PLAYTHROUGH. Gave him the super boots and plopped him in Fortress Knight. With his battalion and shield he reached enough Def that physical enemies did single digit damage. And then he got Quick Riposte and was basically unkillable by anything not magic. Pegasus Knight reinforcements? Just leave Alois there and they die attacking him. TINKS FOR DAYS.
FC: 1977-1447-4925

User Info: Lurkerkiller

Lurkerkiller
1 month ago#9
A-Omega16 posted...
Lurkerkiller posted...

What? They are on there, the second and third choice lol

I've beaten both, not just one of the two of them.

A-Omega16
1 month ago#10
Hayas***akara posted...
A-Omega16 posted...
Hayas***akara posted...

but yes, Crimson Flower.

haha no biggy, i was just blown away that someone made the topic. I was going to title it "Did your Title screen got a "Golden Shower?" if yes, which path?"

It's not as bad as people make it out to be. It makes you smarter with class and unit selection. Classes that people called suck in easier modes like Fortress and Great Knights, but they're absolutely a powerful lynch pin in most situations. And Snipers > Bow Knight, due to hunters volley being absolutely necessary to ensure you take out enemies more efficiently.

Well that definitely would've been a much more interesting title than mine lol

Yes for sure, I personally think its just leagues above Hard mode in terms of difficulty, well then again hard WAS fairly easy in itself...

I really wasn't expecting it to be this much more of a challenge but I'm glad it is. I have to do a lot more micromanaging, double checking of unit placement and just have more general awareness of everything I'm doing now. I do think I've had more slip-ups than intended so far tho lol

Class selection for your units are so much more important here too I agree. Tbh Archers are a godsend In this difficulty imo. Claude and Shamir put in so much work and I got bows on almost everyone.

In hard mode it could usually be as simple as putting a lanky unit upfront and catching them melt 3-4 enemies, but its completely flipped around in this mode, there is so much more damage output from enemies.

However as I get farther in it does tend to get a bit easier, very early game was kinda ridiculous, especially those Archers.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Have you successfully completed a non NG+ Maddening run?
  • Topic Archived