• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. C/D Positioning arts (i.e. Repositioning, Draw Back) are useful on Maddening

User Info: FreeFalco

FreeFalco
1 week ago#1
Positioning arts are good on Maddening - Results (118 votes)
Confirm
84.75% (100 votes)
Deny
15.25% (18 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Discuss

User Info: ArtiRock

ArtiRock
1 week ago#2
As if they weren't always good.
This is the duty of the Grim Angels.

User Info: FreeFalco

FreeFalco
1 week ago#3
ArtiRock posted...
As if they weren't always good.
I didn't play the game on Normal or Hard, but this board makes it sound like half the mechanics weren't needed since the game was so easy.

User Info: superxgaga

superxgaga
1 week ago#4
Reposition is the best, u can get catherine stuck in the forest in chapter 3 so she dont steal your kills.
El, give me your blessing! Kingdom, Alliance, Church? I'll kill em all! When I do, you are no longer Kotei-sama, You will be known as Edelgard Megami-Sama!!

User Info: HayashiTakara

HayashiTakara
1 week ago#5
positional skills are so damn good. realistically there's no reason to have 3 attack arts
NNID: HTakara82 - Add me if you're looking for a good time, lol
NS FC: SW-6233-5661-0820

User Info: FelurFalas

FelurFalas
1 week ago#6
If you were already good at unit positioning, you do not need them at all since they would be redundant.

I mainly only use repositioning arts early on when I really need to get rid of a unit, but the only unit capable of making the kill is slightly out of range. Repositioning would help with that. However, this rarely happens and becomes a non-issue as the game progress. For me, they are great for the one occasion I need them, but useless otherwise. I generally dump them as soon I get better combat arts (if available), and never have a problem with positioning.
Yorokobi No Ito Wa Canon Tsumugidasu
The Thread of Happiness is Weaved by a Canon

ArtiRock
1 week ago#7
FelurFalas posted...
If you were already good at unit positioning, you do not need them at all since they would be redundant.

No. Not at all.

User Info: FelurFalas

FelurFalas
1 week ago#8
ArtiRock posted...
No. Not at all.
I mean, outside of some specific circumstances, instead of letting a unit spend its turn repositioning another unit, why not find a way to make use of that unit such that you do not have to reposition at all?
Yorokobi No Ito Wa Canon Tsumugidasu
The Thread of Happiness is Weaved by a Canon

ArtiRock
1 week ago#9
FelurFalas posted...
ArtiRock posted...
No. Not at all.
I mean, outside of some specific circumstances, instead of letting a unit spend its turn repositioning another unit, why not find a way to make use of that unit such that you do not have to reposition at all?

Because you can net movement with some of them? That's why. May as well say "if you're good at positioning in GBA fire emblem you wouldn't use rescue."

User Info: Walshin

Walshin
1 week ago#10
FelurFalas posted...
ArtiRock posted...
No. Not at all.

Because the optimal usage of those arts isn't to adjust your position. It is to extend the movement range beyond what was initially possible. So you use those arts in order to save a turn of movement.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. C/D Positioning arts (i.e. Repositioning, Draw Back) are useful on Maddening
  • Topic Archived