• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Does Dimitri's conclusion about the Flame Emperor make sense?

User Info: FaroresWinds

FaroresWinds
1 week ago#1
So, I was wondering about Dimitri's conclusion that the Flame Emperor (AKA Edelgard) being responsible for Duscur make sense? I felt like it did but now I'm unsure. He even overheard FE say that there is no salivation for Thales and his kind, and for those responsible for Duscur and Enbarr. IDK, I'm unsure now... Unless he did not actually overhear that? The game doesn't seem to support that though... Sigh, IDK. Sometimes the writing of this game feels pretty... unfortunate.

User Info: Total_Panda

Total_Panda
1 week ago#2
The man talks to ghosts, nothing he thinks makes sense. He should be in an institution.
Undertale was a bad game.

User Info: rukn

rukn
1 week ago#3
No Edelgard is an uncrowned 13 year old at the time with zero power. Dimitri likely knows about the uprising of the seven, not the specific details but it’s a well known event, but blames her anyway. He is not in the right frame of mind in that moment and eventually develops out of it.

User Info: superxgaga

superxgaga
1 week ago#4
Thales said the Flame emperor benefited from duscur, and she went quiet. He heard it.
Also in CF end of chapter 17, Edelgard herself said it's all part of her uncle's plan to make Dimitri believe that she is behind everything thus causing his vendetta and fixation on Edelgard.
El, give me your blessing! Kingdom, Alliance, Church? I'll kill em all! When I do, you are no longer Kotei-sama, You will be known as Edelgard Megami-Sama!!

User Info: TalesOfXAndY

TalesOfXAndY
1 week ago#5
From his and other's persepctive, the FE can be tied to many of the bad things in act 1 (you see them ordering Death Knight who kidnaps Flayn and fights you when Remire is being ruined, you see them admit to working with Solon who is responsible for Remire and nearly kills Byleth and his students and finally, you see the FE attempt to rob a grave while threatening to kill those who resist which includes Dimitri).

Combine the above with his mental issues, the fact the FE is working with people who confirm their involvement in the Tragedy Of Duscur, the FE defends themself poorly when asked about their actions (+ Dimitri has no idea what their motives are) AND the FE is his stepsister then it's unsurprising he comes to the conclusion he does.
Hyped for: Persona 5: The Royal/Tales Of Arise

FaroresWinds
1 week ago#6
TalesOfXAndY posted...
From his and other's persepctive, the FE can be tied to many of the bad things in act 1 (you see them ordering Death Knight who kidnaps Flayn and fights you when Remire is being ruined, you see them admit to working with Solon who is responsible for Remire and nearly kills Byleth and his students and finally, you see the FE attempt to rob a grave while threatening to kill those who resist which includes Dimitri).

Combine the above with his mental issues, the fact the FE is working with people who confirm their involvement in the Tragedy Of Duscur, the FE defends themself poorly when asked about their actions (+ Dimitri has no idea what their motives are) AND the FE is his stepsister then it's unsurprising he comes to the conclusion he does.

That's what I felt, but then I see "Nah, fam, he's crazy and just wasn't listening to her" and I'm just... :/

User Info: StellaLunaris

StellaLunaris
1 week ago#7
FaroresWinds posted...
That's what I felt, but then I see "Nah, fam, he's crazy and just wasn't listening to her" and I'm just... :/

To be fair, people tend to brush off Dimitri as "too crazy to properly function" even in routes where he's at his most sane.

I've struggled with mental illness and known people who have (definitely more stigmatized in men, probably another reason think of Dimitri in that way) so it really honks me right off.
https://society6.com/redpawdesigns
I draw stuff. Buy a pillow to support your butt AND my gaming backlog collection

FaroresWinds
1 week ago#8
StellaLunaris posted...
FaroresWinds posted...

To be fair, people tend to brush off Dimitri as "too crazy to properly function" even in routes where he's at his most sane.

I've struggled with mental illness and known people who have (definitely more stigmatized in men, probably another reason think of Dimitri in that way) so it really honks me right off.

Man, I'm sorry. :( And it kills me too whenever I see people say that. Especially when they say he deserved to be put down, and how dare he not know the script of the game?

User Info: HayashiTakara

HayashiTakara
1 week ago#9
it depends on how much was heard properly. since they were listening from a distance.
NNID: HTakara82 - Add me if you're looking for a good time, lol
NS FC: SW-6233-5661-0820

User Info: Ryodraco

Ryodraco
1 week ago#10
Also its not like Dimitri believes she was the only one involved. He obsesses so much on Edelgard because she is there and he knows her identity. He also suspects Arundel, but doesn't get to confront him about it until much later.

But yes, mainly I think it's Thales line that everything was done to empower the Flame Emperor that causes Dimitri to blame the FE so specifically.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Does Dimitri's conclusion about the Flame Emperor make sense?
  • Topic Archived