• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. C/D: Flayn is a better unit than Cyril overall

User Info: Ertrick36

Ertrick36
1 week ago#31
Reverend_Wilson posted...
Most personal skills aren't that great. The thing about Cyril is he gets point-blank volley at c+ bows. Getting that early is a lot better than most personal skills in the game.

Would rather wait for Leonie to get it.

No way am I gonna care to use it pre-skip.

Also, why do I care about the opinion of someone who likes to eat poop?
<<Puis la determination la plus forte gagne.>>

User Info: Dandelionel

Dandelionel
1 week ago#32
To all of you who say "amazing growths!!!" you know they are basically the same as Petra and Leonie right...? So what's the point of using Cyril
Bye sister, thank u next
Hard to say. One has the stats, and the other makes for a decent healer. I prefer Cyril though, since I already have a main healer and quite a few sub healers as well.

To all of you who say "amazing growths!!!" you know they are basically the same as Petra and Leonie right...? So what's the point of using Cyril

That's precisely the point. Petra and Leonie have great growths. And Cyril in particular has more HP than normal for his growth.
"Righteousness is like a good sword... just keep it pointed in the right direction."
FC: 3926-8239-0430
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: IVicViperI

IVicViperI
1 week ago#34
DiogoShadowJorg posted...
Hard to say. One has the stats, and the other makes for a decent healer. I prefer Cyril though, since I already have a main healer and quite a few sub healers as well.

That's precisely the point. Petra and Leonie have great growths. And Cyril in particular has more HP than normal for his growth.

And yet for most of the game, Cyril's stats are worse to equivalent to Ashe's.
Go figure.

User Info: Dekadense

Dekadense
1 week ago#35
Flayn is the best dancer and Cyril is best benchwarmer.
IVicViperI posted...
DiogoShadowJorg posted...

And yet for most of the game, Cyril's stats are worse to equivalent to Ashe's.
Go figure.

Most of the game? I'm pretty sure that he has easy acess to archer, brigand and knight classes for a nice boost in stats. Even if that was the case, Ashe has good stats, so it's not much of an issue. I compared them many times, and I see Cyril being more usefull, due to having a better selection of physical weaponry as well having better HP, STR, SPD and DEF growths than Ashe.
"Righteousness is like a good sword... just keep it pointed in the right direction."
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Basileus777

Basileus777
1 week ago#37
superxgaga posted...
JustinTheJagged posted...
Flayn is solid support if for whatever reason you don't have Mercedes, Cyril can be decent but can just as easily get completely rng screwed.
Cyril is the person least likely to be rng screwed due to having the highest growth in the game, hes just a pain to start due to s***ty base.

This isn't true though. He's more susceptible to getting RNG screwed because his base stats are so poor. Everything hinges on his growths and the RNG doesn't stop being random with higher percentages.
(edited 1 week ago)
Basileus777 posted...
superxgaga posted...
JustinTheJagged posted...
Flayn is solid support if for whatever reason you don't have Mercedes, Cyril can be decent but can just as easily get completely rng screwed.
Cyril is the person least likely to be rng screwed due to having the highest growth in the game, hes just a pain to start due to s***ty base.

This isn't true though. He's more susceptible to getting RNG screwed because his base stats are so poor. Everything hinges on his growths and the RNG doesn't stop being random with higher percentages.

You do realize that unlocking classes gives him a boost to his stats, right? And he can unlock 3 of them with ease.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: FreeFalco

FreeFalco
1 week ago#39
The way this board uses the term "RNG screwed" gives me a headache. No one is more or less likely to get RNG screwed. If your growth rate is 50% and you only gained stats 40% of the time, that is being RNG screwed. RNG screwed is not when you gained stats 50% of the time but you still don't like what the number is.
Dandelionel posted...

They all have good growths. What's your point?

Basileus777 posted...

Getting RNG screwed isn't possible since promoting him to a Wyvern Rider (and Wyvern Lord) will raise his important base stats if they are actually screwed.

You Cyril haters are coming up with the weakest arguments.
I like to eat poop.
(edited 1 week ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. C/D: Flayn is a better unit than Cyril overall
  • Post New Message