• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. C/D: Flayn is a better unit than Cyril overall

User Info: Hippaul

Hippaul
1 week ago#11
I like Cyril better.
There's an amazing new champion sprinter in the town of Alexandria! The sprinter's name is "Hippaul." He's amazing!

User Info: EdeaCreamer

EdeaCreamer
1 week ago#12
I mean, that's not a hard bar to clear, TC, so yeah.
Fifth of cognac, add some triple-sec...

User Info: GrooseKirby

GrooseKirby
1 week ago#13
Cyril can actually take out enemies by himself with his default skill path. Flayn does single digit damage.
Tracer is not in because Sakurai is already Tracer.

User Info: CyclonSilver

CyclonSilver
1 week ago#14
I always felt that Flayn simply had way too much trouble earning exp. It's genuinely difficult for her to reach level 20 before the timeskip; sure by that point her performance goes massively uphill with Fortify and Rescue x2, but she's largely worthless for a long time beyond her incredible 4 tiles rescue range, and obviously that's bad.
Also if she's a dancer the rest of her support becomes moot, and if she's Byleth's adjutant(which is where she usually ends up for me), same.

Ironically enough she probably fits the "trainee" definition better than Cyril does, since he only needs to reach C+ bows to start being useful.
Satisfaction = Quality - Expectations + Tolerance
If Satisfaction > 0, Enjoyment = (Satisfaction + Expectations) / Hours spent on Gamefaqs
Flayn is solid support if for whatever reason you don't have Mercedes, Cyril can be decent but can just as easily get completely rng screwed.

User Info: superxgaga

superxgaga
1 week ago#16
JustinTheJagged posted...
Flayn is solid support if for whatever reason you don't have Mercedes, Cyril can be decent but can just as easily get completely rng screwed.
Cyril is the person least likely to be rng screwed due to having the highest growth in the game, hes just a pain to start due to s***ty base.
El, give me your blessing! Kingdom, Alliance, Church? I'll kill em all! When I do, you are no longer Kotei-sama, You will be known as Edelgard Megami-Sama!!

User Info: Dandelionel

Dandelionel
1 week ago#17
superxgaga posted...
Cyril is the person least likely to be rng screwed due to having the highest growth in the game, hes just a pain to start due to s***ty base.
I would argue that Leonie's growths are basically the same as his, and she doesn't come underleveled, untrained in key areas, and is helpful from the start of the game.

Bye sister, thank u next

User Info: Oron999

Oron999
1 week ago#18
I suspect I was really lucky or something, but in GD my Cyril was basically Claude version 0.9
I'm so meta even this acronym is meta

User Info: Chefcook90

Chefcook90
1 week ago#19
Flayn joins knowing Rescue, so she's immediately useful the moment you recruit her.

Cyril? Not so much.
FE Fates Castle: 16268-39691-00496-50003
"Now I am become /rant, the destroyer of threads." - a user laments his giant walls of text

User Info: superxgaga

superxgaga
1 week ago#20
Dandelionel posted...
I would argue that Leonie's growths are basically the same as his, and she doesn't come underleveled, untrained in key areas, and is helpful from the start of the game.
Yea I personally would never used cyril, hes just a trainee without some of the previous game's trainiees' charm.
El, give me your blessing! Kingdom, Alliance, Church? I'll kill em all! When I do, you are no longer Kotei-sama, You will be known as Edelgard Megami-Sama!!
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. C/D: Flayn is a better unit than Cyril overall
  • Post New Message