• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. C/D: Flayn is a better unit than Cyril overall

User Info: Dandelionel

Dandelionel
1 week ago#1
We love our underage Church units

I know Flayn is likely 900 years old but whatever
Bye sister, thank u next

User Info: HayashiTakara

HayashiTakara
1 week ago#2
Flayn has excellent utility, and makes for an amazing fortress knight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5OY-kwMuBA
NNID: HTakara82 - Add me if you're looking for a good time, lol
NS FC: SW-6233-5661-0820

User Info: superxgaga

superxgaga
1 week ago#3
Not a fan of either character.
But with 0 effort, Flayn can contribute to team without stealing kills, and Cyril will need some extra baby sitting to take off.
Flayn for me.
El, give me your blessing! Kingdom, Alliance, Church? I'll kill em all! When I do, you are no longer Kotei-sama, You will be known as Edelgard Megami-Sama!!

User Info: CyclonSilver

CyclonSilver
1 week ago#4
Hmmm...

Nah.
Satisfaction = Quality - Expectations + Tolerance
If Satisfaction > 0, Enjoyment = (Satisfaction + Expectations) / Hours spent on Gamefaqs

User Info: Zeveria

Zeveria
1 week ago#5
Well...I've certainly made more use of her as a support role. So yes.
TP > OoT = MM > ST = SS = tWW > TFH > ALBW = PH > BOTW = MC > OoA > OoS > LA > FSA > FS > LoZ > AoL >>> aLttP

User Info: herolegend10

herolegend10
1 week ago#6
In terms of Flayn, She works well as Gremory providing you can work on her reason skill. Don't really see anyone hating on her character but overall, She's more useful than Cyril
3DS FC: 3969-5614-3165
Sun/US IGN: Loyd Moon/UM IGN: Lucy/Yang OR IGN: Loyd AS: Suguha

User Info: Tocss

Tocss
1 week ago#7
Some people swear by cyril. I haven't seen one person adamant flayn was the best at anything. Hmm.

I use flayn as a support, usually. I dont let cyril near the field.
05546-11583
42739-14542 Fire Emblem Fates castle address. Come for a visit!

User Info: IVicViperI

IVicViperI
1 week ago#8
She has Fortify.
She has Rescue.
She has an easy spot as a Dancer without any effort, therefore she wouldn't rely on stats at all to be a 10/10 unit, nor be dragged down by subpar stats while also being overleveled on Maddening (like Cyril is at level 9).

As a combat unit though? Eeeeh...
Haven't tried her as pure DPS, but her offensive spell list looks worse than Annette's with slightly less/equivalent Magic in the long term, though I think Annette would have a huge lead on Reason by the time Flayn arrives.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Mocorongo

Mocorongo
1 week ago#9
Easy confirm, Flayn is a great utility unit

The best bless is health and money: With health you can do almost anything - money can let you do the rest
And a good health allows you to build money - win/win

User Info: Hozu

Hozu
1 week ago#10
She gives a damage bonus as an adjutant to Byleth and Seteth, and has base ranks for Pegasus Knight. That alone makes her useful, but she also has near unique access to Fortify and Rescue. Also has enough base charm to become a Dancer, if you need it for whatever reason. Excellent support unit.
Its commonly known on GameFAQs that if anything is more evident than proven facts, its personal opinions.
(edited 1 week ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. C/D: Flayn is a better unit than Cyril overall
  • Post New Message