• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. C/D: The War at Gronder is the most unnecessary battle in the game

User Info: superxgaga

superxgaga
1 week ago#11
Most hyped battle in the trailer, awesome music.
Just add fog of war lul, everything makes more sense that way.
El, give me your blessing! Kingdom, Alliance, Church? I'll kill em all! When I do, you are no longer Kotei-sama, You will be known as Edelgard Megami-Sama!!

User Info: Mega_Gardevoir

Mega_Gardevoir
1 week ago#12
superxgaga posted...
Most hyped battle in the trailer, awesome music.
Just add fog of war lul, everything makes more sense that way.
In the cutscene with the eagle there actually is a noticeable fog compared to the school phase one. Plus Edelgard's mages just threw out a bunch of fire so...the battlefield should be teaming with smoke. She even says it was her plan to make it too chaotic for the Alliance and Kingdom to be able to tell friend from foe at the start.

That must've been the plan but they forgot to add the fog mechanic lol.
MG

User Info: superxgaga

superxgaga
1 week ago#13
Mega_Gardevoir posted...
In the cutscene with the eagle there actually is a noticeable fog compared to the school phase one. Plus Edelgard's mages just threw out a bunch of fire so...the battlefield should be teaming with smoke. She even says it was her plan to make it too chaotic for the Alliance and Kingdom to be able to tell friend from foe at the start.

That must've been the plan but they forgot to add the fog mechanic lol.
I remember, and the cloudy weather can also contrast the chapter 7 gronder theme "blue sky and a battlefield "
El, give me your blessing! Kingdom, Alliance, Church? I'll kill em all! When I do, you are no longer Kotei-sama, You will be known as Edelgard Megami-Sama!!

User Info: StillPainting

StillPainting
1 week ago#14
Why is there no fog of war? I don't understand. Is there a megaphone we can use to get Nintendo's attention for this battle? It would instantly improve if it there's fog of war. Lore wise just justify it with Edelgard's mage squad putting a fog over the field.

If fog of war would make it too hard, lower the cannon fodder count on Normal difficulty. This is the map that would benefit from a gameplay and story perspective. It would at least justify why Dimitri's and Claude's forces would accidentally run into each other during battle.

The music's awesome too by the way, mad cool. They really should just need to patch in fog for Battle at Gronder.

User Info: Poison-puffs

Poison-puffs
1 week ago#15
FoW would fix it in context of the game, but at the same time do you really want Claude & Lysithea or Dimitri & Felix or Petra ambushing you.

Amazing song though
https://youtu.be/lA4fGtG5ODY
Star Platinum OP please nerf - Dio Brando
Sheer Heart Attack has no weakness

User Info: Leogon255

Leogon255
1 week ago#16
StillPainting posted...
Why is there no fog of war? I don't understand. Is there a megaphone we can use to get Nintendo's attention for this battle? It would instantly improve if it there's fog of war. Lore wise just justify it with Edelgard's mage squad putting a fog over the field.

Hell, that's literally what happened in the Lonato chapter. The fog of war in that battle was being made by a mage and once you killed him it went away.
3DS FC: 4425-1712-6362 Fire Safari (Ponyta, Braixen, and Charmeleon)

User Info: Mega_Gardevoir

Mega_Gardevoir
1 week ago#17
Poison-puffs posted...
FoW would fix it in context of the game, but at the same time do you really want Claude & Lysithea or Dimitri & Felix or Petra ambushing you.
To be honest, I imagine that's why they didn't put in the mechanic in the end. They thought the pre-battle cutscene with the fire and Edelgard's comment at the start would be enough for players to understand. To prevent new players from being too frustrated they ultimately cut out the fog mechanic.

What I don't get, is why they didn't at least add it back in Madening, because that mode has a bunch of Divine Pulse worthy BS in it anyway.
MG

User Info: Total_Panda

Total_Panda
1 week ago#18
Walshin posted...
The most unnecessary battles in the game are everything that happens after Edelgard says " Imma declare war on the Church "

Destroying the church is the only valid thing this game does.
Undertale was a bad game.

User Info: StillPainting

StillPainting
1 week ago#19
Total_Panda posted...
Walshin posted...
The most unnecessary battles in the game are everything that happens after Edelgard says " Imma declare war on the Church "

There's nothing in this game Edelgard does that can be morally or ethically sound
https://imgtc.ws/i/ZPJWM9C.jpg

Have a good day with the evil route of the game.

User Info: Total_Panda

Total_Panda
1 week ago#20
StillPainting posted...
Total_Panda posted...
Walshin posted...

There's nothing in this game Edelgard does that can be morally or ethically sound
https://imgtc.ws/i/ZPJWM9C.jpg

Have a good day with the evil route of the game.

Who gives a f*** about edelgard I just want to destroy the church.
Undertale was a bad game.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. C/D: The War at Gronder is the most unnecessary battle in the game
  • Topic Archived