• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. C/D: The War at Gronder is the most unnecessary battle in the game

User Info: Poison-puffs

Poison-puffs
5 days ago#1
The Kingdom & Alliance have zero reason to fight

Dimitri: Move Claude

Claude:No

Confirm
Star Platinum OP please nerf - Dio Brando
Sheer Heart Attack has no weakness

User Info: rukn

rukn
5 days ago#2
Thematically it’s really cool. It’s just bad execution.

User Info: TalesOfXAndY

TalesOfXAndY
5 days ago#3
It barely makes any more sense in GD route either.

Yeah I know Dimitri is angry as f*** but he wants Edelgard's head, not Claude's. They're both going after the red team, Dimitri could tell Claude to stay out of his way but there's no reason for them to fight. But on the map Dimitri f***ing guns for the GD.

One of the most underwhelming parts in the game.
Hyped for: Persona 5: The Royal/Tales Of Arise

User Info: Decapre

Decapre
5 days ago#4
I love how during Silver Snow when it happens Byleth, Seteth, and Flayn are just having a nice conversation....
DON'T INTERFERE!
https://i.imgur.com/0CWj5nT.jpg

User Info: NeoRyujinZ

NeoRyujinZ
5 days ago#5
Confirm FTW.

Not only do Claude and Dimitri have no reason to be fighting one another, that map gives me Vietnam flashbacks.

Has flashbacks of dealing with Alert Stance-spamming Petra and Flying Effect Null Ingrid

T_T
Fire Emblem: Three Houses should be renamed Fire Emblem: Two MAXIMUM BRAIN DAMAGE Lords, and That One Guy Who Was Upside Down.
(edited 5 days ago)

User Info: Walshin

Walshin
5 days ago#6
The most unnecessary battles in the game are everything that happens after Edelgard says " Imma declare war on the Church "

User Info: Mega_Gardevoir

Mega_Gardevoir
5 days ago#7
I love the music, but other than that execution was poo-poo. I even spent the time to setup Dimitri to kill Edelgard and they didn't even talk.

Like, the battle has a lot of potential for actually giving the player choices. If said choices would actually affect anything. Team up with Dimitri to KO Edelgard. Letting us recruit some students from the other houses if we have their classmates and have them chat. Potentially recruit the other non-Empire lord if we say, have their entire house along to talk some sense into them. Or even start a talk chain that makes Edelgard recruitable on GD for like, the last 2 maps. Have Dimitri react differently and maybe even survive the battle if he defeats Edelgard.

But no, you can literally drag Hilda over to murder Claude or Felix fight Dimitri and it's like....nope. No reaction.
MG
(edited 5 days ago)

User Info: mariogamer

mariogamer
5 days ago#8
Dem music tho.
Lysithea best mage.

User Info: Zer0billion

Zer0billion
5 days ago#9
I ripped my dick off at this part, makes no sense at all.
Maid Lysithea when?

User Info: CyclonSilver

CyclonSilver
5 days ago#10
That's on BL. Even still it's the first time Dimitri faces Edelgard after being obsessed with her for 5 years, and similarly, Claude does not want to let Edelgard go, it's too good an opportunity. So the execution is pretty bad, but them willing to go through the other army to get to her makes some amount of sense.

On GD the kingdom attacking you isn't out of place at all, because without Gilbert, Byleth and Rodrigue around, they openly do not give a damn.

TalesOfXAndY posted...
Yeah I know Dimitri is angry as f*** but he wants Edelgard's head, not Claude's. They're both going after the red team, Dimitri could tell Claude to stay out of his way but there's no reason for them to fight. But on the map Dimitri f***ing guns for the GD.

Dimitri can barely interact with anyone when he has three advisors at his side. He sees anything that gets in his way as a nuisance and will rather kill than talk, so I disagree, I think it works.

Though I agree that in both cases, the third party rushing at you instead of Edelgard doesn't.
Satisfaction = Quality - Expectations + Tolerance
If Satisfaction > 0, Enjoyment = (Satisfaction + Expectations) / Hours spent on Gamefaqs
(edited 5 days ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. C/D: The War at Gronder is the most unnecessary battle in the game
  • Post New Message