• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. VW kind of wasted Claude? (Spoiler?)

User Info: CyclonSilver

CyclonSilver
4 days ago#11
@Misha-Heart posted...
People make fun of Edelgard's route being incomplete, but Claude's is a literal copy of another route. His conflict is just too detached from the main game.

I need you to define "main game" here. The personal conflict between Edelgard and Dimitri, while definitely important, doesn't qualify as that imo.
There's no denying GD goes out of its way to add stakes and context over what the Church route does, either. It's more a refining than a copy. Also, Lorenz, Hilda, Lysithea and Judith all have major roles in it(especially Lorenz), which doesn't happen in "the original".

Ultimately, Claude wants peace. More than Dimitri, potentially more than Edelgard. Post timeskip he's at the head of one third of Fodlan, just like them, and Almyra is extremely relevant to the Alliance, as before Edelgard's coup, they were its #1 enemy, no questions asked.
His tale is less personal than theirs. But I can't agree that it feels detached overall.
Satisfaction = Quality - Expectations + Tolerance
If Satisfaction > 0, Enjoyment = (Satisfaction + Expectations) / Hours spent on Gamefaqs
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: BloodMoon7

BloodMoon7
4 days ago#12
I think they're all copying Edelgard's tactics by setting stuff their allies on fire.
Fire Emblem Three Mounteds
The Black Peaglesus, The Blue Stallions and the Golden Wyvern Rideers... Which mount will you choose? Fire Emblem Three Horses.

User Info: FelurFalas

FelurFalas
4 days ago#13
The writers are just really bad at writing more complex strategic minds, whereas tragic characters are easy.
Yorokobi No Ito Wa Canon Tsumugidasu
The Thread of Happiness is Weaved by a Canon

User Info: ArtiRock

ArtiRock
4 days ago#14
PlasticFrog posted...
Then again, getting Byleth into a seat of power willingly is pretty brilliant.

Which happens in church. Honestly the more I play the game, the more it feels like 1 route should have been done rather than splits like this. Or if there was, it should have been edelgard or church. With Dmitri and Claude ultimately joining in church instead.
This is the duty of the Grim Angels.

User Info: DrGaster

DrGaster
4 days ago#15
ArtiRock posted...
PlasticFrog posted...

Which happens in church.

Which is straight bulls***. Completely OOC. Same with Fort Merceus. That does not sound like something the MC would come up with.
GameFAQs: A place where nerds and losers can come together and become the bullies they've always wanted to be.

User Info: superxgaga

superxgaga
4 days ago#16
DrGaster posted...
Which is straight bulls***. Completely OOC. Same with Fort Merceus. That does not sound like something the MC would come up with.
Fort Merceus is not even a success infiltration, u get stopped at the gate, great, coulda just straight up hitting from 2 sides and air strike from nader to begin with.
El, give me your blessing! Kingdom, Alliance, Church? I'll kill em all! When I do, you are no longer Kotei-sama, You will be known as Edelgard Megami-Sama!!
superxgaga posted...
Fort Merceus is not even a success infiltration, u get stopped at the gate, great, coulda just straight up hitting from 2 sides and air strike from nader to begin with.
No, because at that point their archers are still awake and stuff them full of arrows.
MG

User Info: ArtiRock

ArtiRock
4 days ago#18
DrGaster posted...
ArtiRock posted...
PlasticFrog posted...

Which happens in church.

And why not? How is it ooc?
This is the duty of the Grim Angels.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. VW kind of wasted Claude? (Spoiler?)
  • Post New Message