• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. GD maddening no NG+, who to recruit (for use)

User Info: Taylor1894

Taylor1894
1 month ago#1
For my maddening GD run I'm trying to decide who to recruit. I am trying to keep using all the original GD. I only want a total of 12 units since that is the maximum deployment ever allowed, and experience is scarce. So 3 additional slots are all that's available.

Mercedes would be a good choice because of her unmatched healing utility.

Lindhardt is also a good healer, and has warp. Also gives Leonie her paralogue, which I find to be really fun.

Felix and Petra are both very good and very fast, in all my previous runs.

Sylvain has early relic access for help in tight spots, and I will be using female Byleth so he could be recruited early.

Shamir, Catherine, and Alois are all solid choices, though Alois and Catherine can only be recruited somewhat late.

Any suggestions on who to round out my class? Classes can be a factor but I'm still working those out. Will try to recruit Lindhart and Ferd even if I don't plan to use them so I have access to all the GD paralogues.
3DS friend code - 5257-9508-5412
PSN: Taylors_Ocelot

User Info: HayashiTakara

HayashiTakara
1 month ago#2
you want to minimize your deployment. So have a set 10 and only use that set 10.

IIRC, the only path Catherine joins late is Silver Snow, in the other paths she can join, she joins as soon as you're level 15.
NNID: HTakara82 - Add me if you're looking for a good time, lol
NS FC: SW-6233-5661-0820

User Info: Stepdog

Stepdog
1 month ago#3
Personally I recruited Dorothea on my run. I’m not going to pretend I know all the optimal level ups, in depth mechanics of the game like some people who research it throughly. I picked her because she gets pychic, thoron and meteor. Giving her the ability to heal and attack from greater range than most.

Healing seems like one of the best ways to level up in maddening also.

User Info: Stepdog

Stepdog
1 month ago#4
I will say don’t try to add people just so you can get their paralouges. I did this with Linhardt, thinking I was good enough to beat it even if he was underleveled. I was not, after over an hour of failing I decided Leonie can just use a different bow.

User Info: akaCitizenSnips

akaCitizenSnips
1 month ago#5
With NG+ you should be free to mostly do whatever. I would definitely suggest Mercedes since she has a great healing spell list especially compared to Marianne. Also, Catherine is NOT a late recruit, you can recruit her as early as Chapter 4 in GD route

Shamir is really good and easy to get to Bow Knight without spending extra renown or too much effort into doing.
#WheresReptile

Taylor1894
1 month ago#6
Hayas***akara posted...
you want to minimize your deployment. So have a set 10 and only use that set 10.

IIRC, the only path Catherine joins late is Silver Snow, in the other paths she can join, she joins as soon as you're level 15.

Is it a good idea to low-man the chapters that allow 11 or 12 deployments? There are very few 12 slot ones but a fair number of 11's iirc. Once you get adjutants at professor Level C I would think it shouldn't be too difficult to keep 12 units up. Keep in mind I am using DLC and have online features on.

But if I could only dedicate one more spot it would probably be for Mercedes for healing.

User Info: The_Juice_

The_Juice_
1 month ago#7
There's no real reason not to just toss healers in those extra deployment slots. I got Linhardt for the bow and it was also easy to level him up in those chapters just by flinging around physic and later warp.

Shamir is a good choice because Ignatz is pretty susceptible to being strength screwed.

Sylvain and Catherine are nice for the free relics, and Catherine comes with lol bases that can trivialize some of the annoying early paralogues.
Difference in men & women: http://i.imgur.com/kHCwK2p.jpg
Broncos l Raptors l Dodgers l Maple Leafs l UCLA

User Info: HayashiTakara

HayashiTakara
1 month ago#8
Taylor1894 posted...
Hayas***akara posted...

Is it a good idea to low-man the chapters that allow 11 or 12 deployments? There are very few 12 slot ones but a fair number of 11's iirc. Once you get adjutants at professor Level C I would think it shouldn't be too difficult to keep 12 units up. Keep in mind I am using DLC and have online features on.

But if I could only dedicate one more spot it would probably be for Mercedes for healing.

low manning is generally a good idea, so you don't spread your resources thin, to be honest the best adjutants are tank adjutants as at A rank IIRC they have a 50% chance to block the 2nd hit if you get doubled. in Maddening since there's a ton of units that can double the majority of the cast, they're good to use.

solo'ing is possible in maddening due to the fact that you can funnel 100% of the resources into a singular character, this holds true for low manning as well.
NNID: HTakara82 - Add me if you're looking for a good time, lol
NS FC: SW-6233-5661-0820

User Info: AC1

AC1
1 month ago#9
low manning is generally a good idea, so you don't spread your resources thin,

If you choose to low manning, you will make level experience even more limited (pay close attention to experience table). I suggest running active 18 units party by start of chapter 13.

experience table: https://forums.serenesforest.net/index.php?/topic/89413-healingsupport-action-exp-formula-exp-table-from-level-1-to-50/

Role of tutoring (maddening):
unlock unit budding talent skill/ learn riding or flying or faith (up to c level) or reason (up to c level) or heavy armor

Taylor1894
1 month ago#10
18 seems like too many...
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. GD maddening no NG+, who to recruit (for use)
  • Topic Archived