• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Quick question: Has Edelgard ever been called out by her allies in her route?

User Info: Seazas

Seazas
1 week ago#81
Shedinja500 posted...
TalesOfXAndY posted...
Poison-puffs posted...
TalesOfXAndY posted...
She gets little criticism about her ideals post-skip and people say f*** all about the stuff she does in part 1.

Edelgard is the Flame Emperor that’s cool what’s for lunch. This bothers me that nobody even bats an eye to this

It blows my mind that in CF route, when you are briefly at an imperial base, NOBODY asks Edelgard what she was up to, the timeskip is not even an excuse here. Her being the Flame Emperor should raise a HUGE number of questions considering she's admitted to working with Solon who does nasty s*** and Death Knight who's shady af.

She literally shows up to the Holy Tomb with an armed force, threatens everybody there (and Rhea has every right to view this as a possible murder attempt) and tries to f***ing rob graves right in front of them and NO ONE CARES!?

Amazing and believable writing.

They do care, they all (except Hubert of course) have negative reactions in the Holy Tomb and several of them call her out.

They then decide to support her anyway after they realize Rhea's an insane dragon and the whole Church of Seiros is a lie fabricated by literal lizard people who promptly try to murder the Goddess's chosen prophet (Byleth) in front of their eyes.

Regarding Solon: The only ones who know she was working with Solon are Hubert, Byleth, and Jeralt. Everyone else only knows Edelgard was actively fighting against Solon. Byleth and Edelgard already discussed the matter after Remire (and you can choose to call her out or offer your support, and regardless of which you chose she makes good on her promise to work with you to stop Solon). Jeralt calls her out after Remire, but he is dead later on and can't call her out again. Hubert actually claims to be the one who convinced Edelgard to work with the Agarthans, in one story dialogue before the Great Bridge mission, so it would make no sense for him to call her out. So it wouldn't make sense for anyone to call her out (again) for this, except maybe Byleth if she turned down the Flame Emperor's earlier offer of an alliance.

Re: The Death Knight, I'm guessing the writers shoved that whole character arc into the Jeritza DLC, unfortunately, other than one Manuela dialogue in the Monastery that confirms the Death Knight apologized for stabbing her. We'll see how they react to him once that comes out, hopefully.

Flayn also calls Edelgard out by abandoning her outright and taking up arms against her, by the way.

And despite that "negative reaction" they ignore what Edelgard did and her threats to murder them... With no questioning why she raided to steal crest stones specifically. Or her actions prior as Flame Emperor, they should at least ask and Edelgard has the decency to come clean then or later.
(message deleted)

User Info: Shedinja500

Shedinja500
1 week ago#83
FaroresWinds posted...
Ok, now that I think about it.... The f*** are TWSITD doing? They have nukes. They are experimenting on children. And when Edelgard goes on her war, they support her all the way till the end. They are pretty happy to be used by her, although they get pissed when she killed Cornelia. For a group that should be pretty cautious, they were also chill about letting a 'puppet' run loose. Had they no back up plan if she retaliated? They even let her purge the nobles they had carefully implemented, if I recall correctly, and I may not be. It's kind of been a while, so the details may be fuzzy. But as a group overall, I'm just really f***ing confused. I mean, I know they wanted revenge on Rhea for her actions in the past, but they spend a lot of time going about it in a really bizarre way. She's powerful, but clearly not so powerful that a human couldn't take her out. What piece of the puzzle am I missing here?

She isn't their puppet and Slithers needs her more than she needs them in Crimson Flower. (she needs Slithers more in other routes because Edelgard lacks Byleth's goddess powers, and arguably does slowly become their puppet in those routes to some extent) They nuked Arianhrod instead of nuking Enbarr because they were only trying to scare her, not turn her against them. (it was still a bad idea of course since Hubert probably traced the nuke in the epilogue, but they probably felt they needed to do something threatening after a betrayal like that)

Slithers is a very tiny, relatively weak revenge cult of a nation operating out of what appears to be a single radiation fallout bunker, that has been trying to kill Rhea without success for a thousand years. They have some advanced magitek, but that doesn't really help when their numbers are so small and the missiles are traceable if used. And the whole area around the monastery apparently has anti-ballistic missile enchantments put in place by Sothis.

Even if Edelgard betrays them afterwards, their priority is revenge, and they're likely willing to all die if that's what it takes to kill Rhea (I'm sure they wouldn't mind taking over Fodlan too, but revenge is clearly their priority). We see in Verdant Wind that Thales is willing to nuke their own headquarters for a chance at killing Rhea and the Fell Star Sothis (note that they presumably believe Byleth isn't Sothis in CF since they likely don't believe Sothis would fight against Rhea, though again, this is left ambiguous within the text).

And the only (confirmed) Slithers noble in the Empire was Thales, who Edelgard didn't purge (until the epilogue, at least). The rest, like Duke Aegir, were at most their allies, whom he was more than willing to throw under the bus if need be in exchange for an alliance with Edelgard, who he himself calls "Their Greatest Creation."

BloodMoon7 posted...
I don't think you can remain hidden for 1000 years if you start rebellions every Tuesday.

Imo they weren't inactive, just cautious. What made them more brazen in later years? Could be that they managed to figure out how to successfully implant the Crest of Flames in someone. It can't be recent knowledge or they'd have tried it much earlier.

They did do it much earlier, see Nemesis.

They still have him imprisoned in their basement, in fact. He busts his way out in Verdant Wind after the base gets nuked. Why they have him locked up instead of using him is unexplained, but my personal headcanon is that they couldn't control him because he's just an egotistical genocidal bandit king who only cares about his own power.

Shedinja500
1 week ago#84
Seazas posted...

And despite that "negative reaction" they ignore what Edelgard did and her threats to murder them... With no questioning why she raided to steal crest stones specifically. Or her actions prior as Flame Emperor, they should at least ask and Edelgard has the decency to come clean then or later.

Edelgard very clearly explains that. To everyone.

Rhea is a monstrous lizard person controlling humanity from the shadows, and Rhea proved her point by turning into a dragon to murder Byleth. This is all explained very clearly, and they all see it with their own eyes as well.

At that point the Black Eagle Strike Force all fully understand why she was revolting against the Church.

Why on Earth would they have a problem specifically with her stealing crest stones? Linhardt and Hanneman in particular would just be excited at the opportunity to study them, and we see in Linhardt's supports with Edelgard that he does exactly that, with some of the later ones set in the Holy Tomb. Nobody else has any real reason to care about crest stones specifically, all they would know is that they're.potentially useful weapons in the war against the lizard people, and we see post-timeskip Edelgard has indeed custom-made a crest stone weapon for the war, Aymr.
(edited 1 week ago)

Seazas
1 week ago#85
Shedinja500 posted...
Seazas posted...

Rhea is a monstrous lizard person controlling humanity from the shadows, and Rhea proved her point by turning into a dragon to murder Byleth. This is all explained very clearly, and they all see it with their own eyes as well.

At that point the Black Eagle Strike Force all fully understand why she was revolting against the Church.

Why on Earth would they have a problem specifically with her stealing crest stones? Linhardt and Hanneman in particular would just be excited at the opportunity to study them, and we see in Linhardt's supports with Edelgard that he does exactly that, with some of the later ones set in the Holy Tomb. Nobody else has any real reason to care about crest stones, all they would know is that they're.potentially useful weapons in the war against Rhea.

Last time I checked. Siding with shady f***s like the Death Knight and Slithers should have students asking Edelgard about this. No amount of "revolt" can justify the lack of questions on siding with people disturbing the peace. She and Hubert only tell Byleth.

Knowing why she wanted to steal them to begin with to the point of threatening to kill over it is eyebrow raising. No matter how you try to handwave this. Especially when Edelgard shows to not be a big fan of them. Just asking "why raid for this to begin with, they must be really valuable if you threatened our lives for them" or something like that would make BE students feel more like individuals and less of yes men. Saying "who gives a s***" in response to a criticism is stupid.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: superxgaga

superxgaga
1 week ago#86
Seazas posted...
Last time I checked. Siding with shady f***s like the Death Knight and Slithers should have students asking Edelgard about this. No amount of "revolt" can justify the lack of questions on siding with people disturbing the peace. She and Hubert only tell Byleth.

Knowing why she wanted to steal them to begin with to the point of threatening to kill over it is eyebrow raising. No matter how you try to handwave this. Especially when Edelgard shows to not be a big fan of them.
Think most people are too freaked out by a literal dragon, and ran like hell and got to the imperial camp. Edelgard simply said see the dragon? this is why I was attacking the church, I'm gonna give you sometimes in this barracks, talk it out with the professor. Then she asked em to show her your resolve and just jumped into the chap 12 battle leading to the 5 year skip. We donno if she just cast hypnosis spells during it or she went over stuff with other students or what not, we just dont have enough information. Because after the skip everyone is just fine with her and she had hubert catch Byleth up to speed with the more intimate knowlege like twistd.
El, give me your blessing! Kingdom, Alliance, Church? I'll kill em all! When I do, you are no longer Kotei-sama, You will be known as Edelgard Megami-Sama!!
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: SSJGPiccles

SSJGPiccles
1 week ago#87
Shedinja500 posted...

Why on Earth would they have a problem specifically with her stealing crest stones? Linhardt and Hanneman in particular would just be excited at the opportunity to study them, and we see in Linhardt's supports with Edelgard that he does exactly that, with some of the later ones set in the Holy Tomb. Nobody else has any real reason to care about crest stones, all they would know is that they're.potentially useful weapons in the war against Rhea.
Rhea specifies that the Holy Tomb is a grave. Edelgard was grave robbing. What person with decency wouldn’t have a problem with that?

We’re crimson flower not the “be Edelgard’s puppet” route you’d likely figure that those crest stones Edelgard stole are what’s making all these beasts. If grave robbing didn’t cross some line, blatant human experimentation should.

The Flame Emperor stuff gets dropped with no qualms which should NOT be the case with Edelgard clearly having a hand in the death of your father.
Prepare to have your Scales Tipped!
Official Robin of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate board
(edited 1 week ago)

Shedinja500
1 week ago#88
Seazas posted...

Knowing why she wanted to steal them to begin with to the point of threatening to kill over it is eyebrow raising. No matter how you try to handwave this. Especially when Edelgard shows to not be a big fan of them.

Why would she want to steal weapons of war from her enemy.

What possible reason could any leader in a war have to steal weapons.

These are rhetorical questions because the answer is so blatantly obvious even Caspar could figure it out; to use them as weapons, and so they enemy can't use them against you. These people were literally about to graduate from an Officer's Academy, they are capable of understanding such basic military ideas without Edelgard having to spell it out for them.

Edelgard does explain that the Death Knight is an Imperial General during the timeskip, and he apologizes to Manuela for stabbing her. The further details are, as I have said before, likely to be in the Jeritza DLC.

Nobody in the Black Eagle Strike Force except Byleth and Hubert know about her alliance with Slithers, as you yourself admit, so it would make no sense for them to call her out for it.

Seazas
1 week ago#89
superxgaga posted...
Seazas posted...

Think most people are too freaked out by a literal dragon, and ran like hell and got to the imperial camp. Edelgard simply said see the dragon? this is why I was attacking the church, I'm gonna give you sometimes in this barracks, talk it out with the professor. Then she asked em to show her your resolve and just jumped into the chap 12 battle leading to the 5 year skip. We donno if she just cast hypnosis spells during it or she went over stuff with other students or what not, we just dont have enough information. Because after the skip everyone is just fine with her and she had hubert catch Byleth up to speed with the more intimate knowlege like twistd.

As I said, doesn't have to be immediately, just them bothering to ask sometime would be leagues better than leaving us to assume. It doesn't seem like El did, she lies to them about the nuking and pins it on the Church after all.

Seazas
1 week ago#90
Shedinja500 posted...
Seazas posted...

Why would she want to steal weapons of war from her enemy.

What possible reason could any leader in a war have to steal weapons.

These are rhetorical questions because the answer is so blatantly obvious even Caspar could figure it out; to use them as weapons, and so they enemy can't use them against you. These people were literally about to graduate from an Officer's Academy, they are capable of understanding such basic military ideas without Edelgard having to spell it out for them.

Edelgard does explain that the Death Knight is an Imperial General during the timeskip, and he apologizes to Manuela for stabbing her. The further details are, as I have said before, likely to be in the Jeritza DLC.

Nobody in the Black Eagle Strike Force except Byleth and Hubert know about her alliance with Slithers, as you yourself admit, so it would make no sense for them to call her out for it.

They clearly knew about the Flame Emperor or they wouldn't of been shocked. And FE is commonly around with shady people. Especially with Tomas and Monica talk spreading like wildfire among the monastery in conversations it's not hard to put two and two together. EDELGARD WAS LITERALLY HANGING OUT WITH MONICA. How in the hell would the BE students be clueless and not ask questions about this? They also witness not!Monica + Byleth get screwed by shady Solon. They knew some things and there's no questions to be made at all, that's dumb.
(edited 1 week ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Quick question: Has Edelgard ever been called out by her allies in her route?
  • Post New Message