• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Quick question: Has Edelgard ever been called out by her allies in her route?

User Info: FaroresWinds

FaroresWinds
1 week ago#71
superxgaga posted...
FaroresWinds posted...
Ok, now that I think about it.... The f*** are TWSITD doing? They have nukes. They are experimenting on children. And when Edelgard goes on her war, they support her all the way till the end. They are pretty happy to be used by her, although they get pissed when she killed Cornelia. For a group that should be pretty cautious, they were also chill about letting a 'puppet' run loose. Had they no back up plan if she retaliated? They even let her purge the nobles they had carefully implemented, if I recall correctly, and I may not be. It's kind of been a while, so the details may be fuzzy. But as a group overall, I'm just really f***ing confused. I mean, I know they wanted revenge on Rhea for her actions in the past, but they spend a lot of time going about it in a really bizarre way. She's powerful, but clearly not so powerful that a human couldn't take her out. What piece of the puzzle am I missing here?
Thales clearly too busy playing video games in dubstep city, they had freakin computers in there!

Pfft. I chuckled.

Honestly, though, it just seems like they are causing chaos for the sake of it and not really focusing on taking out Rhea. They even had this long con to make Dimitri and Edelgard be pitted against each other. Like... Why? How is that servicing their ultimate plan, other than just making life in Foldan miserable?

User Info: DrGaster

DrGaster
1 week ago#72
Everyone calls out this s***. Especially recruits. Even Lysithea, who's totally on board with no more Crest System calls out how naive everyone is to think that all the problems will be solved like magic one the system is removed.

There shouldn't have been a Church route. It should have just been Crimson Flower, with the MC eventually realizing "Hey, removing the Crest System is fine and all, but could we maybe...not do this in the stupidest way possible?" and eventually betrays Edelgard.

FaroresWinds posted...
Ok, now that I think about it.... The f*** are TWSITD doing? They have nukes. They are experimenting on children. And when Edelgard goes on her war, they support her all the way till the end. They are pretty happy to be used by her, although they get pissed when she killed Cornelia. For a group that should be pretty cautious, they were also chill about letting a 'puppet' run loose. Had they no back up plan if she retaliated? They even let her purge the nobles they had carefully implemented, if I recall correctly, and I may not be. It's kind of been a while, so the details may be fuzzy. But as a group overall, I'm just really f***ing confused. I mean, I know they wanted revenge on Rhea for her actions in the past, but they spend a lot of time going about it in a really bizarre way. She's powerful, but clearly not so powerful that a human couldn't take her out. What piece of the puzzle am I missing here?

And it should have been MC and friends who kill Cornelia after betraying Edelgard. Why would TWSITD use nukes as a warning shot against Edelgard when they know she can f***ING SENSE THEIR BASE THIS WAY?! There goes any element of surprise they had, potentially bombing her when she returns to Enbarr and removing the only other threat to them once the Church was handled.

BloodMoon7 posted...
I don't think you can remain hidden for 1000 years if you start rebellions every Tuesday.

Imo they weren't inactive, just cautious. What made them more brazen in later years? Could be that they managed to figure out how to successfully implant the Crest of Flames in someone. It can't be recent knowledge or they'd have tried it much earlier.

They did know. That's how Nemesis was made in the first place. They decided to do the exact same f***ing thing they did last time, but bigger. Now we have a Nemesis with two crests, and a bigger army.
GameFAQs: A place where nerds and losers can come together and become the bullies they've always wanted to be.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: superxgaga

superxgaga
1 week ago#73
FaroresWinds posted...
Pfft. I chuckled.

Honestly, though, it just seems like they are causing chaos for the sake of it and not really focusing on taking out Rhea. They even had this long con to make Dimitri and Edelgard be pitted against each other. Like... Why? How is that servicing their ultimate plan, other than just making life in Foldan miserable?
I mean for real tho? Thales as Arundel is busy while Edelgard is taking everyone out for him. Hes in chapter 14 and 18 etc, collecting relics, artifacts and gaining newer influence in alliance and kingdom territories.

Edit. Also in their mind? that little birdie Edelgard is mere mortal, also on short lifespan, thales and rhea, these guys lived for 1000 of years, how many more years can Edelgard kick around? They just let her do w.e because they thought she is no real threat.
El, give me your blessing! Kingdom, Alliance, Church? I'll kill em all! When I do, you are no longer Kotei-sama, You will be known as Edelgard Megami-Sama!!
(edited 1 week ago)

FaroresWinds
1 week ago#74
DrGaster posted...
And it should have been MC and friends who kill Cornelia after betraying Edelgard. Why would TWSITD use nukes as a warning shot against Edelgard when they know she can f***ING SENSE HER BASE THIS WAY?!

That's another thing I don't understand. Why send a nuke after her for killing an agent? Why WASTE such a important piece of firepower on a warning shot? "Don't kill us. Here, watch as this city gets destroyed." I think it just served as a plot device, now Hubert can find them... somehow.

superxgaga
1 week ago#75
FaroresWinds posted...
That's another thing I don't understand. Why send a nuke after her for killing an agent? Why WASTE such a important piece of firepower on a warning shot? "Don't kill us. Here, watch as this city gets destroyed." I think it just served as a plot device, now Hubert can find them... somehow.
Punishment for her defiance too, the nuke is not gonna be on her, since they still need her to kill Rhea, more like stop messing around and do your job, little emperor.
El, give me your blessing! Kingdom, Alliance, Church? I'll kill em all! When I do, you are no longer Kotei-sama, You will be known as Edelgard Megami-Sama!!

FaroresWinds
1 week ago#76
superxgaga posted...
FaroresWinds posted...
Punishment for her defiance too, the nuke is not gonna be on her, since they still need her to kill Rhea, more like stop messing around and do your job, little emperor.

I know, but it truly seems like overkill. Like, major overkill. I've seen people argue that they have control over her life, that they watch her every move, but they chose a nuke as their show of power? That's like burning a house to get rid of a spider. Surely if they had power over her, they wouldn't need such a show of force.

And if that's not the case, and a nuke was the ultimate way to scare her back on her path or whatever, then could it not be argued that she had way more control over her life? And if that's the case, why let her run free, unless she's just doing what they want her to do already?

IDK. Maybe I'm crazy...

superxgaga
1 week ago#77
FaroresWinds posted...
I know, but it truly seems like overkill. Like, major overkill. I've seen people argue that they have control over her life, that they watch her every move, but they chose a nuke as their show of power? That's like burning a house to get rid of a spider. Surely if they had power over her, they wouldn't need such a show of force.

And if that's not the case, and a nuke was the ultimate way to scare her back on her path or whatever, then could it not be argued that she had way more control over her life? And if that's the case, why let her run free, unless she's just doing what they want her to do already?

IDK. Maybe I'm crazy...
El is like "hmmm so this is my uncle's trump card". Think it plays hand in hand with Hubert's paralogue, "the more they underestimate us, the better"
Thales definitely does not know Hubert is already doing everything he can to be on their tracks, and the missles tipped his hands to someone as dangerous and calculative like Hubert. He think it's a show of strength, but he plotting his own demise.

FaroresWinds
1 week ago#78
superxgaga posted...
FaroresWinds posted...

IDK. Maybe I'm crazy...
El is like "hmmm so this is my uncle's trump card". Think it plays hand in hand with Hubert's paralogue, "the more they underestimate us, the better"
Thales definitely does not know Hubert is already doing everything he can to be on their tracks, and the missles tipped his hands to someone as dangerous and calculative like Hubert. He think it's a show of strength, but he plotting his own demise.

Of course, that is understandable. But, if they wanted them to be underestimated, then... Why is the nuke the answer by Thales? How is underestimating a bunch of kids make you go, "You know what? Let's show them how powerful I can be because of how weak they are." He must be an idiot.

Gah, I really don't understand. -_- Sometimes the motivations and decisions of the characters confuse the s*** out me.

superxgaga
1 week ago#79
FaroresWinds posted...
Of course, that is understandable. But, if they wanted them to be underestimated, then... Why is the nuke the answer by Thales? How is underestimating a bunch of kids make you go, "You know what? Let's show them how powerful I can be because of how weak they are." He must be an idiot.

Gah, I really don't understand. -_- Sometimes the motivations and decisions of the characters confuse the s*** out me.
El's Uncle is clearly getting dementia, this is why we dont see her taking him down in the game, coz couple months gone by he'd be in a care center eating puddings + watching Paul Newman movies.
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Quick question: Has Edelgard ever been called out by her allies in her route?
  • Post New Message