• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Quick question: Has Edelgard ever been called out by her allies in her route?

User Info: Shedinja500

Shedinja500
1 week ago#61
Ryodraco posted...
Zeveria posted...
Is anyone besides Hubert and Byleth aware of TWSITD?

Offhand, I recall that if you don't recruit Leonie and Byleth ends up fighting her then she will angrily ask them why they would ally with Edelgard when she is connected with the people who killed Jeralt. So it seems at least some become aware under some circumstances.

Shedinja500 posted...
Rhea is also aware of them and has been for a thousand plus years,

To clarify, said awareness didn't extend beyond "mysterious evil people who must have helped Nemesis but stay so that behind the scenes that we haven't been able to find anything useful about them."

I mean Seteth was just as aware of them but I don't hear him criticized by fans for "doing nothing."

I don't see any explanation other than Rhea not telling Seteth either. He seemed completely and genuinely surprised by Solon and Kronya's magical ability to impersonate people.

Here is what Rhea herself says about the Agarthans in Golden Deer:

"But the humans turned their backs on the teachings of the progenitor god and engaged in senseless wars. Eventually people began to think themselves as gods and challenged the progenitor god herself to battle. The land was scorched in the war that ensued and the majority of humans were annihilated. I believe those who slither in the dark are the descendants of those who retreated beneath the ground during that time."

Meaning she knew. Everything. She's the one who tells Claude everything in Golden Deer, all the detailed info comes from her, except Shambala's location, which Hubert discovered. Other than Shambhala's location, all Hubert's tip does is give Claude enough evidence to pressure Rhea to spill the beans.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: TalesOfXAndY

TalesOfXAndY
1 week ago#62
She didn't know where they were located so she couldn't do anything even if she wanted to. She knew some humans retreated underground but that doesn't immediately mean she was aware those people were still alive after 1000 years until she pieced things together, nor does it mean she knew their actions in recent history were specifically their (TWSITD) responsibility.
Hyped for: Persona 5: The Royal/Tales Of Arise
(edited 1 week ago)

Shedinja500
1 week ago#63
TalesOfXAndY posted...
She didn't know where they were located so she couldn't do anything even if she wanted to. She knew some humans retreated underground but that doesn't immediately mean she was aware those people were still alive after 1000 years nor does it mean she knew their actions in recent history were specifically their responsibility.

She's literally the one who exposition-dumped to Claude the very information you just described, other than the where they are located part.

And she could have found their location if she'd actually interrogated prisoners instead of killing every last one of them without ever asking questions. Or traced the missiles they apparently fired at the monastery (the ones that got deflected and ended up creating the Valley of Torment instead), like Hubert did at Fort Merceus. She had a thousand years to work with and apparently did nothing about them, not even telling Seteth about them.

User Info: TalesOfXAndY

TalesOfXAndY
1 week ago#64
Knowing that some people retreated underground 1000+ years ago doesn't mean she knew they've survived all this time. She knows the Church has enemies but "enemies" doesn't automatically equal "they must be descendants of people from a very long time ago". And how many actions are TWSITD actually responsible for after Aillel? IIRC there's a large gap between that and the next thing we know they're involved in which is probably the Insurrection Of The Seven centuries later. It wouldn't be unreasonable to assume they died out due to how inactive they were, only for Rhea to begin to think otherwise later.

And it's very wishful thinking that someone would reveal Shambhala's location to Rhea, their mortal enemy, because that could have devastating results for their civilisation. And in the near 1200 years the Church has been around we're assuming Rhea never tried interrogation, just because of what we see of her in the first year of the game?

And there's no indication Rhea knows how to track their magic.

Edit: I've got to go so I can't respond.
Hyped for: Persona 5: The Royal/Tales Of Arise
(edited 1 week ago)

Shedinja500
1 week ago#65
TalesOfXAndY posted...
Knowing that some people retreated underground 1000+ years ago doesn't mean she knew they've survived all this time. She knows the Church has enemies but "enemies" doesn't automatically equal "they must be descendants of people from a very long time ago". And how many actions are TWSITD actually responsible for after Aillel? IIRC there's a large gap between that and the next thing we know they're involved in which is probably the Insurrection Of The Seven centuries later. It wouldn't be unreasonable to assume they died out due to how inactive they were, only for Rhea to begin to think otherwise later.

And it's very wishful thinking that someone would reveal Shambhala's location to Rhea, their mortal enemy, because that could have devastating results for their civilisation. And in the near 1200 years the Church has been around we're assuming Rhea never tried interrogation, just because of what we see of her in the first year of the game?

And there's no indication Rhea knows how to track their magic.

I suppose canon doesn't specify, but I don't agree with your headcanon that they've been inactive at all. I don't see any evidence to support that, and it seems completely out of character for a fanatical revenge cult to stop pursuing revenge for 1000 years.

I guess that's part of why we view Rhea's treatment of the situation completely differently. To me, she spent 1000 years actively protecting the Agarthans by erasing their actions from history and hiding their existence from even Seteth due to her excessive paranoia, even as they wreaked havoc nonstop all those thousand years. That's why I blame Rhea for the Agarthans too.

My interpretation of events we see in canon pre-timeskip is that this is the norm and things like Lonato's rebellion, or the Insurrection of the Seven, or the Tragedy of Duscur, or the Western Church uprising, or Raphael's parents getting murdered by House Gloucester, or Miklan, or what happened to Lysithea and Edelgard, or the wars with Almyra and Dagda, or the church framing and killing Cristophe, or the nonstop bandit attacks, happen regularly every year, for the past several hundred years, nonstop, with Rhea executing anyone who tried to fix this. I'm sure things have been steadily getting a bit worse over time as Rhea paid more and more attention to reviving Sothis and less to doing her job, but I don't think all these things we see are completely new.

And I'm pretty sure Edelgard sees it the same way I do, as she clearly views this as a long-term systemic problem that will continue for the next thousand years if she doesn't stop it, so maybe that's why you can't empathize with her.
(edited 1 week ago)
(message deleted)

User Info: BloodMoon7

BloodMoon7
1 week ago#67
I don't think you can remain hidden for 1000 years if you start rebellions every Tuesday.

Imo they weren't inactive, just cautious. What made them more brazen in later years? Could be that they managed to figure out how to successfully implant the Crest of Flames in someone. It can't be recent knowledge or they'd have tried it much earlier.
Fire Emblem Three Mounteds
The Black Peaglesus, The Blue Stallions and the Golden Wyvern Rideers... Which mount will you choose? Fire Emblem Three Horses.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: FaroresWinds

FaroresWinds
1 week ago#68
Ok, now that I think about it.... The f*** are TWSITD doing? They have nukes. They are experimenting on children. And when Edelgard goes on her war, they support her all the way till the end. They are pretty happy to be used by her, although they get pissed when she killed Cornelia. For a group that should be pretty cautious, they were also chill about letting a 'puppet' run loose. Had they no back up plan if she retaliated? They even let her purge the nobles they had carefully implemented, if I recall correctly, and I may not be. It's kind of been a while, so the details may be fuzzy. But as a group overall, I'm just really f***ing confused. I mean, I know they wanted revenge on Rhea for her actions in the past, but they spend a lot of time going about it in a really bizarre way. She's powerful, but clearly not so powerful that a human couldn't take her out. What piece of the puzzle am I missing here?

User Info: superxgaga

superxgaga
1 week ago#69
FaroresWinds posted...
Ok, now that I think about it.... The f*** are TWSITD doing? They have nukes. They are experimenting on children. And when Edelgard goes on her war, they support her all the way till the end. They are pretty happy to be used by her, although they get pissed when she killed Cornelia. For a group that should be pretty cautious, they were also chill about letting a 'puppet' run loose. Had they no back up plan if she retaliated? They even let her purge the nobles they had carefully implemented, if I recall correctly, and I may not be. It's kind of been a while, so the details may be fuzzy. But as a group overall, I'm just really f***ing confused. I mean, I know they wanted revenge on Rhea for her actions in the past, but they spend a lot of time going about it in a really bizarre way. She's powerful, but clearly not so powerful that a human couldn't take her out. What piece of the puzzle am I missing here?
Thales clearly too busy playing video games in dubstep city, they had freakin computers in there!
El, give me your blessing! Kingdom, Alliance, Church? I'll kill em all! When I do, you are no longer Kotei-sama, You will be known as Edelgard Megami-Sama!!
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Total_Panda

Total_Panda
1 week ago#70
FaroresWinds posted...

The piece about the writing just not being very good.
Undertale was a bad game.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Quick question: Has Edelgard ever been called out by her allies in her route?
  • Post New Message