• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Quick question: Has Edelgard ever been called out by her allies in her route?

User Info: FaroresWinds

FaroresWinds
1 week ago#41
pichuchumi posted...
Not nearly as much as they should.
I think Sylvain does once in a brief monastery dialogue, and Ferdinand tries but ultimately remains one of her lapdop.
Crimson Flower really needed a "Felix". Someone to call out Edelgard on her BS, and help her realize that it's not always good to have that "my way or the highway" mentality. Genuinely surprised that even Byleth didn't push her against a wall and talk some sense into her.
Unfortunately, for some reason, they just had everyone blindly follow her. That's honestly the reason why a lot of out-of-house recruits feels so OOC in her route, because the only way to justify them joining her cause and blindly following her is to pretty much change their character.

I'm really glad someone else felt this way because I was really confused why everyone seemed... decently chill about the whole thing.

User Info: superxgaga

superxgaga
1 week ago#42
FaroresWinds posted...
I'm really glad someone else felt this way because I was really confused why everyone seemed... decently chill about the whole thing.
Honestly if she had someone like felix to slap her some senses (no, not Ferdi, hes neutered) she wouldnt have gone down like she did in all 4 routes.
El, give me your blessing! Kingdom, Alliance, Church? I'll kill em all! When I do, you are no longer Kotei-sama, You will be known as Edelgard Megami-Sama!!

User Info: Ryodraco

Ryodraco
1 week ago#43
Not much, but if you talk to Lysithea during one of the months she'll mention how she doubts that the society Edelgard is trying to build will really be as perfect and fair as Edelgard says it will be. But I guess since she doesn't say it to Edelgard then it may not count as calling her out.

User Info: Shedinja500

Shedinja500
1 week ago#44
From the very instant the game begins Ferdinand calls Edelgard out for everything constantly, positioning himself as her rival. He even makes their disputes public, mass printing pamphlets criticizing Edelgard and listing how his accomplishments are (according to him) superior to hers in great detail. He literally tries to overthrow her by challenging her for the throne in a duel! (and loses miserably) This is all very clear in their supports.

Ignoring that and repeatedly saying he's a lapdog doesn't make it any more true.

Since people keep comparing him to Felix, even Felix never challenges Dimitri to a duel for the throne in Azure Moon, so far as I am aware. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

superxgaga
1 week ago#45
Shedinja500 posted...
From the very instant the game begins Ferdinand calls Edelgard out for everything constantly, positioning himself as her rival. He even makes their disputes public, mass printing pamphlets criticizing Edelgard and listing how his accomplishments are (according to him) superior to hers in great detail. He literally tries to overthrow her by challenging her for the throne in a duel! (and loses miserably) This is all very clear in their supports.

Ignoring that and repeatedly saying he's a lapdog doesn't make it any more true.

Since people keep comparing him to Felix, even Felix never challenges Dimitri to a duel for the throne in Azure Moon, so far as I am aware. (Correct me if I'm wrong)
Ferdinand challenges her for pride, vanity and potentially power, it could be a different prince/princess, he would be doing the same. Felix calls out Dimitri because he genuinely cares for him as a friend, there is more personal investment.
El, give me your blessing! Kingdom, Alliance, Church? I'll kill em all! When I do, you are no longer Kotei-sama, You will be known as Edelgard Megami-Sama!!

FaroresWinds
1 week ago#46
Shedinja500 posted...

Doesn't he lose that duel and basically back off after that?

superxgaga
1 week ago#47
FaroresWinds posted...
He got over it in A support.

Shedinja500
1 week ago#48
FaroresWinds posted...
Shedinja500 posted...

That is, in fact, exactly what I said. He lost miserably. To elaborate, Edelgard defeated him with her first blow, crushing him so utterly and completely he realized he didn't stand a chance against her. Though Edelgard comforts him by praising him as a Worthy Opponent afterwards.

FaroresWinds
1 week ago#49
Shedinja500 posted...
FaroresWinds posted...
Shedinja500 posted...

That is, in fact, exactly what I said. He lost miserably. To elaborate, Edelgard defeated him with her first blow, crushing him so utterly and completely he realized he didn't stand a chance against her. Though Edelgard comforts him by praising him as a Worthy Opponent afterwards.

Oh, oops, sorry, did not mean to repeat you. I'm a bit dyslexic and it makes the reading hard. I reread and saw that you did say that, my b.

Shedinja500
1 week ago#50
FaroresWinds posted...
Shedinja500 posted...
FaroresWinds posted...
Shedinja500 posted...

Oh, oops, sorry, did not mean to repeat you. I'm a bit dyslexic and it makes the reading hard. I reread and saw that you did say that, my b.

Sorry I overreacted!
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Quick question: Has Edelgard ever been called out by her allies in her route?
  • Post New Message