• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Quick question: Has Edelgard ever been called out by her allies in her route?

User Info: FaroresWinds

FaroresWinds
4 days ago#101
SSJGPiccles posted...
superxgaga posted...
Good thing most BE team only got 1 brain cell lmao look at Caspar.
I’m 95% certain he and Linhardt share a brain cell.

Let's be honest though, about 99.9% of that brain cell is Linhardt.

User Info: Ryodraco

Ryodraco
4 days ago#102
Shedinja500 posted...
My interpretation of events we see in canon pre-timeskip is that this is the norm and things like Lonato's rebellion, or the Insurrection of the Seven, or the Tragedy of Duscur, or the Western Church uprising, or Raphael's parents getting murdered by House Gloucester, or Miklan, or what happened to Lysithea and Edelgard, or the wars with Almyra and Dagda, or the church framing and killing Cristophe, or the nonstop bandit attacks, happen regularly every year, for the past several hundred years, nonstop, with Rhea executing anyone who tried to fix this. I'm sure things have been steadily getting a bit worse over time as Rhea paid more and more attention to reviving Sothis and less to doing her job, but I don't think all these things we see are completely new.

This being the norm we can say for certain is not the case. At least a few NPCs in the monastery will remark on how the year we spend in part 1 of the game has been a "nightmare," as far as the number of bad things happening is concerned. Normally its much more peaceful.

Also, Rhea didn't know missiles were used on the Holy Tomb until after the fact. The way she described it they were strange lights that were diverted and then created the Valley of Torment. By then it was impossible to track their origin (assuming that technology even existed at the time) or study what the weapons were.

Also, given Seteth is just as old as Rhea, and indeed was involved in searching for the people who helped Nemesis, I find it hard to believe he was as in the dark as you seem to think. It seemed more like he thought it better for Rhea to explain things, for instance in Silver Snow acting like he doesn't know about the Slithers but then after Rhea reveals a bit he explains he led extensive searches for Nemesis' secret allies a thousand years ago. But like Rhea, he doesn't piece together that they are connected to Agartha until the end of the game, presumably since like Rhea he doesn't actually know much about the Agarthans (and presumably things like taking on the forms of other people were not things he knew the Agarthans to be able to do, it perhaps being something they developed tech for much more recently).
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: Shedinja500

Shedinja500
4 days ago#103
SSJGPiccles posted...
Because you want to see Edelgard’s route. Narratively picking skipping off with Edelgard doesn’t make sense, but that’s not what this is about.

It’s a big problem Byleth never once presses Edelgard about that in any route, but even if he believes she has some explanation or he just couldn’t bare to kill her regardless he should ask.

That's... Not an in character explanation. Byleth as a character isn't playing a game and "seeing Edelgard's route," she's choosing whether to follow an order to execute her own student.

Byleth knows Edelgard who’s indirectly responsible. Kronya’s just some woman who stabs your dad. Byleth would be infinitely more likely to give Edelgard a chance to explain.

Edelgard already explained at Remire. She's working with Solon, but doesn't agree with a lot of his actions, and offers to ally with you to stop him. Then she helps you kill Kronya and Solon. Post-timeskip, Hubert also explains that Aurundel is Edelgard's ally, and an associate of Kronya and Solon, that Edelgard reluctantly tolerates because he's useful.

Byleth is a Silent Protagonist who barely speaks, why would she demand Edelgard explain again when she already explained? If Byleth weren't a silent protagonist, it would make sense for her to bring it up, but she is.

No you’re just saying nobody should call her out because they’ve fallen for Edelgard’s spiel hook line and sinker and will never question anything.

As I've already said, Ferdinand calls her out constantly, and even challenges her to a duel for the throne (that he loses miserably).

Please stop acting like you're angry at them not calling her out, when it's clear that what you're angry about is them not calling her out in the very specific ways you want them to call her out. Ways that wouldn't really be in character.

Stealing weapons from the lizard people they're at war with isn't going to outrage people. Nobody in Crimson Flower ever puts two and two together and realizes crest stones are dragon hearts, and that includes Edelgard, because Rhea actively erased all evidence of that from the history books. Nobody figures that out in other routes either until Rhea spells it out for them, and nobody figures it out period in Azure Moon, to my knowledge.

This would be like someone in real life believing atom bombs are made from peoples' hearts, it would seem too absurd to even consider without strong evidence.
(edited 4 days ago)

Shedinja500
4 days ago#104
Ryodraco posted...
Shedinja500 posted...
My interpretation of events we see in canon pre-timeskip is that this is the norm and things like Lonato's rebellion, or the Insurrection of the Seven, or the Tragedy of Duscur, or the Western Church uprising, or Raphael's parents getting murdered by House Gloucester, or Miklan, or what happened to Lysithea and Edelgard, or the wars with Almyra and Dagda, or the church framing and killing Cristophe, or the nonstop bandit attacks, happen regularly every year, for the past several hundred years, nonstop, with Rhea executing anyone who tried to fix this. I'm sure things have been steadily getting a bit worse over time as Rhea paid more and more attention to reviving Sothis and less to doing her job, but I don't think all these things we see are completely new.

This being the norm we can say for certain is not the case. At least a few NPCs in the monastery will remark on how the year we spend in part 1 of the game has been a "nightmare," as far as the number of bad things happening is concerned. Normally its much more peaceful.

Also, Rhea didn't know missiles were used on the Holy Tomb until after the fact. The way she described it they were strange lights that were diverted and then created the Valley of Torment. By then it was impossible to track their origin (assuming that technology even existed at the time) or study what the weapons were.

Also, given Seteth is just as old as Rhea, and indeed was involved in searching for the people who helped Nemesis, I find it hard to believe he was as in the dark as you seem to think. It seemed more like he thought it better for Rhea to explain things, for instance in Silver Snow acting like he doesn't know about the Slithers but then after Rhea reveals a bit he explains he led extensive searches for Nemesis' secret allies a thousand years ago. But like Rhea, he doesn't piece together that they are connected to Agartha until the end of the game, presumably since like Rhea he doesn't actually know much about the Agarthans (and presumably things like taking on the forms of other people were not things he knew the Agarthans to be able to do, it perhaps being something they developed tech for much more recently).

The Tragedy of Duscur wasn't this year, nor was the Insurrection of the Seven, nor was the war with Dagda. This year might be a bit more horrible than previous years, enough for NPCs to complain about it, but it's clear that it's only a bit.

And Seteth might not have put two and two together and realized they were Agarthans, but Rhea clearly did, or she could never have explained that to Claude.

User Info: aikamatsunaga

aikamatsunaga
4 days ago#105
superxgaga posted...
FaroresWinds posted...
I'm really glad someone else felt this way because I was really confused why everyone seemed... decently chill about the whole thing.
Honestly if she had someone like felix to slap her some senses (no, not Ferdi, hes neutered) she wouldnt have gone down like she did in all 4 routes.

She needs SuperXGaga.🤣
For King Dimitri and Country! Down with the Hegemon!!!

Ryodraco
4 days ago#106
Shedinja500 posted...
And Seteth might not have put two and two together and realized they were Agarthans, but Rhea clearly did, or she could never have explained that to Claude.

And I took that to be something she only figured out thanks to the info Hubert was able to give Claude and Byleth.

Heck, when you enter Shambala she takes Byleth aside and tells them "if I'm right" (regarding who "those who slither" are) then they'll want to kill Byleth the most. Given the use of "if" there I'm inclined to think that even at this point Rhea isn't sure about who they are.

Shedinja500
4 days ago#107
Ryodraco posted...
Shedinja500 posted...

And I took that to be something she only figured out thanks to the info Hubert was able to give Claude and Byleth.

Heck, when you enter Shambala she takes Byleth aside and tells them "if I'm right" (regarding who "those who slither" are) then they'll want to kill Byleth the most. Given the use of "if" there I'm inclined to think that even at this point Rhea isn't sure about who they are.

I guess if you want to give her the benefit of the doubt, sure, I will acknowledge you've proven that the evidence of her knowing is ambiguous enough that you can make a good case for her being ignorant. I don't give her the benefit of the doubt, personally. I tend to assume the worst about her.

I suspect that like a lot of things in this game, the writers deliberately left when Rhea figured it out vague, so players could spin this for or against Rhea.
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: VioletGekko

VioletGekko
4 days ago#108
There was no one like Felix in BL calling out Dimitri in BE. They're all bootlicking her even Ferdinand while our Byleth stands in silence hoping to end the war fast so she/he could have that red booty.

User Info: StellaLunaris

StellaLunaris
4 days ago#109
VioletGekko posted...
There was no one like Felix in BL calling out Dimitri in BE.

I'm not a psychic, but I guarantee the fandom would be calling that character "sexist" WAY too much.
https://society6.com/redpawdesigns
I draw stuff. Buy a pillow to support your butt AND my gaming backlog collection

Ryodraco
4 days ago#110
Shedinja500 posted...
I guess if you want to give her the benefit of the doubt, sure, I will acknowledge you've proven that the evidence of her knowing is ambiguous enough that you can make a good case for her being ignorant. I don't give her the benefit of the doubt, personally. I tend to assume the worst about her.

I suspect that like a lot of things in this game, the writers deliberately left when Rhea figured it out vague, so players could spin this for or against Rhea.

Fair enough, and I suppose that vagueness can be seen as one of the draws of the game's story. I personally chose Edelgard's route first and was surprised at how it ended up not convincing me she was in the right as I played it wanting to support her, but clearly many other players did find her position convincing.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Quick question: Has Edelgard ever been called out by her allies in her route?
  • Post New Message