• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. C/D: Edelgard is the most controversial FE character to date

User Info: Ivashanko

Ivashanko
1 week ago#41
chaincat22 posted...
Internally with the fanbase, yes. Overall? Not even close. Soleil and Corrin were far more controversial for all the worst reasons.

Corrin yes, Soleil no. I do not think Soleil is well known enough to be considered particularly controversial.

User Info: DoNotTalktoMe

DoNotTalktoMe
1 week ago#42
VioletGekko posted...
If she is a man there would be a lot of hate. Admit your inner weeb.

Or a lot of love, since there are male characters treated better than her on this site that did far worse.

Admit your inner misogyny.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: godofwar596

godofwar596
1 week ago#43
Yep but in a good way, this is why she's my favorite character in this game. You know a character is well written when people are still discussing if she was in the right or not nearly 3 months after the game came out.

User Info: chaincat22

chaincat22
1 week ago#44
Ivashanko posted...
Corrin yes, Soleil no. I do not think Soleil is well known enough to be considered particularly controversial.
Oh no she definitely is ever since people heard about the gay conversion therapy support.
[The World]! Toki Yo Tomare!

User Info: SC6

SC6
1 week ago#45
she's a highly controversial character in Nintendo in general
PSN - NovaSol6(PS3/VITA), GreenTea_Sama(PS4)
3DS FC: 0533-5134-4439
empireoffire posted...
DiogoShadowJorg posted...
VagrantElton posted...
PurpleEchoes posted...
DiogoShadowJorg posted...
Goes whitout saying. The fact that it brings up so many people to show their true colors, is pretty telling.

I like how people liking a fictional character shows their "true colors"

Don't you know? Apparently liking a morally grey character makes you a fascist nowadays.

If it was only liking... I'm talking about people who openly support her actions. There are plenty of people here that like her, but won't support her actions.

You supported Dimitri torturing Randolph for the funsies, you hypocrite.

Too bad you didn't watch the story propely. Randolph was never tortured, he was killed before he could. So get your facts right at least.

Not at all. I said that since Randolph attacked him, and as a result Dimitri threatening to torture him is nowhere as bad as what Edelgard did. As Dimitri can easily redeem himself for that, while Edelgard can't. Nothing hypocritical, since I don't support torture, it's just you jumping to assumptions and pretending to know what I think.

Also, reminder that if it wasn't for Edelgard, Dimitri wouldn't have lost his sanity for a while, in the first place. Had she been a good girl, and behaved as a proper ruler, she could have easily made an alliance with Dimitri instead.
"Righteousness is like a good sword... just keep it pointed in the right direction."
FC: 3926-8239-0430
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: StillPainting

StillPainting
1 week ago#47
I would agree. I have a very low opinion of individuals who defend Edelgard in any capacity or even point the mirror at Dimitri (who has done nothing wrong before the war breaks out). Even after the war, it's hard to put Dimitri on the same plane of evil as Edelgard, like you gotta move ethical mountains to put those two on the same level.

User Info: DarkRPGMaster

DarkRPGMaster
1 week ago#48
katella posted...
BlueAnnihilator posted...
Edelgard would be universally hated if she wasnt a waifu.

I actually disagree with this; I believe that the character would be more well-received if Edelgard was male but less popular.

No, we'd still have these kind of discussions, there would just be less of the blind fanboys worshiping Edelgard like a god who can do no wrong.
PSN RyuDragnier, Pawn Kyna, Ranger lvl 200
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: darkknight39

darkknight39
1 week ago#49
DarkRPGMaster posted...
katella posted...

I actually disagree with this; I believe that the character would be more well-received if Edelgard was male but less popular.

No, we'd still have these kind of discussions, there would just be less of the blind fanboys worshiping Edelgard like a god who can do no wrong.

i often see more people blindly worshipping male antagonistc characters than females.
"you cannot let yourself be held back by common sense " -Sanae Kochiya

User Info: DarkRPGMaster

DarkRPGMaster
1 week ago#50
darkknight39 posted...
DarkRPGMaster posted...
katella posted...

i often see more people blindly worshipping male antagonistc characters than females.

Not in this fandom.
PSN RyuDragnier, Pawn Kyna, Ranger lvl 200
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. C/D: Edelgard is the most controversial FE character to date
  • Post New Message