• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. C/D: Edelgard is the most controversial FE character to date

User Info: Ivashanko

Ivashanko
1 week ago#21
Corrin was a disaster who is disliked by the Fire Emblem community for being an unlikeable idiot who's actions (at least in Conquest, I never played the other two versions) caused the death and suffering of countless innocents. He is also hated by the Super Smash Bros community for being peak 'too much Fire Emblem'. I would argue that (because he is disliked by both the Fire Emblem and the much larger SSB communities) Corrin is a more well known and hated character. Now, some people seem to say 'controversial' when they really mean 'hated', so if we are using that definition than Corrin is indeed more controversial. Otherwise, the answer has to be Edelgard. She really is a good character, even if I personally dislike her.

(Also, I don't think Micaiah was particularly controversial. I would argue that Ike in FE10 was more controversial, since many people didn't particularly like him stealing Micaiah's thunder)
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: SSJGPiccles

SSJGPiccles
1 week ago#22
I will certainly never deny this.
Prepare to have your Scales Tipped!
Official Robin of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate board

User Info: TekTheNinja

TekTheNinja
1 week ago#23
People like Arvis are just as if not more, but people will vote yes anyway because they joined in at Awakening at earliest lol.
Nep Nep is our goddess and savior.

User Info: SSJGPiccles

SSJGPiccles
1 week ago#24
TekTheNinja posted...
People like Arvis are just as if not more, but people will vote yes anyway because they joined in at Awakening at earliest lol.
Can’t be the most controversial if half the people you ask respond with ”who?”
Prepare to have your Scales Tipped!
Official Robin of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate board

User Info: Zangetsu333

Zangetsu333
1 week ago#25
I think the controversy with Micaiah was more that if she was a Mary Sue or not. It's kinda died down now after avatars became a thing though.

I'd say Edelgard is the most controversial FE character not only because of her own nature, but just because the fanbase is simply bigger than ever before. Her actions may be similar to other previously controversial characters, but there's more people to care now.

User Info: empireoffire

empireoffire
1 week ago#26
DiogoShadowJorg posted...
VagrantElton posted...
PurpleEchoes posted...
DiogoShadowJorg posted...
Goes whitout saying. The fact that it brings up so many people to show their true colors, is pretty telling.

I like how people liking a fictional character shows their "true colors"

Don't you know? Apparently liking a morally grey character makes you a fascist nowadays.

If it was only liking... I'm talking about people who openly support her actions. There are plenty of people here that like her, but won't support her actions.

You supported Dimitri torturing Randolph for the funsies, you hypocrite.
Gordon Freeman is now these hands... i must kill the next boss and live up to full-life consequences!

User Info: superxgaga

superxgaga
1 week ago#27
empireoffire posted...
You supported Dimitri torturing Randolph for the funsies, you hypocrite.
he thinks Randy "deserved" it, hes not a hypocrite, hes just twisted by the idea of justice.
El, give me your blessing! Kingdom, Alliance, Church? I'll kill em all! When I do, you are no longer Kotei-sama, You will be known as Edelgard Megami-Sama!!
NeoElfboy posted...
Micaiah has lots of fans, she literally just won the female side of the last CYL. Corrin a bit less so, of course, but does certainly have fans too.
I actually like Micaiah quite a bit - she was my favorite female lord before Edelgard came out - but I was under the impression she wasn't well-liked?
Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an 'unsatisfactory' mark on your official testing record followed by death. Good luck!

User Info: HayashiTakara

HayashiTakara
1 week ago#29
TekTheNinja posted...

cause Arvis impregnates his sister twice.
NNID: HTakara82 - Add me if you're looking for a good time, lol
NS FC: SW-6233-5661-0820

User Info: MachoPony

MachoPony
1 week ago#30
i say deny because there's a few characters that are just as controversial as her, Arvis and Julius immediately spring to mind.

i think this poll would be quite different with a Genealogy remake. Arvis is a dick yo
Unofficial Hector Fanboy of all Fire Emblem Boards
Official Husbando of Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Dorothea
(edited 1 week ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. C/D: Edelgard is the most controversial FE character to date
  • Post New Message