• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. C/D: Edelgard is the most controversial FE character to date

User Info: katella

katella
6 days ago#1
Is Edelgard the most controversial FE character? - Results (168 votes)
Yes
77.98% (131 votes)
No
22.02% (37 votes)
You must be registered and logged in to vote in this poll.
It used to be Corrin in the spotlight, but for all the wrong reasons. Before Corrin, there were various other main characters under a similar divided spotlight such as Micaiah and so on.

But I’ve been around for quite a while, and from what I’ve seen up to this point, it seems that Edelgard is the biggest source of controversy and remains to be a daily primary talking point of 3H’s story. Seems to me that her writing has sparked recurring waves of black, white, and gray perspectives from the overall audience and after almost a year’s quarter after the game’s release, the symptoms appear to remain perpetual or perhaps even gradually increasing in activity.

What do you think?
Official Wife to the Anti-Existence of Video Game Fanservice ~<3

User Info: superxgaga

superxgaga
6 days ago#2
Of course.
El, give me your blessing! Kingdom, Alliance, Church? I'll kill em all! When I do, you are no longer Kotei-sama, You will be known as Edelgard Megami-Sama!!

User Info: Tluhdatsi

Tluhdatsi
6 days ago#3
This is my first Fire Emblem game, so my experience is limited, but I have to say yes. She is very polarizing.
With a thrill in my head and a pill on my tongue, dissolving the nerves has just begun.
Listening to Lionel, All Night Long, (all night), yeeeah, (all night)...
I would say yes, because unlike Micaiah she has a lot of fans, and unlike Corrin she has fans.
Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an 'unsatisfactory' mark on your official testing record followed by death. Good luck!

User Info: katella

katella
6 days ago#5
Looks like a fact at this rate.
Official Wife to the Anti-Existence of Video Game Fanservice ~<3
Goes whitout saying. The fact that it brings up so many people to show their true colors, is pretty telling.
"Righteousness is like a good sword... just keep it pointed in the right direction."
FC: 3926-8239-0430

User Info: Recon868

Recon868
6 days ago#7
Oh most definitely. I am
actually impressed how much she repeatedly divides the community straight down the middle...

User Info: S0u1

S0u1
6 days ago#8
Honestly it’s good storytelling that people actually rationalise and believe in one path more than the other. The fact that you either hate her or love her indicates that this game has done well in showing that some villains have goals, even if some people don’t agree with what has to be done to achieve those goals. Great character, it’s nice to see that we can choose to side with someone so polarising who’s actions are mostly emotional based rather than the usual fire emblem lord where it’s just “for the people yay!!!!”

User Info: VeraMagna

VeraMagna
6 days ago#9
For now. Just wait until my boy Julius the antichrist is remade. (jk, but I think Arvis would be rather polarising)

User Info: Espectrox

Espectrox
6 days ago#10
Edelgard is a f***ing triumph in terms of writing a character that connects with the user base. It doesnt matter if its for good of bad reasons, people cant stop arguing and then, just like in wrestling, she is in the spotlight all the time. Bravo
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. C/D: Edelgard is the most controversial FE character to date
  • Post New Message