• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. I'm not sure how everyone is saying Edelgard is in the wrong

User Info: Mega_Gardevoir

Mega_Gardevoir
1 week ago#41
I don't get it. Do people really need to discuss this 50+ times?

I have a hard time believing every topic has unique content. There's isn't enough text in the game to even warrant all this discussion.

There isn't anything hard to understand about why people would think starting a war is wrong.
MG

User Info: rukn

rukn
1 week ago#42
Recon868 posted...
rukn posted...
If you are looking for nazi parallels, the Kingdom is full of genocidal maniacs and is headed by the ultimate blue eyed blonde Aryan specimen. Also Germany didn’t start the war, it invaded Poland. The Allies declared war on Germany because they didn’t want to appease Hitler. And Hitler’s motives were very different from Edelgard’s.

Edelgard is using war to destroy the caste system. She is more like Robespierre.

No, the Kingdom isnt full on "genocidal maniacs" and it's headed by a "blue eyed blonde Aryan" who happens to despise racism and entrusts his very life in the hands of a dark skin Duscur.

Yes on a technical level, allies declared war. But as I said, Nazi Germany invaded first. They set off the chain of events. But like the guy above, you are missing my point(I explained on other response)

The Kingdom wiped out a country off the face of the earth. It scapegoated a people then went and systematically destroyed all of them. The people still hold a grudge for every person in Duscur.

And I didn’t miss the point. I was trying to say that Edelgard’s war has a better rationale behind it because she was fighting an unjust system. And she always succeeds in removing Rhea and unifying the continent in every storyline. She deserves credit for those endings because she directly, and intentionally created that opening.

User Info: superxgaga

superxgaga
1 week ago#43
Mega_Gardevoir posted...

I have a hard time believing every topic has unique content. There's isn't enough text in the game to even warrant all this discussion.

There isn't anything hard to understand about why people would think starting a war is wrong.
Hey I'm just here to check-in.
El, give me your blessing! Kingdom, Alliance, Church? I'll kill em all! When I do, you are no longer Kotei-sama, You will be known as Edelgard Megami-Sama!!

User Info: Celica

Celica
1 week ago#44
Mega_Gardevoir posted...

Yeah let’s talk about real issues about the game like the lack of lord-lord interaction.

User Info: Recon868

Recon868
1 week ago#45
rukn posted...
The Kingdom wiped out a country off the face of the earth. It scapegoated a people then went and systematically destroyed all of them. The people still hold a grudge for every person in Duscur.

And I didn’t miss the point. I was trying to say that Edelgard’s war has a better rationale behind it because she was fighting an unjust system. And she always succeeds in removing Rhea and unifying the continent in every storyline. She deserves credit for those endings because she directly, and intentionally created that opening.

Yes but some racist nobility and commanders does not make the people themselves genocidal. But my point isnt even about the Kingdom. I'm not trying to justify their wrongdoings, I'm calling El out for hers and the bad "she caused a better world" defense of her

Edelgard trying to tear down an unjust system does not justify the war she started, nor the destruction of the Church. It does not justify removing Rhea. The crest system is a seperate issue than the Church and Rhea. She used the crest system as a scapegoat to achieve her other goals.

She does not deserve anymore credit than Hitler did with the better world post WW2. Hitler directly caused a war that led to a better world with his downfall. Intention matters not.

User Info: DOTBHDD

DOTBHDD
1 week ago#46
Recon868 posted...
rukn posted...

Yes but some racist nobility and commanders does not make the people themselves genocidal. But my point isnt even about the Kingdom. I'm not trying to justify their wrongdoings, I'm calling El out for hers and the bad "she caused a better world" defense of her

Edelgard trying to tear down an unjust system does not justify the war she started, nor the destruction of the Church. It does not justify removing Rhea. The crest system is a seperate issue than the Church and Rhea. She used the crest system as a scapegoat to achieve her other goals.

She does not deserve anymore credit than Hitler did with the better world post WW2. Hitler directly caused a war that led to a better world with his downfall. Intention matters not.

Edelgard's war is more comparable to the Civil War than WW2.
Remember to attempt showing empathy online over sympathy and apathy. The internet can't solve your mental health issues.

User Info: Recon868

Recon868
1 week ago#47
DOTBHDD posted...
Edelgard's war is more comparable to the Civil War than WW2.

No, it's really not.

Edelgard isn't saving a race of people living in Fodlan. She's destroying a form of a system of nobility as well as extending her reach to destroy Fodlan's primary religion. She consumes the continent in war and death to destroy a freaking nobility system...

User Info: kollie89

kollie89
1 week ago#48
Zeveria posted...
kollie89 posted...
Of all things to say defending her...using her one path in the game that goes out of its way to make her in the right while also immediately making Rhea a horrible monster worthy of Edelgards hate to justify siding with her is a pretty weak thing to say.

Honestly, Rhea's actions in CF felt in line to what I first saw of her as Seiros. She looked like a deranged psychopath who had little regard for the lives of her companions and was out for vengeance.

Rhea is attacked by Edelgard(who also attacks Byleth and the students of they choose to intervene, which they do) who then gives you an ultimatum to join her without fully explaining what the hells going on, and if you choose to join her Rhea turns on a dime and instantly becomes a villain.

The game then does everything it can to make Rhea be as evil as possible To justify Edelgard being racist towards her kind and basically doing everything in her power to hunt her down and murder her. Rhea has her problems, and her my way or the highway approach to the church is an issue, but even Jeralt admits being suspicious of her might have been unnecessary....until you side against her and then she’s roaring at you in dragon form and justifying Edelgard calling her a monster than needs put down

Edelgard even lies to the other students and says the church is behind the javelin attacks so she can rally them easier to go kill rhea, which isn’t a problem by itself and kinda interesting...until the game validates the lies and makes Rhea a loon who burns down the kingdom capital just so Edelgard can continue to say “see I told you she’s a monster!”

Like if you like Edelgard that’s perfectly fine, but let’s not pretend she doesn’t betray Rhea and attempt to take everything from her, hunt her across the world to kill her like a rabid animal and use misinformation and lies to talk her friends into go along with all of it like an angry crowd. In other routes Rhea is captured and tortured by Edelgard and the empire....but Rhea can’t be sympathetic this time so let’s just have her go completely off the deep end and justify every action Edelgard takes
https://m.imgur.com/a/kF9tE
https://m.imgur.com/a/VmlFu

User Info: rukn

rukn
1 week ago#49
Recon868 posted...
rukn posted...

If your goal is to get rid of the church and unify Fodlan, and you create a process that leads to this then you arguably deserve some credit.

User Info: HayashiTakara

HayashiTakara
1 week ago#50
rukn posted...
Recon868 posted...
rukn posted...
If you are looking for nazi parallels, the Kingdom is full of genocidal maniacs and is headed by the ultimate blue eyed blonde Aryan specimen. Also Germany didn’t start the war, it invaded Poland. The Allies declared war on Germany because they didn’t want to appease Hitler. And Hitler’s motives were very different from Edelgard’s.

Edelgard is using war to destroy the caste system. She is more like Robespierre.

No, the Kingdom isnt full on "genocidal maniacs" and it's headed by a "blue eyed blonde Aryan" who happens to despise racism and entrusts his very life in the hands of a dark skin Duscur.

Yes on a technical level, allies declared war. But as I said, Nazi Germany invaded first. They set off the chain of events. But like the guy above, you are missing my point(I explained on other response)

you only played crimson flower didn't you?
NNID: HTakara82 - Add me if you're looking for a good time, lol
NS FC: SW-6233-5661-0820
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. I'm not sure how everyone is saying Edelgard is in the wrong
  • Topic Archived