• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. I'm not sure how everyone is saying Edelgard is in the wrong

User Info: AvantgardeAClue

AvantgardeAClue
1 week ago#31
A lot of people are coming from the other two routes, where she is especially naughty.

Personally if most of she said about the Church was deception then I'd have a harder time supporting her.

But it's not, so she's muh Empress
Sometimes I say things and I'm not voice acting.

User Info: superxgaga

superxgaga
1 week ago#32
One thing i noticed people like to throw around is that "oh we didnt need this war, everything woulda worked out eventually"
Lets remember the 2 monarchs who tried to reform peacefully, I donno if Lambert or Ionius's intentions were noble or not. They tried to make drastic changes in their perspective countries. One of them died in an assassination, and the other suffered a coup that would make him a puppet who watches helplessly as all of his children locked up, beaten and murdered. People can argue its the work of the twistd, but most what they did was influence the nobles, they could not have done it alone, there are many many nobles dont want any kind of reform, they want to keep their wealth, power and livelihood.

Edelgard commented on Dimitri would've had a joyful life as a benevolent ruler in peaceful time in CF chapter 17 . Then people go "lol she started the damn war!" Did we truly have peace before or just an illusion of peace? Was it such a peaceful time that a young prince would lose his parents and best friend to murdering thugs at the age of 12, was it such a peaceful time that same prince had to go suppress many rebellions, forced to kill and begin to enjoy killing at the age of 15? It's about damn time someone come out and said "if this this what passes around as peaceful time, I dont fking want it!"

Say what you will about the war, We have a better fodlan thanks to it, no matter which route you take.
El, give me your blessing! Kingdom, Alliance, Church? I'll kill em all! When I do, you are no longer Kotei-sama, You will be known as Edelgard Megami-Sama!!

superxgaga
1 week ago#33
AvantgardeAClue posted...
A lot of people are coming from the other two routes, where she is especially naughty.

Personally if most of she said about the Church was deception then I'd have a harder time supporting her.

But it's not, so she's muh Empress
emperor, sir!
unless she passes the crown to you and u marry her then sure empress.
El, give me your blessing! Kingdom, Alliance, Church? I'll kill em all! When I do, you are no longer Kotei-sama, You will be known as Edelgard Megami-Sama!!

User Info: Recon868

Recon868
1 week ago#34
superxgaga posted...
One thing i noticed people like to throw around is that "oh we didnt need this war, everything woulda worked out eventually"
Lets remember the 2 monarchs who tried to reform peacefully, I donno if Lambert or Ionius's intentions were noble or not. They tried to make drastic changes in their perspective countries. One of them died in an assassination, and the other suffered a coup that would make him a puppet who watches helplessly as all of his children locked up, beaten and murdered. People can argue its the work of the twistd, but most what they did was influence the nobles, they could not have done it alone, there are many many nobles dont want any kind of reform, they want to keep their wealth, power and livelihood.

Edelgard commented on Dimitri would've had a joyful life as a benevolent ruler in peaceful time in CF chapter 17 . Then people go "lol she started the damn war!" Did we truly have peace before or just an illusion of peace? Was it such a peaceful time that a young prince would lose his parents and best friend to murdering thugs at the age of 12, was it such a peaceful time that same prince had to go suppress many rebellions, forced to kill and begin to enjoy killing at the age of 15? It's about damn time someone come out and said "if this this what passes around as peaceful time, I dont fking want it!"

Say what you will about the war, We have a better fodlan thanks to it, no matter which route you take.

We have a much better world "thanks" to Nazi Germany invading Europe and Imperial Japan consuming east and southeast Asia. These horrific powers initiated the chain of events that changed the world drastically for the better.

This doesn't mean they were doing a good thing, or that we should thank them. No one should thank Edelgard and Adrestia for lighting up the continent in flames. Especially to topple a freaking nobility system...

User Info: DOTBHDD

DOTBHDD
1 week ago#35
Recon868 posted...
superxgaga posted...

We have a much better world "thanks" to Nazi Germany invading Europe and Imperial Japan consuming east and southeast Asia. These horrific powers initiated the chain of events that changed the world drastically for the better.

This doesn't mean they were doing a good thing, or that we should thank them. No one should thank Edelgard and Adrestia for lighting up the continent in flames. Especially to topple a freaking nobility system...

But Edelgard is fighting for equality. Why compare her to a Nazi?
Remember to attempt showing empathy online over sympathy and apathy. The internet can't solve your mental health issues.

User Info: HayashiTakara

HayashiTakara
1 week ago#36
DOTBHDD posted...
Recon868 posted...
superxgaga posted...

her ideas of equality is superficial. the system she has in place will be that of merit, which is good. but the problem is, the world isn't equal. Nobles stay nobles because they have the means to an environment that fosters growth to lead. There will be few exceptions for those who are smart enough to put money aside to able to afford an education to move ahead in life, but the vast majority will stay exactly where they are.
NNID: HTakara82 - Add me if you're looking for a good time, lol
NS FC: SW-6233-5661-0820

User Info: rukn

rukn
1 week ago#37
Recon868 posted...
superxgaga posted...

If you are looking for nazi parallels, the Kingdom is full of genocidal maniacs and is headed by the ultimate blue eyed blonde Aryan specimen. Also Germany didn’t start the war, it invaded Poland. The Allies declared war on Germany because they didn’t want to appease Hitler. And Hitler’s motives were very different from Edelgard’s.

Edelgard is using war to destroy the caste system. She is more like Robespierre.

Recon868
1 week ago#38
DOTBHDD posted...

She's fighting for her ideals which are more than just meritocracy...

But you missed my point. I was critiquing the train of logic that was used above, not saying Edelgard is as evil as Hitler. A better future doesnt justify horrible acts. Edelgard's actions do result in change for Fodlan on the other routes, but Edelgard isnt justified because of that.

Recon868
1 week ago#39
rukn posted...
If you are looking for nazi parallels, the Kingdom is full of genocidal maniacs and is headed by the ultimate blue eyed blonde Aryan specimen. Also Germany didn’t start the war, it invaded Poland. The Allies declared war on Germany because they didn’t want to appease Hitler. And Hitler’s motives were very different from Edelgard’s.

Edelgard is using war to destroy the caste system. She is more like Robespierre.

No, the Kingdom isnt full on "genocidal maniacs" and it's headed by a "blue eyed blonde Aryan" who happens to despise racism and entrusts his very life in the hands of a dark skin Duscur.

Yes on a technical level, allies declared war. But as I said, Nazi Germany invaded first. They set off the chain of events. But like the guy above, you are missing my point(I explained on other response)

superxgaga
1 week ago#40
Recon868 posted...
She's fighting for her ideals which are more than just meritocracy...

But you missed my point. I was critiquing the train of logic that was used above, not saying Edelgard is as evil as Hitler. A better future doesnt justify horrible acts. Edelgard's actions do result in change for Fodlan on the other routes, but Edelgard isnt justified because of that.
Then what is the ideals she fights for?
I genuinely believe she puts herself last, she is a person who renounced her temptations and needs and worked only in the interests of others. And that interest is a future that she herself might not even lived to see with her shortened life.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. I'm not sure how everyone is saying Edelgard is in the wrong
  • Topic Archived