• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. I'm not sure how everyone is saying Edelgard is in the wrong

User Info: jloweis

jloweis
1 week ago#271
DiogoShadowJorg posted...
They are evil or corrupt at least, obviously, although it's a lesser form of evil, than the ones who kill innocent people.

They are evil nonetheless though. Why shouldn't I kill them for that if it's evil?

Who defines what evil is? Do you?
"And if you think I'm wrong, think again, because it is, in fact, my opinion."

User Info: DiogoShadowJorg

DiogoShadowJorg
1 week ago#272
VeraMagna posted...
katella posted...
Arguing with Diogo is fruitless after a certain point. All you need to do is expose his twisted personality enough and leave it at that. Reasoning with a psychopath is pointless beyond that.

Lol. I'm a psychopath for wanting evil people to die... get over yourself.

Also, you can't expose what isn't there in the first place, for I'm righteous person, through and through.

The earth is round. Even if the whole world believes that the earth is flat, the earth is still round. There are measurements of its curvature and other quantifiable qualities. Even if there is no human left on earth, the earth still curves as certainly as it has no edge.

If you are truly righteous as you claim, state the measurements of your righteousness. Then, include a method to prove that your righteousness does not depend on the existence of human sentience.

That's a simple one. I make donations and do volunteer work now and then, and help people worthy of my help when I'm capable of.

I don't need one though. Doing good actions with good intentions is all that matters to be good. Sapience only exists so we can grasp this truth, that's why we can understand good and evil better than animals do.

There's no proper measurement for it, because all you have to be, is to be a decent person. And all that takes, is usually to not sin.

They are evil nonetheless though. Why shouldn't I kill them for that if it's evil?

Who defines what evil is? Do you?

Because it's wrong. You can't kill someone who didn't kill anyone. It would be disproportionate retribution. Also, unlike higher forms of evil, they can still become decent people and erase their sins completely by paying in full what they stole.

Evil is defined by wrong doing. You don't need anyone to define it.
"Righteousness is like a good sword... just keep it pointed in the right direction."
FC: 3926-8239-0430

jloweis
1 week ago#273
Because it's wrong. You can't kill someone who didn't kill anyone. It would be disproportionate retribution. Also, unlike higher forms of evil, they can still become decent people and erase their sins completely by paying in full what they stole.

Why can't a person who has killed also become 'decent' people? True, they can't repay, does that mean they cannot become 'decent' people?

What is wrong then? How do you know what is right and wrong?

DiogoShadowJorg
1 week ago#274
jloweis posted...

Why can't a person who has killed also become 'decent' people? True, they can't repay, does that mean they cannot become 'decent' people?

What is wrong doing then?

Of course not. They have crossed a line, and once you cross the line, you can never become a decent person ever again, no matter how much you regret it. Sins of Edelgard's magnitute are unforgivable.

That's simple. Hurting innocent and good people.
"Righteousness is like a good sword... just keep it pointed in the right direction."

jloweis
1 week ago#275
Of course not. They have crossed a line, and once you cross the line, you can never become a decent person ever again, no matter how much you regret it. Sins of Edelgard's magnitute are unforgivable.

That's rather harsh, don't you think? What gives you the right to determine whether someone is decent? Are you perfect?

You can hurt someone without killing them, and in some cases you can't replace.

User Info: VeraMagna

VeraMagna
1 week ago#276
There's no proper measurement for it, because all you have to be, is to be a decent person. And all that takes, is usually to not sin.

If it can't be measured then it is subjective. If it is subjective then it is not absolute. If you refute this then please scour the internet regarding the value of subjectivity. Mayhap you'll be surprised to find that the entire world is already against you. Good day.

DiogoShadowJorg
1 week ago#277
VeraMagna posted...

If it can't be measured then it is subjective. If it is subjective then it is not absolute. If you refute this then please scour the internet regarding the value of subjectivity. Mayhap you'll be surprised to find that the entire world is already against you. Good day.

No, it's not. It's objective, it always was. The definition of subjective says nothing against what I said. It can't be measured, because it's like the universe itself. Can you measure the universe? No? I thought as much.

Good day to you too. Hope you being wrong doesn't sour your day.

DiogoShadowJorg
1 week ago#278
jloweis posted...

That's rather harsh, don't you think? What gives you the right to determine whether someone is decent? Are you perfect?

You can hurt someone without killing them, and in some cases you can't replace.

There's nothing harsh about killing people who kill innocents and start unjustified wars.

I'm not perfect, but I know fully well, that I never sinned. What gives me the right? That's easy, the fact that I'm a righteous person who stands for true justice.

Exactly, and if for those cases where you can't replace, obviously, severe setences would have to be applied.

jloweis
1 week ago#279
Can you measure the universe?

Technically yes.

User Info: katella

katella
1 week ago#280
VeraMagna posted...

No, it's not. It's objective, it always was. The definition of subjective says nothing against what I said. It can't be measured, because it's like the universe itself. Can you measure the universe? No? I thought as much.

Good day to you too. Hope you being wrong doesn't sour your day.

You are subjective by definition. I’ve rarely seen anyone ever agree with you. Good day.
Official Wife to the Anti-Existence of Video Game Fanservice ~<3
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. I'm not sure how everyone is saying Edelgard is in the wrong
  • Topic Archived