• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. I'm not sure how everyone is saying Edelgard is in the wrong

User Info: katella

katella
1 week ago#261
Arguing with Diogo is fruitless after a certain point. All you need to do is expose his twisted personality enough and leave it at that. Reasoning with a psychopath is pointless beyond that.
Official Wife to the Anti-Existence of Video Game Fanservice ~<3

User Info: Ninjaed

Ninjaed
1 week ago#262
zumaddy posted...
https://i.imgtc.ws/f1ZbSSC.png

Why is that so fitting?!
#BringGoldenSunBack - We love the series for a reason, give it a try :)
Trials of Mana 3D remake on switch confirmed! Go Riesz for Smash!!

User Info: jloweis

jloweis
1 week ago#263
Ninjaed posted...
Evil and good are social constructs. In truth, they don't exist.

I don't think you can define good and evil that simply. If they don't exist, then Hitler did nothing wrong and Mother Teresa did nothing right, they simply lived and did what the chemicals in their head told them to do.

@DiogoShadowJorg Have you ever sinned?
"And if you think I'm wrong, think again, because it is, in fact, my opinion."

User Info: DiogoShadowJorg

DiogoShadowJorg
1 week ago#264
jloweis posted...
Ninjaed posted...
Evil and good are social constructs. In truth, they don't exist.

I don't think you can define good and evil that simply. If they don't exist, then Hitler did nothing wrong and Mother Teresa did nothing right, they simply lived and did what the chemicals in their head told them to do.

@DiogoShadowJorg Have you ever sinned?

No. I have yet to kill any innocent people or do anything similiar, and I intend to keep being that way until the day I die. Otherwise, I will make sure to kill myself.
"Righteousness is like a good sword... just keep it pointed in the right direction."
FC: 3926-8239-0430

DiogoShadowJorg
1 week ago#265
katella posted...
Arguing with Diogo is fruitless after a certain point. All you need to do is expose his twisted personality enough and leave it at that. Reasoning with a psychopath is pointless beyond that.

Lol. I'm a psychopath for wanting evil people to die... get over yourself.

Also, you can't expose what isn't there in the first place, for I'm righteous person, through and through.
"Righteousness is like a good sword... just keep it pointed in the right direction."

jloweis
1 week ago#266
DiogoShadowJorg posted...
No. I have yet to kill any innocent people or do anything similiar, and I intend to keep being that way until the day I die. Otherwise, I will make sure to kill myself.

Do you think evil is simply killing people? Wouldn't lying be evil? Or stealing?

DiogoShadowJorg
1 week ago#267
jloweis posted...

Do you think evil is simply killing people? Wouldn't lying be evil? Or stealing?

Not at all. White lies are righteous and should be encouraged. As for stealing, that depends on whatever you paid for what you stole in the short run. Insignificant things like that can easily be redeemed for and erased completely, specially since both can be justified. Stealing from thieves for instance, is justified. Lying to an evil doer is obviously, justified as well.

Calling someone evil just because they told a small lie or stole something of insignificant value is also pretty extreme.

Evil isn't merely killing people. Killing evil doers for instance, is rigtheous. Evil is about ruining innocent lives willing and directly for one's selfish purposes.

jloweis
1 week ago#268
jloweis posted...

Not at all. White lies are righteous and should be encouraged. As for stealing, that depends on whatever you paid for what you stole in the short run. Insignificant things like that can easily be redeemed for and erased completely, specially since both can be justified. Stealing from thieves for instance, is justified. Lying to an evil doer is obviously, justified as well.

I'm not talking white lies or stealing from thieves, I'm talking about doing them maliciously. And how are white lies righteous?

Evil isn't merely killing people. Killing evil doers for instance, is rigtheous. Evil is about ruining innocent lives willing and directly for one's selfish purposes.

By that definition of evil, are there not other ways you could commit evil besides killing?

Calling someone evil just because they told a small lie or stole something of insignificant value is also pretty extreme.

Who says it's extreme? Why is it not evil?

DiogoShadowJorg
1 week ago#269
jloweis posted...
jloweis posted...

I'm not talking white lies or stealing from thieves, I'm talking about doing them maliciously. And how are white lies righteous?

They are evil or corrupt at least, obviously, although it's a lesser form of evil, than the ones who kill innocent people. Those who kill innocents, deserve a very severe setence, like the death penalty or a life setence. While those who steal or scam others, deserve a lighter one, specially true if the value stolen is of insignificant value. Also, unlike those who kill or do other less pleasant crimes of similiar nature, those can still redeem themselves and become white moral people.

That's an obvious question. White lies are called such, because one is lying to protect an innocent from an evil one.

User Info: VeraMagna

VeraMagna
1 week ago#270
katella posted...

Lol. I'm a psychopath for wanting evil people to die... get over yourself.

Also, you can't expose what isn't there in the first place, for I'm righteous person, through and through.

The earth is round. Even if the whole world believes that the earth is flat, the earth is still round. There are measurements of its curvature and other quantifiable qualities. Even if there is no human left on earth, the earth still curves as certainly as it has no edge.

If you are truly righteous as you claim, state the measurements of your righteousness. Then, include a method to prove that your righteousness does not depend on the existence of human sentience.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. I'm not sure how everyone is saying Edelgard is in the wrong
  • Topic Archived