• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. I'm not sure how everyone is saying Edelgard is in the wrong

User Info: VeraMagna

VeraMagna
1 week ago#251
DiogoShadowJorg posted...
Protian posted...
I love this mindset:

If you go around killing everyone who disagrees with you it turns out you were right all along!

Not really. Killing people just because they disagree with you, rather than a more justified reason, would make one evil by default. You don't kill people just because you feel like it, or because they have different views. You kill them if they are evil or a direct threat to justice.

How about I kill you and everybody in the world that believes killing you is evil. Then I'll educate children about how killing you is justified. Boom, no disagreement against me. I'm justice now. Who's going to tell me that I'm evil?

User Info: DiogoShadowJorg

DiogoShadowJorg
1 week ago#252
VeraMagna posted...
Protian posted...
I love this mindset:

If you go around killing everyone who disagrees with you it turns out you were right all along!

Not really. Killing people just because they disagree with you, rather than a more justified reason, would make one evil by default. You don't kill people just because you feel like it, or because they have different views. You kill them if they are evil or a direct threat to justice.

How about I kill you and everybody in the world that believes killing you is evil. Then I'll educate children about how killing you is justified. Boom, no disagreement against me. I'm justice now. Who's going to tell me that I'm evil?

Simple. Your actions. It doesn't matter if you kill everyone, since that would only prove that you are evil, killing righteous and innocent people is a sin. Your actions by themselves would prove that you are evil no matter what lies you claim. Only the truth matters to determine who is evil and who is good. And if you are going to lie to pretend you are good, then obviously, you aren't.

Also, I don't care if I die, as long I stand for what is right.
"Righteousness is like a good sword... just keep it pointed in the right direction."
FC: 3926-8239-0430

VeraMagna
1 week ago#253
VeraMagna posted...
Protian posted...
I love this mindset:

Simple. Your actions. It doesn't matter if you kill everyone, since that would only prove that you are evil, killing righteous and innocent people is a sin. Your actions by themselves would prove that you are evil no matter what lies you claim. Only the truth matters to determine who is evil and who is good. And if you are going to lie to pretend you are good, then obviously, you aren't.

My actions can't speak.

DiogoShadowJorg
1 week ago#254
VeraMagna posted...
VeraMagna posted...
Protian posted...
I love this mindset:

My actions can't speak.

They don't need to. They show one's character. If you are going to kill innocents, then it makes you an evil doer at least, no matter what lies you spin to make oneself to look better before others.
"Righteousness is like a good sword... just keep it pointed in the right direction."

VeraMagna
1 week ago#255
VeraMagna posted...
VeraMagna posted...
Protian posted...
I love this mindset:

My actions can't speak.

They don't need to. They show one's character. If you are going to kill innocents, then it makes you an evil doer at least, no matter what lies you spin to make oneself to look better before others.

Every human on that earth still think I'm right regardless.

DiogoShadowJorg
1 week ago#256
VeraMagna posted...
VeraMagna posted...
VeraMagna posted...
Protian posted...
I love this mindset:

My actions can't speak.

So? Everysingle human on Earth would be wrong by default, no matter what they think.

User Info: Ninjaed

Ninjaed
1 week ago#257
Only the truth matters to determine who is evil and who is good.

Evil and good are social constructs. In truth, they don't exist.

Since they've been socially constructed though, they do matter now. But what if everyone and everything that states "evil is this, good is that" were to die or be destroyed? Nothing would remain of this former construct of "good & evil". One would then be able to construct new ones with different definitions, and they would be just as correct.

What people fail to realise is that, even though the labels are the same, the concepts behind aren't as they respond to different definitions. Your justice is not my justice. Most of the time they can be as that's what our society has ingrained in us, but sometimes they aren't due to differing personal experiences, and that is when conflict arrises as we both want right, but our right is the other's wrong.
#BringGoldenSunBack - We love the series for a reason, give it a try :)
Trials of Mana 3D remake on switch confirmed! Go Riesz for Smash!!

VeraMagna
1 week ago#258
Ninjaed posted...
Only the truth matters to determine who is evil and who is good.

Evil and good are social constructs. In truth, they don't exist.

Since they've been socially constructed though, they do matter now. But what if everyone and everything that states "evil is this, good is that" were to die or be destroyed? Nothing would remain of this former construct of "good & evil". One would then be able to construct new ones with different definitions, and they would be just as correct.

What people fail to realise is that, even though the labels are the same, the concepts behind aren't as they respond to different definitions. Your justice is not my justice. Most of the time they can be as that's what our society has ingrained in us, but sometimes they aren't due to differing personal experiences, and that is when conflict arrises as we both want right, but our right is the other's wrong.

Just give up man. I said those exact words yesterday. This thing thinks it's an omniscient god or something that will always be present to preach human of his absolute justice. I'm just here to see how far gone it is. My next milestone is to get it to write down a confession that it's god himself.

VeraMagna
1 week ago#259
VeraMagna posted...
VeraMagna posted...
VeraMagna posted...
Protian posted...

My actions can't speak.

So? Everysingle human on Earth would be wrong by default, no matter what they think.

You must be daft. Well I knew you were daft long ago anyway. So tell me how anyone would know that they're wrong in that scenario?

User Info: zumaddy

zumaddy
1 week ago#260
https://i.imgtc.ws/f1ZbSSC.png
Magcargo is love, Magcargo is life
Playing: Smash Bros, Fire Emblem Three Houses, Final Fantasy X
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. I'm not sure how everyone is saying Edelgard is in the wrong
  • Topic Archived