• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. I'm not sure how everyone is saying Edelgard is in the wrong

User Info: goodJT

goodJT
1 week ago#241
Tenzen12 posted...
Edie is only one unfit lead

You do realise that El knows that, right?
AKA Tykronos/Ryltex, The Glass Wraith Of Gamefaqs.
Hoping to be a Therapist/Counsellor for the Three Houses Cast, they really need one badly.

User Info: RJ1771

RJ1771
1 week ago#242
Just as a friendly reminder...
The Edelgard Critics and Edelgard Defenders have been having the exact same argument with the exact same people while raising the exact same points across countless topics for over two months straight...and there's absolutely no end in sight. :D
I'm tired of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with them later.

User Info: Ninjaed

Ninjaed
1 week ago#243
RJ1771 posted...
The Edelgard Critics and Edelgard Defenders have been having the exact same argument with the exact same people while raising the exact same points across countless topics for over two months straight...and there's absolutely no end in sight. :D

That's what I noticed, so I kinda stopped now. I'm just chiming in here and there without writing paragraphs because it doesn't even matter anymore when some people unironically say "Edelgard did nothing wrong" (or rather, has nothing to atone for) or "the Church is the greatest evil, bigger still than TWSITD". I think some also said "Rhea did nothing wrong" with is just as false.
#BringGoldenSunBack - We love the series for a reason, give it a try :)
Trials of Mana 3D remake on switch confirmed! Go Riesz for Smash!!

User Info: ifnsman

ifnsman
1 week ago#244
Ninjaed posted...
RJ1771 posted...

That's what I noticed, so I kinda stopped now. I'm just chiming in here and there without writing paragraphs because it doesn't even matter anymore when some people unironically say "Edelgard did nothing wrong" (or rather, has nothing to atone for) or "the Church is the greatest evil, bigger still than TWSITD". I think some also said "Rhea did nothing wrong" with is just as false.

Well, I mean there are still people who say "Zamasu did nothing wrong". Not even as a joke.
8/6/2018: 32nd Anniversary of the Metroid series / https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFsaehtn-z4 (Woot!!)

User Info: Protian

Protian
1 week ago#245
I love this mindset:

If you go around killing everyone who disagrees with you it turns out you were right all along!

User Info: FaroresWinds

FaroresWinds
1 week ago#246
Ninjaed posted...
RJ1771 posted...

I've done less "debating" myself for that very reason. Just the occasional, "but what about this?" but that still gets thrown out the window, so it's kind of become whatever at this point. Because let's be real, everyone screwed up somehow and also did some good somehow but lots of people don't seem to like that

User Info: Total_Panda

Total_Panda
1 week ago#247
Protian posted...
I love this mindset:

If you go around killing everyone who disagrees with you it turns out you were right all along!

Theres a reason for the saying 'History is written by the victors".
Undertale was a bad game.

User Info: Ninjaed

Ninjaed
1 week ago#248
FaroresWinds posted...
I've done less "debating" myself for that very reason. Just the occasional, "but what about this?" but that still gets thrown out the window, so it's kind of become whatever at this point. Because let's be real, everyone screwed up somehow and also did some good somehow but lots of people don't seem to like that

They want grey while at the same time thinking in terms of black and white.
That's what happens with Rhea: she's bad for controlling the people, but she's also bad for not controlling the people. So which is it? She can't do both 100% at the same time.

Thing is, she's grey for doing a little bit of both. She spun lies to prevent hatred post-war-of-heroes but should've come out clean so many years ago. Then she hardly ever intervened, mostly only if the Church or its followers were attacked... too passive, which let TWSITD do what they wanted.

That's why I like Rhea. I truly think she's the most interesting character in the game. She's genuinely a good person but doesn't have the required skillset to occupy such a position of power - and she knows it too. While that doesn't excuse her mistakes, that also doesn't justify branding her as pure evil. She's made mistakes but did a lot of good too. They can't go black and white when things aren't cut & dried.
#BringGoldenSunBack - We love the series for a reason, give it a try :)
Trials of Mana 3D remake on switch confirmed! Go Riesz for Smash!!

User Info: jloweis

jloweis
1 week ago#249
Ninjaed posted...
RJ1771 posted...

Same. I don't really see a point to debating anymore, one's opinions of the game mirrors their views in real life, so changing their opinion on the matter is quite difficult, hence debating such people will only bring up political, moral and religious arguments, which I do not enjoy.
"And if you think I'm wrong, think again, because it is, in fact, my opinion."

User Info: DiogoShadowJorg

DiogoShadowJorg
1 week ago#250
Protian posted...
I love this mindset:

Not really. Killing people just because they disagree with you, rather than a more justified reason, would make one evil by default. You don't kill people just because you feel like it, or because they have different views. You kill them if they are evil or a direct threat to justice.
"Righteousness is like a good sword... just keep it pointed in the right direction."
FC: 3926-8239-0430
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. I'm not sure how everyone is saying Edelgard is in the wrong
  • Topic Archived