• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. I'm not sure how everyone is saying Edelgard is in the wrong

User Info: HayashiTakara

HayashiTakara
1 week ago#21
Poison-puffs posted...
3 out of 4 routes she’s wrong

yeah mean 4 out of 4.... when you actually know the truth and listen to the dribble that comes out of her mouth, face keeps hitting desk repeatedly
NNID: HTakara82 - Add me if you're looking for a good time, lol
NS FC: SW-6233-5661-0820

User Info: DOTBHDD

DOTBHDD
1 week ago#22
People who dislike Edelgard are becoming increasingly more annoying.
Remember to attempt showing empathy online over sympathy and apathy. The internet can't solve your mental health issues.

User Info: rukn

rukn
1 week ago#23
Edelgard is the only ruler who deals with Fodlan’s unjust caste system with the urgency it deserves. Everyone else is sitting in a nice comfy place where they are complicit in the system, but just not complicit enough to feel morally impure. The church is spinning a narrative that helps the nobility but it’s not like Rhea created the nobility. Dimitri is sitting on top of a genocidal abusive regime but hey he isn’t involved in those crimes hell he has his brown retainer Dedue telling him how great he is and how the Kingdom’s racism is understandable. Claude would like to put a leash on the Alliance nobility but hey he doesn’t want bloodshed and believes in consensus.

User Info: ljyii98

ljyii98
1 week ago#24
People who pretty much have the “edelgard did nothing wrong” mindset and like to paint the other lords in the worst light are also becoming increasingly annoying

User Info: Tenzen12

Tenzen12
1 week ago#25
Crest system suck, but it's not as terrible as Edelgard make it. Remove TWSitD and Fodlan became 500% better place even Crest system would resolve itself naturally.

It doesn't help Edie has HUGE confirmation bias and God complex. Not good combination

User Info: DOTBHDD

DOTBHDD
1 week ago#26
ljyii98 posted...
People who pretty much have the “edelgard did nothing wrong” mindset and like to paint the other lords in the worst light are also becoming increasingly annoying

Who the hell is saying Edelgard did NOTHING wrong? Anyone who says that shouldn't be taken seriously in the first place. If anything, the number of people blowing up Edelgard's actions out of proportion heavily out number any fan that says Edelgard did NOTHING wrong.

She starts a war and teams up with her enemies (to later destroy them) for the advantage. Bad s*** but like c'mon. Y'all are going nuts.
Remember to attempt showing empathy online over sympathy and apathy. The internet can't solve your mental health issues.

User Info: Holy7777

Holy7777
1 week ago#27
BE-E : the crest are too blame , her S rank from beginning of her own route until the end of her route. Sensi don’t leave me

Church : Mommy issue and Mommy you came and Mommy let’s get married.

BL : El , i am gonna kill you , El i am gonna **** you , El I forgive you , El let’s go back like old time , El why did you died , El, El ,El!!!!

GD : Meme , can anyone provide me with a decent challenge at the final battle and CIAO suckers!!! at the end.
PSN ID : ShaoNanase ( US ) , FC : 2426-9390-7905
Playing : FE3H , Raiden V ( Switch ) , Aion , Blade&Soul

User Info: Stefan1277

Stefan1277
1 week ago#28
sirhett posted...
When if you choose her path it's pretty clear she's in the right. What's the big deal?

There's a few things that I've noticed.

The first one is IS's mistake on making it a short route not explaining more or giving time to develop the themes in the route. We learn that they defeated TWSITD and that Edelgard created a new Fodlan successfully, but we never learn how exactly.

The other problem is that she had a radical change to the system, while Dimitri embraces the flawed system since the Kingdom owes everything to it and Claude bases it all on idealism without thinking about consequences. Neither of them change the system much, so there's not much to explain except believing they will do better while not really doing away with the social issues.

The last one is people lingering on this topic while the two statements above are present. They know the route is rushed, they know she's the only one with a radical view of change and yet they still throw dirt at her ideals. They never stop because of IS's mistake on development or even stop to think about how Dimitri changes nothing, basking on status quo and Claude's naive views of the world can send Fodlan into a new, bigger war.

Zeveria posted...
kollie89 posted...
Of all things to say defending her...using her one path in the game that goes out of its way to make her in the right while also immediately making Rhea a horrible monster worthy of Edelgards hate to justify siding with her is a pretty weak thing to say.

Honestly, Rhea's actions in CF felt in line to what I first saw of her as Seiros. She looked like a deranged psychopath who had little regard for the lives of her companions and was out for vengeance.

The fact that she turns on you immediately for not wanting to kill a child you spend months training says a lot about her. She has a good reason to feel resentment towards humanity, but it is very clear she values them little and wants to enforce her laws into them. Most people only see her hips so they really don't care about her methods. She smiles at you and decapitates people that don't agree with her on the back.
Gamefaqs users in one article:
http://www.cracked.com/blog/4-behaviors-modern-world-only-making-worse/

User Info: ljyii98

ljyii98
1 week ago#29
DOTBHDD posted...
Who the hell is saying Edelgard did NOTHING wrong? Anyone who says that shouldn't be taken seriously in the first place. If anything, the number of people blowing up Edelgard's actions out of proportion heavily out number any fan that says Edelgard did NOTHING wrong.

She starts a war and teams up with her enemies (to later destroy them) for the advantage. Bad s*** but like c'mon. Y'all are going nuts.
Sorry, I exaggerated.

User Info: Zangetsu333

Zangetsu333
1 week ago#30
Tenzen12 posted...
Crest system suck, but it's not as terrible as Edelgard make it. Remove TWSitD and Fodlan became 500% better place even Crest system would resolve itself naturally.

It doesn't help Edie has HUGE confirmation bias and God complex. Not good combination

Yeah crests aren't even all that common in Fodlan. It just seems like a bigger deal than it is because the academy is where a disproportionate amount of youths with crests end up because they're the ones well off enough to actually get in easily. Some people even mention at points that crests are becoming rarer in families and that the bloodlines are thinning out.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. I'm not sure how everyone is saying Edelgard is in the wrong
  • Topic Archived