• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. C/D: Maddening is lazily designed

User Info: New_Gen_Zero_2

New_Gen_Zero_2
3 weeks ago#1
Is it - Results (203 votes)
Confirm
47.78% (97 votes)
Deny
52.22% (106 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Topic

User Info: legendarylemur

legendarylemur
3 weeks ago#2
Honestly? Not really lol. Maddening without any jingles (not even the DLC stat boosters which makes one of your units insanely good at all point in the game) is completely doable, and battling in your free time frequently becomes more worth doing over gaining more motivation and getting better classes earlier
"Iwata was awesome" - Mr. Nintendo
https://i.imgtc.com/7dRrfE1.jpg

User Info: Binkster

Binkster
3 weeks ago#3
Not lazy, but could’ve had a little more thought put into it.
"Not to sway your opinion, but... You? Me? Golden Deer? We could be great together." Claude von Reigan (FE:Three Houses)
Official Claude of FETH Board

User Info: warriorman222

warriorman222
3 weeks ago#4
Confirm, but it's still better than nothing.

Look, I'm just saying they could've put more effort than boosted stats, STRs, 3 extra enemies per map and some skills. Give us the occasional Combat Art, or standout skill, or more weird weapons like Rapier heroes to beat horses or Mini Bow Snipers to forcefully chip even CQC units.

It could be said that it would be annoying to check every unit veggie starting a fight, which is why it could be an idea to give ever unit with a unique skillset the General passive which automatically marks them as a miniboss, or give them s battalion with immediately marks them as worth checking out anyways.
How to not care: http://i.imgur.com/G3hKKOO.png How to say no: http://i.imgur.com/J0YBPHP.png
3DS FC: 3866-8698-4754

User Info: Endgame

Endgame
3 weeks ago#5
Confirm.

Hate lazy "Let's just ramp up the stats!" difficulties like the DS remakes and TH. All they really do is encourage you to level up with Arenas/Boss abuse/etc. to make your units stronger to compensate then do the exact same things you would in lower difficulty settings. (Or in Awakening and Fates, literally do the exact same things. Nosferatank Robin, Ryoma, and Xander make the difference between Normal Casual and Lunatic Classic neigh non-existent.)

Or in the case of TH..... use NG+ then cheese.

In the Elibe games, Hard Modes actually did more. Like add new enemies or give enemies status staves to change how you approach the same chapter.
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert

User Info: Charged151

Charged151
3 weeks ago#6
Endgame posted...
Hate lazy "Let's just ramp up the stats!" difficulties like the DS remakes and TH. All they really do is encourage you to level up with Arenas/Boss abuse/etc. to make your units stronger to compensate then do the exact same things you would in lower difficulty settings.

H5 FE11 and Lunatic FE12 are both beatable without any kind of grinding.
"When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say."
-George R.R. Martin

User Info: HayashiTakara

HayashiTakara
3 weeks ago#7
if maddening is lazily designed than every harder difficulty in fire emblem is lazily design. Hell let's go for the full gambit, every game that has hard difficulty settings is lazily designed.
NNID: HTakara82 - Add me if you're looking for a good time, lol
NS FC: SW-6233-5661-0820

User Info: MisterNobody

MisterNobody
3 weeks ago#8
This entire game is lazily designed. Why would maddening be any different?

User Info: RidleytheSmall

RidleytheSmall
3 weeks ago#9
Maddening is definitely playable without dlc stuff or grinding.
Rev 2 main: Baiken, Dbfz main team: Bardock/Nappa/Base Vegeta Sfv main: Zeku

User Info: Walshin

Walshin
3 weeks ago#10
It's not just stat increases, there also are new enemy skills in the mix.
It's not the pinnacle of great design, granted, but SOME level of thought has been given. It's not Dark Souls NG+ levels of lazy.

So deny. Stop being so dramatic, go play an actually lazy game and see the difference.
I recommend Fallout 76.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. C/D: Maddening is lazily designed
  • Topic Archived