• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Can I get someone to help me the fill in the gaps on Rhea's leaps of logic?

User Info: THEBEYONDMAN

THEBEYONDMAN
4 weeks ago#1
UNMARKED SPOILERS WILL BE PRESENT THROUGHOUT THIS TOPIC

Starting now,

So Rhea, who has lived up to a 1000+ years at this point decides to implant a baby with what I consider to be a lovecraftian artifact into a child in the hopes of resurrecting the Progenitor God of presumably all life on the continent, and doesn't include some type of killswitch that doesn't go awry.

I think its safe to assume there's no guarantee that Byleth's goals in life would align with Rhea's. Also, the possibility Byleth could use that power against her.

There is the other very likely possibility that Sothis could have been resurrected as not her self entirely and possibly even evil.

All in all, it seems like a pretty terrible idea to resurrect an incredibly powerful deity with no fail safe or contingency in place.
"I'll bear this pain until the day I die, but I refuse to wallow in it." -Felix Fraldarius, Fire Emblem: Three Houses

User Info: Walshin

Walshin
4 weeks ago#2
Well, if you're the kind of person who would put a killswitch on YOUR MOTHER yes, sure, Rhea is illogical.

But I don't think logic applies here.

User Info: Febrel

Febrel
4 weeks ago#3
THEBEYONDMAN posted...
I think its safe to assume there's no guarantee that Byleth's goals in life would align with Rhea's. Also, the possibility Byleth could use that power against her.

She expected Sothis to just take the body.

THEBEYONDMAN posted...
There is the other very likely possibility that Sothis could have been resurrected as not her self entirely

Better than nothing.

THEBEYONDMAN posted...
and possibly even evil.

She doesn't care.
No quote.

User Info: Wes62

Wes62
4 weeks ago#4
Rhea had been trying to reincarnate Sothis for 1,000 years. Byleth wasn't the first. Byleth's mother was actually the twelfth (?) attempt. When Byleth was born both the mother and baby were really weak. Byleth's mother asked Rhea to take the Crest Stone and give it to Byleth instead to save the baby.

Rhea was also another traumatized person (on top of Edelgard and Dimitri) playing an important role in this game. She was scarred by her mother's death and fixated for nearly a millenia on bringing her back.

In Crimson Flower, when Byleth sets himself against her, it unhinges her after everything she put into it.
Sig

THEBEYONDMAN
4 weeks ago#5
Walshin posted...
Well, if you're the kind of person who would put a killswitch on YOUR MOTHER yes, sure, Rhea is illogical.

But I don't think logic applies here.

Her mother is dead though. I think and there's proof, the CF route, that shows that Sothis' power can be used against her.

I can see why she didn't, but with the amount of power Rhea's putting into one person, it seems highly irresponsible to not have at least some plan in place to deal with that potential problem. Aside from going insane, anyway.
"I'll bear this pain until the day I die, but I refuse to wallow in it." -Felix Fraldarius, Fire Emblem: Three Houses

User Info: Walshin

Walshin
4 weeks ago#6
Yes, Rhea's mother is dead. That's the point. Rhea's goal, first and foremost, isn't to resurrect a god, it's to bring back her mommy. Considering her actions thourough the game I think she couldn't care less about the power of the progenitor god, she just want her mommy back.

That's why Rhea doesn't think about the consequences. She just doesn't give a flying f***, she wants her mother. You got it right, she is irresponsible.

THEBEYONDMAN
4 weeks ago#7
Wes62 posted...
Rhea had been trying to reincarnate Sothis for 1,000 years. Byleth wasn't the first. Byleth's mother was actually the twelfth (?) attempt. When Byleth was born both the mother and baby were really weak. Byleth's mother asked Rhea to take the Crest Stone and give it to Byleth instead to save the baby.

Rhea was also another traumatized person (on top of Edelgard and Dimitri) playing an important role in this game. She was scarred by her mother's death and fixated for nearly a millenia on bringing her back.

In Crimson Flower, when Byleth sets himself against her, it unhinges her after everything she put into it.

See when it's framed that way, Rhea should have been playable in the Church route. She has the same theme as the other Lords in the game. Their experiences in the past affect how each lord in their route want to change the world. In Rhea's case, I think she just wants to go back to Zanado with Sothis. But no, they decide to copy/paste Claude's ending instead.

Just shows to me how inconsequential the Church route is aside from the tidbits right before the final battle.

User Info: Mephantom

Mephantom
4 weeks ago#8
I don't think you're meant to find her goals to be a good plan. She's a traumatized person that wants her mother back and cares about nothing else. Everything she did was geared towards that. She doesn't even care about the religion or the crest system.

User Info: TwerpKnight

TwerpKnight
4 weeks ago#9
Daily reminder that Rhea put Sothis' crest stone into Byleth first and foremost at Byleth's mother's request to prevent Byleth from dying at birth.

I wonder what Rhea would've done if Byleth never showed up at the Monastery 21ish years later due to anime fate destiny reasons other than to give up.
When playable Anna in Three Houses?
I'm glad the Switch is finally getting a good Xenoblade game with Xenoblade Definitive Edition.

THEBEYONDMAN
4 weeks ago#10
Walshin posted...
Yes, Rhea's mother is dead. That's the point. Rhea's goal, first and foremost, isn't to resurrect a god, it's to bring back her mommy. Considering her actions thourough the game I think she couldn't care less about the power of the progenitor god, she just want her mommy back.

That's why Rhea doesn't think about the consequences. She just doesn't give a flying f***, she wants her mother. You got it right, she is irresponsible.

I think about Seteth and Flayn. Flayn's mother is also dead and they miss her terribly, but they aren't actively attempting to do anything extreme as resurrection.

I'm under the assumption Flayn cannot transform, if she was able to in the first place. So maybe it's a dragon thing for Rhea to want to bring back mummy?

Regardless, I find it difficult to believe someone who can act so careless in a matter of incredible magnitude as resurrecting a dead god could lead a continent for around 1000 years.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Can I get someone to help me the fill in the gaps on Rhea's leaps of logic?
  • Topic Archived