• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Huh, Ingrid's VA is new? That explains....quite a bit actually

User Info: Osranger

Osranger
3 weeks ago#11
That explains so much. In that case, kudos to her. Voice acting is hard. I did not like her performance, but apparently other people did. I hope she finds more success in the future.
have a cookie.

User Info: AvantgardeAClue

AvantgardeAClue
3 weeks ago#12
Urodos posted...
Celica posted...
I actually thought she did a pretty good job.

So did I, but this helps explain why some people might've felt otherwise
Sometimes I say things and I'm not voice acting.

User Info: NeonDragon9000

NeonDragon9000
3 weeks ago#13
I thought she and Edelgard has the same VA. I heard some similarities.
nd9k: everything i post is terrible

AvantgardeAClue
3 weeks ago#14
NeonDragon9000 posted...
I thought she and Edelgard has the same VA. I heard some similarities.

Tara Platt normally does the same (albeit highly fantastic) type of voice every game, but when she doesn't....it's pretty fun. Observe this scene in Persona 3 where she literally talks to herself at the 10 minute mark (Mitsuru/Elizabeth)

https://youtu.be/SzCZPJaM2Xo

User Info: BloodMoon7

BloodMoon7
3 weeks ago#15
I could feel Ingrid's exasperation in Ingrid x Sylvain.

I think she did fine, that's just how a girl like Ingrid is supposed to sound. Rather monotone until someone makes them upset.

Then again my favorite Ingrid line is "Haha, I'm here!" so...
Fire Emblem Three Mounteds
The Black Peaglesus, The Blue Stallions and the Golden Wyvern Rideers... Which mount will you choose? Fire Emblem Three Horses.

User Info: lucky_sharm19

lucky_sharm19
3 weeks ago#16
Ingrid was honestly one of my least favorite voices. Half the time she sounded decent enough but other times she sounded very line reading-y.

Flayn's voice actress was also a total newcomer but she sounded a ton more colorful by comparison.
The show's over.
NNID (Wii U): luckysharm, "Joseph" SSB4 Mains: (Palutena, Robin, Ike) Pockets: (Marth/Lucina, Roy, Doc, Shulk)

User Info: Pickley-

Pickley-
3 weeks ago#17
Not a huge fan of her lines most of the time. She never really “speaks” like other characters.

Still, her VA has potential and I hope she does more!

User Info: Freeze_Flare

Freeze_Flare
3 weeks ago#18
If there is one thing I noticed and love about this game: It's that a lot of VAs seem to be newbies and/or have this game as their big break. Looking to hear more of them in future works.

AvantgardeAClue
3 weeks ago#19
Freeze_Flare posted...
If there is one thing I noticed and love about this game: It's that a lot of VAs seem to be newbies and/or have this game as their big break. Looking to hear more of them in future works.

I remember Erica Lindbeck (Celica) talking about this at a panel. She felt this was "the big one" for her and while I'd disagree (she had been around for a while before it) it does seem to be one of her most well-known roles now.

User Info: megaboltable

megaboltable
3 weeks ago#20
Never found a problem with Ingrid’s voice.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Huh, Ingrid's VA is new? That explains....quite a bit actually
  • Topic Archived