• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. NG Maddening tier list?

User Info: f001er

f001er
4 weeks ago#31
Thyrsus Lysithea is the only attacking mage that is relevant anymore, thanks to combination of dark magic and her nuke power. She would be much worse if she had regular black magic, since very often only spells like luna and hades are enough to kill.

Resident house healers Mercedes, Marianne and Linny are good and relevant.

I really like brave skills, so things like point blank volley and swift strikes are nuts, because of that i actually starting to think that Great knight might be a good class for characters like Sylvain and Ferdinand von Aegir.

User Info: unworthY_Avatar

unworthY_Avatar
4 weeks ago#32
f001er posted...
Thyrsus Lysithea is the only attacking mage that is relevant anymore, thanks to combination of dark magic and her nuke power. She would be much worse if she had regular black magic, since very often only spells like luna and hades are enough to kill.

Resident house healers Mercedes, Marianne and Linny are good and relevant.

I really like brave skills, so things like point blank volley and swift strikes are nuts, because of that i actually starting to think that Great knight might be a good class for characters like Sylvain and Ferdinand von Aegir.

I agree that the variety and utility of her attack spells might be as important or even more thsn highet range spels now that all units are tougher and cannot be so easily doubled

Death Spikes of course is the DK killer, along with all other horse units.

Seraphim melts life-bars off monsters

Luna can still nuke enemies with high RES

But I would not go as far to say all other mage units are useless
Guys.. I have no idea what is going on!!

User Info: Pewpewblaster97

Pewpewblaster97
4 weeks ago#33
TheBLD posted...
Or ... archer Byleth.

Seeing as the Deathknight has Counterattack, I don't really see how archer Byleth is really doing anything a normal Byleth already isn't.

I'm also pretty confident you're not going to be Level 10 by the time you're doing that chapter considering the recommended level for that chapter is 7.
"How!? How do you polish Rust!?"
- Codsworth

User Info: warriorman222

warriorman222
4 weeks ago#34
NaclynE posted...
As long as she's an assassin. I ran her as a cavelier and she was average. She would kill mages sure but everything else no. Assassin let's just say she'll kill everything including mages. She seems to survive anything heading her way too.

Who would have thought that an Advanced Class wad better than an Intermediate

come on

The real comparison is Falco Knight to Assassin. They have equal Speed, but one has Swordbreaker against this game's fetish for spamming swords, can get Darting Blow with no commitment, Moore easily gets Alert Stance+ to be an effective lure, Flight to skip past done admitting setups, a more and better or equal stats basically everywhere. The other... has Swordfaire, which is admittedly useful for winning tournaments lategame.

Now Paladin Ingrid is weaker than Assasin Ingrid, but that's during the midgame, the point at which the game is at its' easiest. By Myrrdin she should be a Falco and from the time you become Paly/Wyvern to then that's been like 2 or 3 seriously hard maps where the difference is felt.
How to not care: http://i.imgur.com/G3hKKOO.png How to say no: http://i.imgur.com/J0YBPHP.png
3DS FC: 3866-8698-4754

User Info: FelurFalas

FelurFalas
4 weeks ago#35
Magic has always been stupid good in FE games because most enemies have low Res. No difficulty mode is ever going to change that.
Yorokobi No Ito Wa Canon Tsumugidasu
The Thread of Happiness is Weaved by a Canon

User Info: f001er

f001er
4 weeks ago#36
unworthY_Avatar posted...

Well, i feel like there are 2 types of mages now, the ones that get kills, and the ones who cannot do anything that your healers can't do. Like i'm convinced that you don't go for mage Annette ever. That meme build with bolt axe wyvern and relic spam is probably the only way for her to be relevant.

Hubert is probably ok, but he is so much more noticeably worse than Lysithea now it's not even funny. You only have 1 thyrsus anyway and there is only 1 who is worthy.

Dorothea have dancer as the only path now.

unworthY_Avatar
4 weeks ago#37
f001er posted...
unworthY_Avatar posted...

Well, i feel like there are 2 types of mages now, the ones that get kills, and the ones who cannot do anything that your healers can't do. Like i'm convinced that you don't go for mage Annette ever. That meme build with bolt axe wyvern and relic spam is probably the only way for her to be relevant.

Hubert is probably ok, but he is so much more noticeably worse than Lysithea now it's not even funny. You only have 1 thyrsus anyway and there is only 1 who is worthy.

Dorothea have dancer as the only path now.

Well Hubert and Dorothea dont have crests. So Thyrsus really was never an option for them, especially in Maddening.

Annette makes for a better magic axe user or rallybot in Maddening

I dont think Hubert can be TOO much worse with slightly lower MAG and SPD growths

By Byleth has been getting Amazing STR, SPD and DEF growths but almost nothing for MAG, so I may just make her a WL

User Info: Misha-Heart

Misha-Heart
4 weeks ago#38
FelurFalas posted...
Magic has always been stupid good in FE games because most enemies have low Res. No difficulty mode is ever going to change that.

Mages over the series have ranged from good(Asbel, Lewyn, Pent) to mediocre(Lilina, Ricken, FE10 magic users).
Yuri/Shoujo-Ai is the purest love. No questions asked.
"Life is long when you live it, but oh so short when you look back."

unworthY_Avatar
4 weeks ago#39
Misha-Heart posted...
FelurFalas posted...

Mages over the series have ranged from good(Asbel, Lewyn, Pent) to mediocre(Lilina, Ricken, FE10 magic users).

Delethea was basically the Lysethia Echoes A walking nuke who lacked higher- ranged spells but could equip and item at could easilty solve that issue

User Info: FelurFalas

FelurFalas
4 weeks ago#40
Misha-Heart posted...
Certainly the mage units themselves have had their ups and downs, but magic itself as a weapon type is ridiculous. 1-2 Range at all times, siege tomes, tons of versatility/effects, and enemies hardly have any defenses against them due to low Res. Honestly, it is even more broken in this game than ever before (except maybe Awakening).

I would actually be more concerned if a difficulty mode sent more OP mages at me than anything else.
Yorokobi No Ito Wa Canon Tsumugidasu
The Thread of Happiness is Weaved by a Canon
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. NG Maddening tier list?
  • Topic Archived