• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Blue Lions could have had a "bad ending" *spoilers*

User Info: Thrasher7170

Thrasher7170
4 weeks ago#1
So, as most of us know, the Blue Lions route has Hobo Dimitri get better after witnessing Rodrigue's death, leading to him returning to the Kingdom to free it before attacking Enbarr.

But what if there was a split there? What if, instead of having Rodrigue guaranteed to die, there was an opportunity to save him with Divine Pulse, which alters the story?

Here's basically what I'm thinking:

-If you let Rodrigue die, aka do nothing, Dimitri is driven further into despair, kills Fleche with his bare hands, and then forces his troops to Enbarr long before they're ready. You manage to get to Edelgard, but in the process all of the Blue Lions leave one by one, starting with Felix. By the time you reach the throne room, it's just Byleth and Dimitri against Edelgard and Hubert and a handful of soldiers because she wasn't expecting the attack. After killing them all, Dimitri collapses and Byleth puts him out of his misery. The epilogue shows that the Empire and Kingdom fell into disarray, and Fodlan is in terrible shape.

-If you save Rodrigue, that's what snaps Dimitri out of his despair because he realizes how close he was to losing his second father figure. The story proceeds as normal, except now Rodrigue is playable.

Inb4 "this is terrible"
3.5 lbs of Sour Patch Kids makes one Sour Patch Child.
Bisexual and proud

User Info: StellaLunaris

StellaLunaris
4 weeks ago#2
You prevent the bad ending when you get the items "muzzle" and "rolled up-newspaper".

Then you have to have Byleth use the magic incantation, which is tapping the latter item onto the wild king's face and speaking the magic words. "NO! BAD DIMITRI! BAD!"
https://society6.com/redpawdesigns
I draw stuff. Buy a pillow to support your butt AND my gaming backlog collection

User Info: BloodMoon7

BloodMoon7
4 weeks ago#3
This is actually terrible. And BL is already the bad ending. It doesn't matter if you killed Thales and Myson, you still don't know where their base is and they never needed any help from the Empire, they were the ones who the Empire needed help from. That's why Edelgard was willing to side with them.

Even if they lost leaders, it's only a matter of time... Even on a route like GD, Shambala loyalists crawl out of nowhere and incite Imperial rebels and they nearly take Deirdru. They are a threat that BL remains ignorant of

I don't see why people can't understand this
Fire Emblem Three Mounteds
The Black Peaglesus, The Blue Stallions and the Golden Wyvern Rideers... Which mount will you choose? Fire Emblem Three Horses.

User Info: IAmLordMeatwad

IAmLordMeatwad
4 weeks ago#4
I like that idea to an extent. Losing your recruits is a bit much?

I think they should have had moments though where you need to talk to them during Explore sections to keep them with you on the army / convince them to join you if protect Edelgard. Or maybe you need a certain level of Support from them or they go. Like maybe units you don't actually use/talk to leave you, making Garreg Mach more barren. I don't like how your recruits just go with whatever.

I like your split idea though. I think each path should have a moment where you can split it. It would add more replay value, and I think it's weird that the split mechanic is only for Black Eagles.

User Info: ljyii98

ljyii98
4 weeks ago#5
This is terrible
But yeah I kinda wanted a bad ending where Dimitri dies

User Info: BloodMoon7

BloodMoon7
4 weeks ago#6
ljyii98 posted...
This is terrible
But yeah I kinda wanted a bad ending where Dimitri dies

It's called Golden Deer
Fire Emblem Three Mounteds
The Black Peaglesus, The Blue Stallions and the Golden Wyvern Rideers... Which mount will you choose? Fire Emblem Three Horses.

User Info: rukn

rukn
4 weeks ago#7
This is bleak

User Info: Thrasher7170

Thrasher7170
4 weeks ago#8
rukn posted...
This is bleak

Good.
3.5 lbs of Sour Patch Kids makes one Sour Patch Child.
Bisexual and proud

User Info: superxgaga

superxgaga
4 weeks ago#9
Byleth puts him down, sit on the seat of the empty throne room, look at all the corpses around, gives it a sigh.
"夢幻の如くなり"
Byleth reaches for Dimitri's hand, Dimitri:"Sensei!! ", Edelgard walks up, smash his face in, "Oh Im sorry, did i break your concentration?"

User Info: Someguy1006

Someguy1006
4 weeks ago#10
It would have been cool if some routes had bad endings.

For example, Edelgard's route could have the bad ending of her not winning the TWSITD war after defeating Rhea. To get the good ending you would need to be able to get Edelgard to trust people other than Hubert and Byleth alongside doing Hubert's paralogue.

Then after defeating Rhea you could fight TWSITD at their base to get the good ending.
Holding out for Pikmin 4
Official Young Red Eyes Black Tunic Link
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Blue Lions could have had a "bad ending" *spoilers*
  • Topic Archived