• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Do you think this game needed more time in development?

User Info: MechaFlo

MechaFlo
4 weeks ago#11
It could have used some more time I think. Add a couple more chapters to CF route and don't have TWS just dealt with in the epilogue. Add more cutscenes to it. Give the general story in part 1 another pass maybe to fix up some of its issues. Added more character models for classes assuming that genderlocks are in the game because of running out of time and not an asinine design choice.

User Info: Stepdog

Stepdog
4 weeks ago#12
I have almost 200 hours into the game. Which is the most I’ve played any game in years. So I say no I’m pretty happy with it.

User Info: MechaFlo

MechaFlo
4 weeks ago#13
Stepdog posted...
I have almost 200 hours into the game. Which is the most I’ve played any game in years. So I say no I’m pretty happy with it.

I've sunk a lot of time into it too but I still think it could have been even better with a bit more time in the oven to patch a few things up.

User Info: Tanookichris

Tanookichris
4 weeks ago#14
Uh nope!

User Info: Spirit_in_Black

Spirit_in_Black
4 weeks ago#15
FelurFalas posted...
The mediocre graphics and animation variety is more due to the technical limitation of the switch

lmao do people seriously believe this s***? It's mediocre because they ported everything from Fire Emblem Warriors LOL
In with the wind...

User Info: superxgaga

superxgaga
4 weeks ago#16
Spirit_in_Black posted...
lmao do people seriously believe this s***? It's mediocre because they ported everything from Fire Emblem Warriors LOL
Koei did most the work and their track record shows it would happen like this.
Byleth reaches for Dimitri's hand, Dimitri:"Sensei!! ", Edelgard walks up, smash his face in, "Oh Im sorry, did i break your concentration?"

User Info: HentaiSenpai

HentaiSenpai
4 weeks ago#17
Spirit_in_Black posted...
FelurFalas posted...
The mediocre graphics and animation variety is more due to the technical limitation of the switch

Yeah. It doesn't even look good compared to other Switch games.

Xenoblade 2 was a game that came out launch year and had a severely reduced development team. It still manages to be more impressive than this game.
Real girls grow old and bitter. Waifus stay beautiful forever.
2D>3D

User Info: Enryx25

Enryx25
4 weeks ago#18
If this game was delayed for 1-2 more years it would become one of the best SRPG of all time imo.
Sadly IS' idea for this game was too ambitious and they probably didn't expect it would take so much time and resources.
I can't wait for the next new Fire Emblem. It will definitely be amazing.
NO.

User Info: Blue-Lemon-Z

Blue-Lemon-Z
4 weeks ago#19
Yeah it should’ve.

Fire Emblem Three Houses is of the few cases in modern gaming where the graphics can actually hurt and hinder the overall experience. Not a single moment passes where I’m like “ew, that looks a little odd / cheap / ugly / unfinished.” Sometimes the models look pretty good in closeups, but othertimes they look horrendous, like during far away battles or when multiple enemies are on screen.

As for gameplay and writing issues, I currently don’t know of them. But hearing that routes are copy and paste are disappointing, although that’s probably a given if the game’s very long.

Next game needs to prioritize having good to decent graphics.

Tocss posted...
No, the fundamental flaws with the game couldn't be fixed without nearly having to start over.
Don’t believe that’s entirely true. I remember injustice 2’s first gameplay videos had butt ugly graphics, but the final game ended up looking much better. I thought something like this would happen for this, but guess not.
"I'm being harassed by a toaster"
When life gives ya lemons, paint em' blue.

User Info: emagdnE

emagdnE
4 weeks ago#20
More development time would have only made things slightly less bad. The real problem is that IS' inherent concepts are bad. Unless that extra development time would cut back on the school s*** while making the chapters more interesting, it STILL would have been a downgrade from Fates. (Or massive downgrade from Echoes if you want to use the actual most recent title before TH instead.)

The mediocre graphics and animation variety is more due to the technical limitation of the switch.

Literally every other first party title, including those ported from Wii U, looks better than TH. Super Mario Odyssey in particular actually establishes that the Switch is an upgrade from Wii U.

So no. It's because IS fails at 3D animation. They have ever since PoR, which was also the worst looking first party Gamecube title despite releasing towards the end. And RD, which still looked worse than every Gamecube first party title.

The 3DS games helped cover it up since 3DS was outdated hardware on 240p the day it released to begin with so no game really had a huge advantage over them.

And who did they look to for help? Koei Tecmo. And..... well, they make games with budgets so low that even 100k sales in Japan is enough to make profit.

But better graphics wouldn't save the game. It was always going to be ugly because of the inherently hideous character designs.

f***, I'm playing Daemon X Machina right now. I'm seeing Kozaki's character designs (Plenty of the same ones in Awakening and Fates none the less. He just gave Benny an eyepatch and called him "Reaper". lol.) and going "ugh". But y'know what? They're still much better than the fuggos in TH.

DXM also has much shorter load times than TH despite better graphics. So..... what the f***?

Have you learned nothing from Square Enix? Time in development doesn't mean s***.

Nintendo taught us that lesson even better.

How long was BotW in development? How much content and substance does it actually have between those long stretches of walking? Very little considering its 5 year development time.
I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy... All right, give me the bomb. -Ultra Magnus
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Do you think this game needed more time in development?
  • Topic Archived