• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Pick a House=Who dies and who lives?

User Info: Bkim999

Bkim999
4 weeks ago#1
I know similar to Fates someone will die "permanently" for story sakes when you pick a House. Unlike Fates, however, these death will be more "heartbreaking/heavy" and there is no "Revelation Route" to save most (if not all).

I wish to know who/which people will "forever" die (for story sakes) for not picking their House. I won't mind spoilers too much but try to keep spoiler minimal as possible. I just got the game and wish to know.

Along with any special methods/strategies (or supports) that could be done to prevent any "possible" story/permanent deaths.

User Info: GotTired

GotTired
4 weeks ago#2
The only characters that die for the sake of the plot are the other house leaders.
Going to bed. Goodnight.

User Info: superxgaga

superxgaga
4 weeks ago#3
And poor hubert lol, Dedue is like a cockroach that get to live in every route.
GotTired posted...
The only characters that die for the sake of the plot are the other house leaders.

Byleth reaches for Dimitri's hand, Dimitri:"Sensei!! ", Edelgard walks up, smash his face in, "Oh Im sorry, did i break your concentration?"

User Info: Hauke

Hauke
4 weeks ago#4
superxgaga posted...
And poor hubert lol, Dedue is like a cockroach that get to live in every route.
GotTired posted...

Dedue didn't survive in a certain route.

User Info: Hauke

Hauke
4 weeks ago#5
You can prevent some deaths by defeating the characters with Byleth.

In BE:
you can prevent Flayn's and Claudes Death by killing them with Byleth and you can safe Lysithea

User Info: SmashingBros

SmashingBros
4 weeks ago#6
Basically, all students are on the chopping block if you don't pick their house. The way to get around this is that (with a few exceptions I'll get into in a minute) all students are recruitable by exploring the monastery and asking them to join your class. This can be done either by raising your stats in areas they like (which the game will tell you- typically, they want at least 12-20 in a stat and C-B in a skill, with some exceptions) or getting a B support with them. Basically, if a character has joined your house before month 2, they're safely in your party. Certain ones might leave depending on route, but you can still get them back so long as they joined your house.

As for exceptions:
Edelgard and Hubert are exclusive to Black Eagles
Dedue, Dimitri, and Gilbert are exclusive to Blue Lions
Claude is exclusive to Golden Deer

That's not to say that they're all goners for not choosing them or confirmed to live for picking them though- Claude can be spared on the other two routes, and if you join the Blue Lions, Dedue will need his paralogue completed before month 2 to ensure he survives (otherwise he's fine).

Rather than supports or requirements for faculty, they will either be automatic or require you to be level 15 to recruit them (Catherine, Shamir, Cyril, Manuela, and Hanneman).

Seteth, Catherine, Cyril, Flayn, and Hilda will not join the Black Eagles house until after you make a certain decision- you'll know it when it comes up. If you still don't get them, Seteth and Flayn can be spared by having Byleth defeat them and I believe (though someone else will have to confirm) Hilda can be ignored entirely so long as you defeat her chapter's boss.

While others may appear as enemies and can be spared, Marianne will disappear completely (with the implication she dies) unless she is in your house before month 2.

Caspar and Ferdinand are exceptions to the B support strategy- their B supports are locked until after month two, so you either need to join BE or raise your stats to their desired levels (C in Heavy Armor for Ferdie, C in Brawling for Caspar).

Lysithea has... unusual circumstances. Without going into detail, an A/S support with Linhardt, Hanneman, Claude, Byleth, or Edelgard before the ending of the game will get her a better ending.

Hope that helps! Good luck and have fun.
*horrible bird imitations*
I'm probably either bored or procrastinating. Or both.

User Info: superxgaga

superxgaga
4 weeks ago#7
Hauke posted...
Dedue didn't survive in a certain route.
In BE if u beat him b4 beast mode , he lives and collect Dimitri corpse.
Byleth reaches for Dimitri's hand, Dimitri:"Sensei!! ", Edelgard walks up, smash his face in, "Oh Im sorry, did i break your concentration?"

User Info: SmashingBros

SmashingBros
4 weeks ago#8
SmashingBros posted...
Certain ones might leave depending on route, but you can still get them back so long as they joined your house.

Ran out of edits but wanted to clear this up; basically, if you have a character in your house and then encounter them as an enemy later, have Byleth defeat them and they'll rejoin you. The only exception to this is Flayn (who will join automatically and potentially leave depending on your decision in BE), but even then having Byleth defeat her ensures she lives, albeit without her rejoining.
*horrible bird imitations*
I'm probably either bored or procrastinating. Or both.

User Info: unworthY_Avatar

unworthY_Avatar
4 weeks ago#9
GotTired posted...

Hubert as well on any Path but Eldgeuards. He will always be the boss in the map before you face Eldgeuard in the palace
Guys.. I have no idea what is going on!!

User Info: BloodMoon7

BloodMoon7
4 weeks ago#10
Silly TC. Every house is a Revelation route if you're only requirement is saving (mostly) everyone lol. Did you think many characters would actually die in Neo Fire Emblem?

So you can go through the game with minimal death if you wanted
Memes
Mommy Rhea's lap is best lap.
  1. Boards
  2. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  3. Pick a House=Who dies and who lives?
  • Topic Archived